Ikna

lost.fm

I have problems with Last.fm too, some I could solve contacting their twitter staff, but I'm on an infinity looping, when my counter is to be at 38.000 it's back to 37.000 ...

This seems to be relevant to this thread:

Looks like there is still some life in last.fm, because as a subscriber I recently got in invite to check out the beta version of the upcoming last.fm site.

If you're interested, here's some screenshots:

New profile page:

last3.PNG

New artist page:

last2.PNG

Since this is a beta and a lot of things are still very rudimentary/non-existing, I will reserve judgement on the design for now, like the round profile images or the "track name - artist name" format... but yeah, there still seems to be some developement going on.

There's a Followers/Following tab on the profile page, so I guess they want to put more emphasis on the social-networking aspect again? Apparently the "Following" tab is just everyone of my last.fm friends, while the "Followers" are just my 10 most recent ones... presumably the ones I got since the beta started. Doesn't make much sense, but eh... it's a beta.

The radio/stream function is basically just an embedded Spotify, so that's probably as deep as that feature goes.

I don't really like spotify so that  feature has always been a source of annoyance for me. I keep forgetting that it makes previewing tracks there impossible if you don't have a spotify account. It feels like a forced partnership... like google+ and youtube....

But that layout is looking pretty spiffy. Hopefully they work out the kinks with beta because I'd like to see those profile pages soon. ^^ Thanks for the screenshots!

One thing I do no like about this layout is that the track's title and artist's name have been reversed. Like this, you'll get a whole scoop of irregularly rendered titles because of how, of course, track names aren't all exactly of the same length. 

Layout does indeed look really nice. However, it also looks like a carbon copy of the Spotify UI. Also, a bit of the new Grooveshark layout too.

I also have a question. I haven't subscribed to last.fm since 2012. Is is still worth subscribing too? I know they don't have radio anymore and really the only thing I think is worth subscribing for is the Labs. 

This seems to be relevant to this thread:

Looks like there is still some life in last.fm, because as a subscriber I recently got in invite to check out the beta version of the upcoming last.fm site.

If you're interested, here's some screenshots:

New profile page:

last3.PNG

New artist page:

last2.PNG

Since this is a beta and a lot of things are still very rudimentary/non-existing, I will reserve judgement on the design for now, like the round profile images or the "track name - artist name" format... but yeah, there still seems to be some developement going on.

There's a Followers/Following tab on the profile page, so I guess they want to put more emphasis on the social-networking aspect again? Apparently the "Following" tab is just everyone of my last.fm friends, while the "Followers" are just my 10 most recent ones... presumably the ones I got since the beta started. Doesn't make much sense, but eh... it's a beta.

The radio/stream function is basically just an embedded Spotify, so that's probably as deep as that feature goes.

the beta is now open to the public. I like the Top Albums on our own profile.

the beta is now showing albums on the recommendations (front?) page. you can now listen to library, mix, and recommendations radio. it uses a combination of spotify and youtube. not sure how i feel about that.

Why don't they just open up the radio again like back in the day if they want you to be able to listen to your recommendations and library from within the client itself? It was perfect, I don't understand why they removed that function.

probably couldn't pay the licensing fees or something like that.

Yeah, from what I understand it was too expensive and didn't pay off.

Anyway, still not liking the round artist images... many band photos aren't really designed to work in a circle and it will screw up a lot of them. Something will always be cut off. Also, nothing else on the site's design is round, except for the artist and profile pictures. Just make them sqare!

Other than that it's looks okay with me so far. I would like a personalized siebar back though, and bigger charts on the profile page. Well, let's soo how the finished product will be.

Gosh, I'm not feeling the beta version. Will take some getting used to. Thank goodness it updated your account info, I had about only 200 artists when I first clicked on the alert of it. x'D

I'm trying to avoid the beta version at all costs until it actually launches as the main website, because it does look ugly and what I've heard from you guys there isn't going to be much improvement on the pretty-meter. The image rendering will look awful on circular photos, the alignment of track title — artist looks off-scale (instead of artist — track title where everything will align neatly into one straight row), and I doubt the entire website will look good on smaller monitors because of its apparant width-dependency.

