Ikna

lost.fm

I also rarely complain about site updates, like there are more important things, but lulz this Last FM update is really bad. Did they even try to get it right? Half my profile looks broken.   It's amazing how they can do this, but still haven't made any effort to fix all the broken pages that no longer scrobble properly, leading to a bunch of new pages as people try to get around it. smh

I saw the new site.

However, I never experienced what you guys had, though.

All songs I listened to are all scrobbled.

I find it  odd on my part.

*shrugs*

The fuck is this

I added a bunch of artists to my library that did not have any scrobbles yet that served as "I gotta check this stuff out sometime" so that I can come back to the last 3 pages of my library and check out what I... still have to check out. Very handy I used it all the time!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: NOW THE BASTARDS REMOVEDSED EVEYRETHIGN WIT ZERO PLYAYS GODMADANIT :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: !!!!11

SRSLY? Wtffffff I also did this. DDDD:

NO NO NO NO NO now you can't leave a message on the support forums unless you sign in with a Facebook or Google account! :(

Okay, to leave feedback as a Facebookless human you can still click the link in the bottom left corner of your profile page (that's where it is for me at least) so I'd suggest to do that. And of the 3 options I chose that the site is broken, I assume that's the mailbox getting the most attention.

I just noticed the worst thing and is that there's only five artists on the front page! And the top artists pic is larger than the others fucking laaaameeeeeeee

Forced favorites. They're trying to streamline our tastes, haha

The fancy looking music library is now a boring, shitty list. Also you can't sort by alphabet any longer.  Oh and the "top listeners" will be gone forever. And I thought this was a music community, where people can look at stats, see who listens what and find friends with similiar tastes.

Someone wants a advice about future of Last.fm?

"Hey, we're getting ready to launch a brand new Last.fm. Want to try it out? Go explore."

"NO!"

I can't change any settings and my messages got deleted.

I only have two things to say about this entire fiasco:

1. Obligatory disclaimer that you can't please everyone all the time but this update is pleasing nobody. In an attempt to look modern it just looks cluttered. I use last.fm for statistics and I don't need a fancy layout that tries to infer what I'll like three days from now staring me right in the face. I just want my statistics in a nice, clean format. I also want to be able to load everything on my profile page :(

We’re going live with our new site today. Due to this, some functionality may be temporarily unavailable. Below, we’ve listed the areas that may experience some disruption.
  • Everything

So basically they broke their entire website on launch.

Pretty much.

I wish they fixed the way they detected artists/songs - it's blatantly really only geared for popular western music as they only go off the artist name tag - leaving communities like ourselves to resort to "hacks" such as tagging artist names in UTF-8 to give them their own "proper" profile. There's a lot of other things they could be going off of to distinguish artists that may share the same name - song titles, song lengths, album titles, etc. You query all this data together and you have yourself a unique hash in which you can determine the correct artist that should be scrobbled.

This has it's own problems. Tagging isn't uniform and even the smallest deviation in one area of the tag could throw off the hash, edge cases of two different combinations hashing to the same value, etc. However it is infinitely superior to the current method. INFINITELY. Like I don't understand why it wasn't done this way to begin with. Hire me today five years ago and I could have fixed this.

Now it's too late. We all have an expectation of our scrobbles being preserved through updates. Since they've mixed listening habits of many different artists together over many years into one page as well as allowed these "hacks" to move throughout the website, trying to bring together like artist pages while also separating scrobbles from Artist A from scrobbles from Artist B, while making sure A and B really don't have two tracks named the same thing, while then doing the same for each song is an exercise in futility. At this point, they'd just have to redo the system, nuke everyone's scrobbles, and start over.

Either that, or direct people to the tool that restores lost scrobbles and modify the tool to do these hashes and then reinsert? That's even more hacky though.

tl;dr - last.fm was designed badly from the ground up

I keep finding new and horrible things....like it sounds like the journals may have been permanently deleted. There goes my huge list of new releases this year, both upcoming and what I've heard so far.  If I'd had any idea, I would have at least back those up...not to mention the artists with 0 plays that were my to-listen list. D:

I keep finding new and horrible things....like it sounds like the journals may have been permanently deleted. There goes my huge list of new releases this year, both upcoming and what I've heard so far.  If I'd had any idea, I would have at least back those up...not to mention the artists with 0 plays that were my to-listen list. D:

I'm so done.

Neighbours are gone, similar artist pages limited to 1 page with just 10 artists... :(

However! There are still some positive things to write about the new last.fm! The list is rather lenghty  so I spoilered it.

pfMMQUq.jpg

Feel free to add more

The good thing lastfm had (and still somewhat has): it's a really great database of bands no one knows about. That's what I used it for mostly. But considering that the futire of the site now looks really dark… I wonder where I can continue to search for new and unheard bands (especially old visual kei groups)

Last.fm forcing the new beta site on users is very disheartening. It looks bloated and fucking hideous!

I really don't want to hate this site enough to stop using it. I signed up 8 months ago and put a lot of time into perfecting my experience with the site (correcting song/album title metadata, searching for scrobbling apps, image upload rampages; time that could have been spent more productively), and now it seems to be going down the shitter!

Obligatory disclaimer that you can't please everyone all the time but this update is pleasing nobody. In an attempt to look modern it just looks cluttered. I use last.fm for statistics and I don't need a fancy layout that tries to infer what I'll like three days from now staring me right in the face. I just want my statistics in a nice, clean format. I also want to be able to load everything on my profile page :(

This! Amen!

The good thing lastfm had (and still somewhat has): it's a really great database of bands no one knows about. That's what I used it for mostly. But considering that the futire of the site now looks really dark… I wonder where I can continue to search for new and unheard bands (especially old visual kei groups)

Same. I found so much music via that site, through similar artists mostly.

As a programmer, don't blame the programmer. Blame management.

Ok then. Their management got Down syndrome or heavy drug addiction. This will fit better.

They should come here to see the feedback, and see the foolish they made, great part of us use this for years.

If they don't give the opportunity to use the old system, only beta, I will probably leave the site.

Journals are still available if you use the link www.last.fm/user/yourusername/journal

If you get an error, refresh

On the forum they said they'd bring the feature back