Takadanobabaalien

黒百合と影 Kuroyuri to kage

I really love this band so far. It's my favorite Ains-related band.

Their first album was a really good start and one of my favorite albums last year.

There is something in their music. It's a bit disturbing but really charming.

To me, they're better than Memento-Mori who was a bad copy of Kiryu.

Their first album was interesting, especially because of the Nostalgia factor (mid 00s VK style). But their next release was kinda repetitive, not adding much and sounding very similiar for no song has managed to stick in my head. That seems generally a problem of Ains bands, that they stick too close to their homage sound and never stray out of the comfort zone to add some variety to their discography. Thankfully Grieva have recently dropped the act of only copying Dir en grey songs, I just wish Gossip and Kuroyuri would do the same. From all the Ains bands Kuroyuri would have the most potential (since they aren't really based on another band, much like Dir en Grieva or Gazette-ossip.)

Memento-Mori who was a bad copy of Kiryu.

please download Kiryu's discography and memento mori cause that just some.......................

or provide examples to back up this claim

Kiryu is one of my favorite bands.

Memento-Mori had the same sound and the same concept as Kiryu but a worst sound quality (poor samples, etc.).

Of course I mean "old" Kiryu. 

Memento-Mori had the same sound and the same concept as Kiryu but a worst sound quality (poor samples, etc.).

other words you cant. lol

ill give you another chance to prove me wrong

https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/index.php/topic/22710-inspiration-where-does-music-find-it/

1 hour ago, Uglymouth said:

I wonder how long they will continue as a 3 man band, and if Haruka will become their official drummer eventually..

tbh I'm just glad they continue their activites, I really thougt they were gonna disband after losing 2 members and depart from Ains

Edited by Kiryu999

So what do you guys think of the new mini?

I love it, and I think it's the best release they have so far. I just wish they would have skipped the chocolate kaidan live/webshop limited single and released this mini earlier,  because 3 new songs for 2500 jpy is expensive :/

Ekijou heya and furanfuran are my favorites on the mini. The re-recorded 3 tracks are MUCH better than on the single though.

^ Agreed with everything you said there. Even though I haven't really had time to digest the mini album (only did a quick listen once), I consider it to be their best work so far. Before this, my fave was their debut full-length, but this release easily surpassed that in catchiness and coolness. And yup, liked the re-done single songs a bit better myself too.

I agree with earlier comments, they really did an awesome job on this one. The debut full lenght is still my fave though, even though this is my new second fave release. So happy that they re-recorded the single songs too, definitely more pleasant to listen to and suddenly the songs got even better. 

I like everything they've put out so far, but I can sense a slowing down in momentum. On an intuitive level I feel like the next release is going to be either lame shit or just tired tripe. All I got from this were bad vibes