Takadanobabaalien

黒百合と影 Kuroyuri to kage

Kuroyuritokage.jpg

黒百合と影 (Kuroyuri to kage) is visual kei band from Japan formed in 2014.

Members:
Vo.烏名鳴-karasuna mei- 
Gt.黒-kuro- 
Gt.こよみ-koyomi- 
Ba.K
Dr.夢月-mutsuki-

Never started a topic in this part of the forum before I think, but lets try lol.

This band is my current obsession. As the album was released 2 days ago I bet some of you listened to it already, what do you think? favorite songs? any member you like? feel free to discuss them basically lol.

My favorite songs from the album so far (besides 「浴槽」 which is my favorite song by them) is Kimi no kusuriyubi wa boku no stew, Childmother, Yokohama merry and Tokage  :mrgreen:

Bought ticket today for their oneman in Tokyo, and also have a ticket for their live with Grieva and Gossip next weekend. So I am pretty excited :D

How were memento mori compared to kuroyuri btw? I never listened to them, are they worth checking out?

I was listening their album only one time, so I didn't have favorite song, maybe the three already knows because of they are released on their first single are those who I prefer, But i really enjoy the introduction track.

Same member as Memeto Mori, but different feeling in music and different vibes. I think it's two different Era and those two band (even if the member are the same) doesn't be compared like you can't compared Reload and Grieva.

But if I does compare, actually I prefer the Memento Mori Era, but, I will take an eye on the Kuroyuri to kage era, and give them a chance to proove prove their worth.

End for finish, I will wait how they turn, I was really enjoying about Grieva debut, but now they turn around and become repetitive, I am less.

Hope Kuroyuri to kage didn't make the same way, and can found their own vibes.

oh goodie a somewhere where i can say my thoughts. The album was ok, or low level good. The reason being after ai left memento mori he lost his grip on harsh vocals. and even though he stopped the death growls and awesome highs after Fuyu Shogun, they were still good after. sounded like a crappy dezert - depain harsh. i guess i should be happy he isn't doing the trending inhales. so i'm not on their team for now

I was very sceptical of these guys at first. Especially since I only expected generic nu metal guitar thrashing. I’d say the album is a decent listen, it’s not as boring as I have thought. Honestly, I can’t really agree with the statement that they sound like Dezert. Both bands seem to have a mid 00s Nu Metal influenced sound and both vocalists like to pretend being manic and hysterical, but that’s all. 「浴槽」~introduction is my fav and the only song that really sticks out on this album for me (maybe I stil need to listen to the others more).

No clue how they are compared to memento mori, since I only listened to 2 songs of the latter. But this band here has potential, especially since they aren’t as repetitive and formulaic as Grieva (yet).

I enjoyed their album, but wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. I wish they had more Mucc-ish + Arabic influences like 「浴槽」 had, but that seems to only be a 1-time thing. キミの薬指はボクのシチュー。is good too.

Really enjoyed some of the slower, subdued songs on the new album - tracks 8 and 9 specifically. Track 8 "チャイルドマザー" reminds me of a 9mm Parabellum Bullet song with the circus-y feel - especially because of that main guitar riff, down to the tone itself. Track 9 "ひとり桜。" was probably one of the nicest VK ballads i've heard in a while...the piano playing wasn't overly cheesy and the lo-fi filter added a nice touch I think.

Some fun fact: "Yokohama Merry" is refering to Merry-san, a prostitute who worked in central Yokohama during 2nd worldwar and after. People called her a monster (like they say in the song) because of her white shironuri/kabuki-ish make-up. 

EDIT: The reason for calling her a monster is not confirmed I guess, so I should state that. My friend just said "I assume that is why they did it". 

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%A1%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%81%95%E3%82%93

1145580115.jpg

烏名鳴-karasuna mei- vocals are rough but ぼくのともだち。 is really nice. I agree with CAT5 in that their slower songs tend to have some really neat touches.

蜥蜴-トカゲ- is still my favorite song by them though!