nacchi

Marina and the Diamonds

Marina Lambrini Diamandis (best known as Marina and the Diamonds) is my favorite artist, her 3rd studio album "FROOT" has leaked yesterday and is already her best record imo. The album promotion is "fruit" themed with one song being released each month since November as "Froot of the Month". The album was entirely composed by Marina herself and also produced by her alongside David Kosten, who has previously worked with Bat for Lashes and Everything Everything. For the songs in the album, Marina enlisted Alex Robertshaw and Jeremy Pritchard from Everything Everything to play guitars and bass, as well as Jason Cooper from The Cure to play drums. If you want to know more about the album, go wikipedia:staru:

Froots of the Months:

Grape, Nov 11: Froot

Lemon, Dec 12: Happy

Blueberry, Jan 1: Immortal

Cherry, Feb 2: I'm a Ruin

Next Froots are Gold and Forget, then the album will be released on April 6.

About the leak, she said on twitter: "We’re on this FROOT journey together, and regardless of today’s events, nothing’s going to stop it. One thing I'd like to ask you for: If you choose to listen and you really like it, please support me by pre-ordering the album. I’ve written the whole record myself. I’m incredibly proud of it. It's an important record for me. Pre-order your freshly homegrown organic delicious no-fucking-GM bollocks ‘FROOT’ here. http://smarturl.it/FROOT.itunes"

♡ "DISCUSS" ♡

I love this woman so much, she's amazing, and I love her music. Her albums are awesome. 

As the new album has leaked, I'm going to try it asap. If I like it, I'm definitely going to order it. 

her voice & looks are gorgeous, but froot sounds like she piled leftovers from 3 different albums of other, more successful acts, and thrown some 80s nostalgia for hipsters who were born in 1999 but still want a chance to feel superior over people who actually have taste in music.

I couldn't stand her previous album either.

I liked Froot, but not as much as Electra Heart of Family Jewels. I didn't like either album on first listen either, but both are not some of my most favorite albums ever. 

On Froot in particular, I liked the title track, I'm a Ruin, Better than That, and Savage (even if the tumblr circle jerk lyrics were a bit hard to get into at first)

I only liked savages, immortal and solitaire (although her vocals are amazing on all of songs) - the triphoppish tracks basically

sometimes I legit wish she was songing in greek bc. her lyrics can be actually worse than the average tumblr girl with a glass of wine poetry