12. Behind A Vacant Image
13. Cause Of Fickleness
14. The Inferno
15. Revelation Of Mankind
    Encore
16. RED SOIL
17. THE FINAL
18. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 / Hageshisa

The setlist was identical to Pretzel's Warsaw one :)

Someone screwed up the tuning on Kaoru's guitar though so initially the higher notes were WAY off. This only lasted for a song or two though.

It was a great gig though and everyone was really supportive and happy! Apart from the tuning issues, the band played really well. However, Shinya ditched the blast beats in The Inferno. For shame!

Kyo was on form with his vocals for 99% of the gig; he hit the high notes and performed growls and screams with ease. He danced around a bit in Cause Of Fickleness which was hilarious. He also smiled at one point (fans apparently go mental over this so I made a point of remembering to tell you guys this!). He did some Blitz-style Zakuro screaming during the end of Tousei which was really cool. I was really impressed with his performance.

Toshiya interacted with the crowd a great deal which led to hysteric screaming of his name. He's quite the showman. He often raised his water bottle to everyone as if saying "Cheers!"

I didn't see much of Die unfortunately but whenever I did see him he was playing like a maniac. I really admire him as a guitarist since seeing him live. He also stuck his middle finger up to us all because he's a badass.

Kaoru and Shinya didn't really stand out. They both played well but Kaoru didn't really interact with the crowd and Shinya looked mopey as hell.

So there you have it! Great gig, and I definitely recommend seeing them if you still have the chance. I'll be there tomorrow if you fancy poking me. I'm on my own again haha :'(

I was at the gig, man!! XD In all seriousness, I was the guy with spiky hair and a hoooooj grey cardigan...not that that helps :)

I really hope that opening band goes home tonight or something though. They were terribad.

EDIT - Tonight's opening act is Outside The Coma. I can't decide if they're better or worse that Fist Of The Northstar... https://vimeo.com/128434471

Really hoping Diru play Kaishun tonight (one of my favourites on Arche), and have Reiketsu Nariseba and Rasetsukoku in the encore. A man can dream.

Despite what I thought, Hageshisa... doesn't really make a strong closing song. Saku and Red Soil were awesome though.

suuuuuuup?! Tonight's show was insane. I was about 5 feet from the front and was fighting not to get crushed the entire time. Totally worth it to be that close to the band though! Unfortunately I can't remember the exact order of tonight's songs but it was roughly like this.

Intro SE

Soshaku

Revelation of Mankind

Cause Of Fickleness

Sustain The Untruth

Un Deux

Kaishun

Rinkaku

Kuukoku no Kyouon

Fukai

Chain Repulsion

Phenomenon

Behind a Vacant Image

Uroko

The Inferno

Encore

The Final

Hageshisa to...

Rasetsukoku

I wanted both Kaishun and Rasetsukoku for this final gig and I got them! The latter was ridiculously insane. The band played really well again tonight without any technical issues bar the mic screaming a few times. Unfortunately I wasn't as observant this time round due to trying to stay alive but the following might interest you.

-Kyo dribbled spit onto himself at the end of one of the songs and let a strand of it hang for a good amount of time.

-Kyo spat a mouthful of water into the air.

-Kyo screamed a bit towards the end of Kuukoku no Kyouon which was cool.

-As I was closer to Die this time, I could see that he loves staring at people.

-Die smiled really broadly at the end before leaving the stage.

-Toshiya wasn't AS active as last night but he rocked out harder at some points.

-Kaoru didn't really do much again.

-Shinya was boring as usual.

The crowd really ate up The Final by the way, so you haters are just hating the mainstream aren't you? :P

Outside The Coma were pretty meh. Slightly better than last night's band but still a terrible opening act. One of the vocalists was Japanese...I think that's the only reason why they were invited. Like yesterday, some fans of the band came especially just to see them. They were just as obnoxious and disrespectful of others and the position they had already claimed upon entry. From what I can tell, apart from the shoving tonight, Diru fans are incredibly friendly and considerate. Thank you to whoever went for making it a (mostly) fantastic experience!

Best part of today's show: the setlist.

Worst part: all those mosher guys that look like they're straight from the soccer teams fighting division. (I don't care what people think, I prefer the Japanese way.)

