blackdoll

Lycaon - Camera obscura-カメラオブスキュラ-

Blackdoll, you are seriously coming off as a rabid stan right now. What happened to letting someone have their own opinion? Get a grip lol

the gazette sister was too far, sorry i had to say something

Blackdoll, you are seriously coming off as a rabid stan right now.

what's wrong with being one, again? still a step-up from being an obnoxious music nerd who can't keep up with stupnik comment section wars and resorts to niche fangirl filled internet spaces

what's wrong with being one, again? still a step-up from being an obnoxious music nerd who can't keep up with stupnik comment section wars and resorts to niche fangirl filled internet spaces

Why do you have to be either a rabid stan or an obnoxious music nerd? There's a neutral zone where one can discuss music with others without coming off as rabid or pretentious. So far this topic is more or less in that neutral zone.

Actually, neither are okay, dear.

I believe we are all capable of discussing and expressing music without knocking down/belittling the opinions of others. You feel me?

This is a weird album. But not in a negative way.

First play, it was so-so. And the more I listen, the more I discover little things and now I can't get enough of this album. So addictive. Ofc I deleted all the useless SE. And Bakane is still for me the weakest track. I'm not skipping it, but I don't like it either.

it seems that there is a rare few who lone all of the album which is fine.... I'm just waiting for Zess-sama's reveiw or thoughts. I hope he compares it to when he used to like old Lycaon, cause i never got the full story on what he liked. Im geussing a 2/5 or a 3/5

Leaving my initial thoughts here after having finally gotten round to listening to the album. The SE's were pretty interesting and really just further enforced an eerie feel to the album which was really highlighted in the first few seconds of the first SE. There wasn't too little or too much of these lil interludes, and they were, in themselves, enjoyable breaks. I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the singles whenever they appeared, since they are a batch of singles I really love. With all the new material, I was actually worried I'd feel the same way to this album as I did with MEJIBRAY's lengthy one. However, this was not the case. It went so quickly, and I wanted more. I even disliked no tracks! Even at 18 tracks in length, I found myself in disbelief when I got to track 16, knowing it was almost over. I am highly impressed with Lycaon for managing to do that. It's already a number one release for me for this year due to this. Songs that stood out to me on first listen were, of course, the ballad track at 12, 'アネモネ,' track 8, '君を壊すガラスの衝動,' 'Rouge' and 'marionette.'

It's already a number one release for me for this year

THIS x100

it seems that there is a rare few who lone all of the album which is fine.... I'm just waiting for Zess-sama's reveiw or thoughts. I hope he compares it to when he used to like old Lycaon, cause i never got the full story on what he liked. Im geussing a 2/5 or a 3/5

I haven't made my mind up yet but I'm still collecting my thoughts. I certainly don't share the opinions of others in this thread but I'll leave my actual rating as a surprise for when I publish it.

I haven't made my mind up yet but I'm still collecting my thoughts. I certainly don't share the opinions of others in this thread but I'll leave my actual rating as a surprise for when I publish it.

oooo zess you sure now how  to keep it interesting.

Useless to explain because all lovers are closed minded when it is about their best band forver, even if the arguementation is relentless...

Useless to explain because all lovers are closed minded when it is about their best band forver, even if the arguementation is relentless...

what are you talking about there are at least 3 people who gave reviews that said its bad, only furik got backlash for saying some off shit about Lycaon.

Okay guys let's please stop this before it escalates any further, we get that you don't like the album, now please move on. and @blackdoll I would really appreciate it if you would ignore any other instances like this from this point on.

Currently deveping a Camera Obscura playlist to include Anima, Akai Ringo and Dorei to Kubiwa. Possibly Dogra Magra as well. As long as the track list already is, where would you place former B-sides given the choice? Or would you altogether replace existing tracks with them?

Okay guys let's please stop this before it escalates any further, we get that you don't like the album, now please move on. and @blackdoll I would really appreciate it if you would ignore any other instances like this from this point on.

ok. I like how you said it with power (the last part), kinda hot.

