Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

Tokami - Luminescence

Another Starwave Records Release.

I follow Tokami since they joined Starwave Records, but I felt in love with them at 2012/07/13 after seeing them live.

This is their first release with guitarist and composer Kazuha and because of him they have improved their music even more.

CD tracklist

01. Addicted Lover
02. Sayonara no Hate ni Ame ha furite
03. Luminescence

For me it aren't songs to headbang on but more to dance very wild. However the first song also let me think a bit of dieS album "VICTIM".

All 3 songs are wild and fast. Heavy rock feeling but totally no headbang feeling for myself (which will be different for many I guess :P)

All 3 songs have a similar way of melody they really fit each other to play this single over and over again. \Agato's voice has truly improved if you compare it with their last mini-album.

It also let me think a bit of "CELL"  mix of dieS and CELL.

I don't really know what to write more about this single. I really like this single. I will buy this single on a CD soon enough. because its worth the money.

:4.5:
If it was maybe a bit more Heavy I would have given it 5 stars :P

Well check it out HERE

Thank you for the review and link to hearing it. I hadn't given these guys a listen in ages, but I keep them in mind because of those brilliantly awful vocals from Agato. x'D I'm interested now having read you said it's an improvement and wow, you weren't lying. It's a lot more bareable then past songs and flows surprisingly well in all 3 tracks. I must have been listening to their worst tracks! They're all pretty awesome in this release! 

I listen since I wrote that review all time to this single. Its so good. I never thought Kazuha would give this kind of flow to this band. (since I didn't like him in Sound Bee and Blood at all) But he totally gave Tokami a good vibe again.

Hopefully more people will check Tokami out! They truly turned into something really good!~

Starwave or not... sometimes its not that bad if a band is under our dear Kiwamu (^_-)/

Now I'm even thinking to buy the LIVE DVD too. I'm not sure yet. But I still have time to think about it ^^

Another Starwave Records Release.

This is their first release with guitarist and composer Kazuha and because of him they have improved their music even more.

All 3 songs have a similar way of melody they really fit each other to play this single over and over again. \Agato's voice has truly improved if you compare it with their last mini-album.

So Kazuha is main composer? Then no wonder Tokami sounds so different.

Agato voice was good before, he has just finally stopped using Asagi-ish singing so much. Looks like recording bacame better.

I listen since I wrote that review all time to this single. Its so good. I never thought Kazuha would give this kind of flow to this band. (since I didn't like him in Sound Bee and Blood at all) But he totally gave Tokami a good vibe again.

Kazuha's departure from Sound Bee HD was good for Bees as well as their last release is great and also sounds different.

Yes Kazuha is the main composer now for Tokami. and that was a damn good choise. it really fits for Tokami.

His composing for sound bee didn't fit.. since he left sound bee, sound bee also sounds better again.  :P

=_=

and gosh why do I know so much about SW bands. xD

Yes Kazuha is the main composer now for Tokami. and that was a damn good choise. it really fits for Tokami.

His composing for sound bee didn't fit.. since he left sound bee, sound bee also sounds better again.  :P

=_=

and gosh why do I know so much about SW bands. xD

Are you miniKiwamu? Lol, joking.

Since you know so much about SW I wanted to ask who was the composer before? Ichika? Or K?

Mini Kiwamu? well maybe I'm!

I do not own any Tokami CD. So I cannot check it.... But I guess "1000" is also composer of the band, since he checks all demos who kazuha write, but I can be wrong.

But it also can be just Tokami together. as band. so that they don't really have one composer for the band.

Since I do not own any CD, I don't know it. I also don't really check their blogs at all. I only see 1000 writing lots of composing and shizzel... so I guess he did do a lot in the past too?

Anybody who know this?

Sign in to follow this