EW EW

arent dir en grey too "pussy/soft" for those types why do they show up

HAHAHA my thoughts today: "Since when did Dir en Grey become a band that males listen to?" - I have no clue what the ratio in the front rows was, but in the back it was 50/50 male/female. I like it, it always feels weird for me to be in a crowd of people whose high pitched screams for the band members disrupt the general noise during song changes - because I am not like that at all.

Dir en Grey, to me, is metal and metal, to me, means people that mosh. Especially after Mucc last night with five japanese girls who took control of the pit (making it bigger and more room before giving everyone the go) I do not think there is a specific japanese way....

oh wow, that fukai performance is slaying for real, i want a dvd or smth

It was awesome. It goes surprisingly well with the Arche material.

Best part of today's show: the setlist.

Worst part: all those mosher guys that look like they're straight from the soccer teams fighting division. (I don't care what people think, I prefer the Japanese way.)

Agreed. I had two tall guys behind me who kept trying to push to the front, so I spent most of the time fighting them off. It was hell during songs like Chain Repulsion when everyone was going mad. Not only that but some girl kept singing along to the lyrics loudly and terribly. In some ways I much preferred being further back.

@emmny - Haha since when were Diru 'soft'?!

Clearly nisimaldar has never been to a gig in Japan, there most certainly is a Japanese way because everyone does the same thing over there. And while that actually is every bit as intense as it is overseas, you don't have to struggle to keep your footing nor have to wonder "what should I do now?".

Not trying to argue anything objectively now but rather just explain the difference and why some people, like me, prefer headbanging and synchronisation to moshing and being generally forced to focus more on the audience than the band at times.

^ no I have never been to a concert in Japan. But acting out a choreography with a bunch of other people does not appeal to me at all. I like "losing control" at metal/ rock concerts which means doing whatever the hell I want. If what you want to do is acting in sync with other people than that's fine with me but I'm tired of people complaining about "western-ways" at western concerts... There is enough room at the venue for everyone to do their own thing.

I like headbanging as well. You can have headbanging an moshing in one concert. I was in the back yesterday and we all pretty much headbanged the whole time (my neck hurts like bitch now) and had enough space around us. Is it really a surprise to you that there is a lot of pushing going on in the front rows with everyone trying to be the closest to the band? - I did not really see a proper moshpit anyway.... People were jumping into each other a bit, I guess, and because it was so tight in the front rows and no circle formed people got pushed around a lot.

If you want to fault anything you should fault the fangirling/boying (not trying to insult anyone, but what was up with all the 16y/o boys who were there - I though the scene is getting older with the artists, but apparently we are getting "fresh meat" as well :> ) which means that people do not move an inch and only try to push forward which creates pushing and tightness. 

It was perfect in the back and the view was good as well....

Edit: I also do not want to argue about this again, as I said I accept all the views of all the people but I'm just tired of being called out for liking moshpits at metal concerts.

And while that actually is every bit as intense as it is overseas, you don't have to struggle to keep your footing nor have to wonder "what should I do now?"... some people, like me, prefer headbanging and synchronisation to moshing and being generally forced to focus more on the audience than the band at times.

Agreed. It's very annoying when others ruin that synchronisation, as with last night. Having to focus on staying alive and keeping others alive in front of me by not crushing them is a tedious experience at best.

Nisimalder, I agree with what you're saying about losing control etc and I'm all for it. The thing is, the back and the front are two different things. I was about 12 feet from the stage on Saturday and had plenty of room to headbang and jump around. Last night, however, I was 5 feet from the stage and spent all night getting crushed by people who clearly didn't give a shit about others. There were a lot of girls just getting shoved around by huge guys. That kind of shit really annoys me.

yeah but that is the front row for you - especially front row of Dir en Grey. As I said, I can understand that people want to do the front row experience, I've tried that too. But at the end of the day I wanna have a sick time and enjoy myself and that is much better, for me, at the back, even if that means that I can only see them from crotch (or in Kyo's case: chest) upwards because there will always be that pushing in the front, doesn't matter if it's guys of girls who do the pushing.

As I said, I think the problem is the fan-attitude that the scene has. Usually the huge guys know that they are huge and let me e.g. who is more on the tiny side, in front of them (or they stand further in the back to begin with because huge metal guys are usually super chill) and there is less pushing from girls as well, but with DeG everyone turns into a fucking arsehole who just wants to be in the front row, I guess...

But then again, yesterday the guy next to me offered to switch places with me because there were two tall guys in front of me: the cool people are in the back, come join us again the next time ;P

Sign in to follow this