Elazmus mehh put it on shuffle Edited by blackdoll

It is with a heavy heart that I profess to not being into this album at all. My thoughts on the recent developments of the band have been documented on Lycaon thread ( which is an essential read before proceeding ) some time ago and needless to say I was hyping my balls off waiting for this thing and after I finally got listen to the thing from beginning to end, I felt nothing. Ever since its release I've gone through it a few times trying to dissect my feelings towards it... or lack thereof rather.

The important facet of my relationship towards Camera Obscura is that thematically they've lost me here. The album appears to be working on the themes of Shadow and this has been done at the expense of the debauchery of Masochist Red Circus. It's worth noting that variety present in MRC is also gone in favor of almost Royal Order esque chugging with a special guest feature from that god-damn dad aroma riff, and when you have songs that essentially repeat their parts ad nauseam it's not really worth sitting through this thing just for the ride either. I loved the smell of spilled liquor and cum from Eros onward and when they started having those fabled -old school- tinges I was sold. Well those are gone now for the most part, along with the almost occult atmospheres they played around with on some the b-sides. 

There are songs here that I should like -in theory-. They've got their usual vocal hooks delivered by Yuuki's voice which I am very much a fan of, but nothing ever ends up hitting the mark with me like their singles did. I really cannot shake the feeling that they've just added hooks into exceptionally drab skeletons of songs and as a result lack the more richer and most importantly varied sound scapes of the singles. I honestly thought that until now they had not released a song that sounded even vaguely similar to another since Rose.

I'm just extremely underwhelmed. Songs 3,4, 15 ,16 harken one back to their old stuff in a very unsavory manner, the ballad in the middle is the single biggest who gives a fuck ballad I've heard in my life and while Gypsy along with some others are cool, they unfortunately remain cool for the first two minutes after which you've heard everything and can safely push skip without missing out on anything in particular.

Where I see myself in the future is in sticking to the singles but I suppose I'm not completely discounting the possibility of this album growing on me, but right now I remain doubtful. 

I loved the smell of spilled liquor and cum from Eros onward

Agreed. I tried and failed to like this album and just found it really drab. At least the Eros period had catchy and unique tracks. Contrary to what most people think, I actually really liked their 'sexy' stuff.

I finally got listen to the thing from beginning to end, I felt nothing.

hey, shit happens. It happens to me all the time.

Haven't really listened to it enough to say anything but there are for sure some diamonds like marionette, this is what lycaon's heaven must sound like, it is genious.

idk, i just felt like writing the following....... no hate ples

i think the whole album was generic VK thing. i didn´t even listen to the whole thing because it made me feel dull

i used to fangirl over Lycaon and hearing this album was harsh. i feel sad they ditched their seductive flirty sound. it was their trademark and i adored it. it made me feel so much. opposite to this

after hearing this i really think they were squeezed outta juice. hence i believe disbanding was a proper idea

rather than singing the ballad like arabic pop, something he is probably never heard of, he should of sung it like dark knight, tsuioku, dahlia, shadow or even liar, those were all free singing. ughh I'm such a dumbass.

still holding on to love song as their and Yuuki's best ballad!

After skimming through 3 pages of mostly "childrens squabble", I figured I'd add some input on the album since this was shown to me a while back by another member on here.

I've listened to Lycaon for quite some time (singles here and there), and to this day, I still can't feel out the style of music this band is trying to go for. There seems to be a high interest in incorporating electronic music and with SE's that keep the tracks somewhat relative from them. Their vocalist just doesn't do it for me in terms of performance, but I'm just picky.

As for the review itself, I mostly agree with jduv86 points, and would say that the only tracks that I somewhat enjoyed listening to were:

2. 追憶 (Tsuioku)

3. Dark NIght

5. Shadow **probably the best track IMO, since their signature sound is most notable here**

11. 馬鹿ね。(baka ne)

14. アネモネ (Anemone)

Then there was 15. ILLUSION, that reminded me why I listened to them in the first place. The track itself could use some work, but the dubstep they mix in is pretty much what defined the band in its earlier time.

16.  メランコリック (Merankorikku) I'll admit was a great attempt into something harder by the band. Again, his vocals just don't add any oomph to the track, so it falls a bit short of anything memorable.

Overall I'd say the album is worth a listen if you haven't yet sampled it, but unless you are a Lycaon fan or have listened to their previous work, their overall sound here won't make too much of an impact.

No rating