For 4.1 years, from Saturday 9 July 2011 to Sunday 16 August 2015: 207,380 tracks played in total. Currently showing: 229.417 tracks. Meaning I lost over 20.000 scrobbles. People have been reporting this issue since yesterday (http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/2277540/3) and it appears that nearly everyone is affected by this issue. It says that on the BETA version, everything seems to be in order, however. I cannot acces the BETA currently, so I am not sure if my profile looks alright on there.

I lost all the scrobbles for ザアザア yesterday, and this band isn't scrobbling currently, either. I don't exactly know how many artists I am missing, but I reckon it's a bunch (grand total is currently showing over a thousand, so I lost track on how many artists my library holds). Lost over 5000 scrobbles on KAMIJO, and a lot more on other artists as well.

edit: I can confirm that only profiles on the current version of Last.fm are affected. I just switched to BETA and everything is still there. I don't know exactly what causes this as we've been given no answer as of yet, but I hope they manage to fix it.

i've been experiencing scrobbling problems for the past few days as well. playcount sync doesn't seem to be working right--the songs i play in my foobar register locally but the number of plays under "last.fm playcount" isn't being updated. loved tracks are in a mess too because of how the sync plugin works. tracks previously loved on foobar are being 'unloved' as they are played because the player is unable to access the song's last.fm playcount.

hopefully they resolve this issue soon :/

Staff comment: 

"Thanks for reporting. It looks like a node failed at the weekend - our engineers are currently investigating the problem. I'll post another update once I have more information.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Update: Our engineers have diagnosed the problem - Your actual scrobbles should be fine, but they're not being displayed correctly on the site due to a service that's been failing silently. It's being fixed now, and should see things return to normal later today."

^hope this gets fixed. On the beta version the playcounts are correct though, at least for me.

This doesn't seem to be the only error that happens since that test run. Since Friday I can't upload any images to bandpages or changing my avatar. Am I the only one?

Also the website is terribly unstable. I get so many bad gateways and when the site actually loads it takes forever. Really bad move. That's not really how you update a website design, when the result is the old current site being fucked and no one can use it properly.

Between this and the itunes update killing my scrobble ability I may just take a hiatus from last.fm for a couple of months and hope its all fixed when I get back. OTL

I wish they fixed the way they detected artists/songs - it's blatantly really only geared for popular western music as they only go off the artist name tag - leaving communities like ourselves to resort to "hacks" such as tagging artist names in UTF-8 to give them their own "proper" profile. There's a lot of other things they could be going off of to distinguish artists that may share the same name - song titles, song lengths, album titles, etc. You query all this data together and you have yourself a unique hash in which you can determine the correct artist that should be scrobbled.

To make the website look somewhat decent right now, I have to zoom out to 75% on Chrome. My monitor is too small for this (1366x768) and everything just looks cluttered and way too big. I really hate this.

We’re going live with our new site today. Due to this, some functionality may be temporarily unavailable. Below, we’ve listed the areas that may experience some disruption.
  • Deleting, loving and tagging scrobbles
  • Account creation, profile editing (including avatar uploads) and password changing
  • Shouts and private messaging
  • Following and unfollowing of users
  • Event attendance
  • Subscription changes
  • Wiki editing
  • Event creation and editing

So basically they broke their entire website on launch.

I don't have a history of complaining about site updates and things like that, like I have a friend who always picks apart every youtube update and I'm just basically 'yeah it's bad but whatever'. My approach towards things working is generally very lax and I don't really get upset about anything, and when I do I just do it for the hell of it as amusement...

... But god damn this new site look is so reprehensible to me that I don't think I can go on. I haven't checked it out before aside from a screen or two so this was relatively from out of the blue, and I don't know how customisable this ends up being after they fix all that shit, but it better be. Seriously what is that low res artist picture banner now gawd if I can't get rid of it then I'm gone for sure. 

I think the "future" for launching media now is releasing an unfinished product? You can see this with video games already, and now Last.fm has launched their website while everything is still broken and non-functional. Everything's about how quickly something gets released, a finished product is hardly relevant anymore. 

The fuck is this

I added a bunch of artists to my library that did not have any scrobbles yet that served as "I gotta check this stuff out sometime" so that I can come back to the last 3 pages of my library and check out what I... still have to check out. Very handy I used it all the time!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: NOW THE BASTARDS REMOVEDSED EVEYRETHIGN WIT ZERO PLYAYS GODMADANIT :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: !!!!11