CAT5

Anoice new album "into the shadows" release

Modern Classical/post-rock band Anoice will release their 4th album "into the shadows" February 14th, 2015.

It has been three years since the release of Anoice’s third album 'The Black Rain' not only in US, Europe and Asia, but also Russia. An album that was selected as one of the top albums of the year by many music review websites. Finally, Anoice's 4th album ‘Into the Shadows' will be released on 14 February, 2015!

Five talents, who have been highly valued by acclaimed musicians such as Sonic Youth, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Nobuo Uematsu, and Takeshi Kobayashi, gathered again, after the successes of the tour and activities with other projects such as Takahiro Kido, Yuki Murata, RiLF, films, mokyow, and cru.

This album contains some tunes such as ‘Forever Sadness’, a full length version of a composition that was made for Armani and showcased at Milan Fashion Week, ‘Memories of You' which is a recomposition of theme tune for the Austrian movie 'Penrose', and ‘Old Lighthouse' which is also a recomposed piece for the theme tune of the movie 'Ghost Dolls' of Toei in Japan. In

addition, ‘Invasion' and ‘A Burnt‐Out Nation' which are masterpieces that feature Anoice's decadent sound. Takahiro Kido took charge of the mixing, and Daisuke Kashiwa mastered the album.

Don't miss Anoice's beautiful and destructive orchestral sound that is unique within the world.

The music videos directed are by Migle Backovaite in London, Can Evgin in London, Alan Kępski in Warsaw, Tamas Kiss in Vienna, and Ivan Franco in Sao Paulo, who all are active at the forefront of the industry, and are now available to view now.

You can also get a DVD including Anoice's music videos, a DVD including Anoice's 'From The Studio' videos, and a post card designed by Naoko Okada who was not only the illustrator for this release, but also Films' ‘A Forbidden Garden' album and Yuki Murata's 'Gift' album; All of which are also part of the CD package deals only available on the Ricco Label website..

5yIoFFg.jpg

1. old lighthouse

2. memories of you

3. tempest

4. autumn waltz

5. a burnt‐out nation

6. forever sadness

7. lost in daydreaming

8. all is white

9. invasion

10. what is left

Track. 1, 4, 8, 9, 10 Composed by Yuki Murata

Track. 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 Composed by Takahiro Kido

Takahiro Kido: Piano, Guitar, Organ, Glockenspiel

Yuki Murata: Piano, Synthesizer, Glockenspiel, Cello, Vocal

Utaka Fujiwara: Viola, Violin

Takahiro Matsue: Bass, Tenor Sax

Tadashi Yoshikawa: Drums, Percussion

Guest players:

Junko Tabira: Violin

Asuna: Violin

Saiko: Flute

Recorded by Takahiro Kido, Yuki Murata, Kenichi Kai

Mixed by Takahiro Kido

Mastered by Daisuke Kashiwa

Illustration by Naoko Okada

Art Direction and Design by Takahiro Kido

Released by Ricco Label

http://fleursy.com/anoice/

https://www.facebook.com/anoice.japan

dunno who this group is but i clicked on this thread cuz of the 'modern classical' tag, so pardon my ignorance XD

the first 2 previews are amazing, and it's a plus for me that they don't sound as anti-structuralist as most "modern classical" stuff i've heard, which i've come to intuitively associate with the "reactionary" avant-garde that try to banish as many established forms as they can from their music. the 3rd preview on the other hand is slightly too minimalist for me..