Sign in to follow this  
Menzo

Dir en grey EU Tour 2015

In case this kind of encore happened in one of the countries they have been to like shittons of times (Germany, NL) then it'd be a whole new ballgame :)

They have only been in The Netherlands 3 times as far as I know.

I just assumed it was common knowledge that the overseas encore sets were basically the "overseas best of singles" set.

Last time here they played ain't afraid to die and Reiketsu Nariseba though.

That setlist just went to the shitter once the encore came about.

Why?

Is it really that hard to switch out The Final and Hageshisa. It'll still be great to see but a lot of us are very familiar with that ending. 

The people attending London can still hold up hope that they'll continue to keep saving the best shit for the back to back shows like they've always done. Rest assured they'll have this shit set for every other show though. 

As I've never seen them live, I'm just happy to see them live :)

I first saw them when I was a kid and I lost my mind and cried through half of the fucking set 'cus 's my fav band at the taim. This was in London back in 2010 and I would have loved to attend this one too if it weren't for the fact that London is a ridiculously expensive city unless you're willing to share a room with Australian expats and guest workers or stay at an airport hotel in the back arse of town. 

Hmmm, I do understand your concerns guys but in terms of Minsk I find that encore to be rather okay, as sort of a first-timer experience and whatnot.

Once they get to the countries where they have been before like "many times" (Germany, UK...not NL :D thx Des), they should do this:

>rarely played VULGAR songs during the encore (Asunaki, New Age Culture (which is definitely one of the most underrated Dir songs, you read it here first!))

:lolita_cheerful:

>rarely played VULGAR songs during the encore (Asunaki, New Age Culture (which is definitely one of the most underrated Dir songs, you read it here first!))

I think you mean Fukai.

Though I certainly wouldn't object to audience KILLER LOOP. either of those two songs could save the setlists.

MARMALADE CHAINSAW would be nice too but what are the odds of that happening...

I think you mean Fukai.

Though I certainly wouldn't object to audience KILLER LOOP. either of those two songs could save the setlists.

MARMALADE CHAINSAW would be nice too but what are the odds of that happening...

Fukai is not "rarely played" for starters :P (8x times during 2008, 2x during 2010, 6x during 2015 - in overall 95 if we count earlier years) 

Fukai is not "rarely played" for starters :P (8x times during 2008, 2x during 2010, 6x during 2015 - in overall 95 if we count earlier years) 

Overseas Fukai stands at 0 plays, Asunaki at 1 and New Age Culture 2, none of them would qualify as "commonly played" in terms of overseas performances, but both more "common" than Fukai.

In terms of total times played, New Age Culture is at 94 and Asunaki at the slightly lower 79, both a pretty negligible difference compared to Fukai's 95.

So I'm not sure what parameters you're using, but perhaps a preferable one would be "songs I'd like to hear live"? That's the one I use and it generally serves me pretty well.

If we're talking rare you might as well just beg them to play Toriko. It's not going to happen but at least that would qualify as rare using your parameters.

i like arche but an 1:1:1 dss arche and uroboros for the main set would be perfect

and 2 encores for the old shit people like to hear except the final

im so mad for missing their ghoul tour, their setlists were perfect

!!!!!!IF I WANT TO HEAR ARCHE IN ITS ENTIRETY I'LL GO THE JAPANESE SHOWS LET ME ENJOY MY LIVE BEST OF SINGLES COLLECTION GODDAMN IT!!!!!

Warsaw setlist (sorry WT!):

Intro SE (new)

01. 咀嚼 (Soshaku)
02. Chain Repulsion
03. Sustain the Untruth
04. Un deux 
05. 鱗 (Uroko)
06. 濤声 (Tousei)
07. 輪郭 (Rinkaku)
08. 空谷の跫音 (Kuukoku no kyouon)
09. 禍夜想 (Magayasou)
10. Phenomenon
11. Behind a Vacant Image
12. Cause of fickleness
13. The Inferno
14. Revelation of Mankind

EN 

15. RED SOIL
16. 朔 (Saku)
17. 激しさと… (Hageshisa to…)

...think positively, they didn't play THE FINAL this time!

source: Kurumeki @tumblr

can anyone speak on whether their japanese saizen were present at the EU gigs??!!!?

I, for a change like the final. For me it's their signature song and a lot of people probably would like to hear it live because of that. So I don't mind hearing it again on Sunday.

I also don't see why a "shorter" setlist is so bad, their songs are with overall over four minutes (two songs are between five and six minutes) longer than those of some other japanese bands that come overseas. I do not expect them to pull a Dream Theater and play for three hours.

Also, why should they not play their new album? It's their 6 months old album, I would expect them to play it. They have been overseas in 2014 (Australia) and 2013 (EU and America) - why would they play older songs? It's not like they have been holed up in Japan for 5 years like Mucc.

However, what I would like to know (the stuff above is more on the rhetorical side) is if they have that support artist for the London gig on Sunday?

I personally feel that lil bit at the end of the solo was not needed. But still....there's something about it live that was so stylized. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks a bunch. Stoked!

I take my words back on Arche being much easier to execute live than DSS

Songs like Uroko and other songs that go for the same scale are way too much for Kyo :/

Sign in to follow this