Sign in to follow this  
EzraEroguro

Perestroika - HEARTZ

I personally think it's a great first release, and one thing that stands out imo is that they have a sound which stands out from Nega. Now of course, Jin's voice, for me, is the only thing that is the similar aspect between the 2, but I do believe his voice has gotten better. Everything else sounds distinctely different, maybe it's just me? I still love Nega, but I am definitely looking forward to more releases from these guys!

Meh, it's not bad but...I don't know. The first track starts out nicely but overall I'm bored by that song. I kinda like MINDLESS. Shini no honoo reminds me the most of Nega, but with annoying electronics thrown in...the song is kinda bland.

I don't really like it as much as I wanted to, lol. Kinda average release, for me at least.

Jon nailed it. It's Nega with more synths.

I like the release, but I'm amused how they have the balls to claim they're a band that will change the VK scene. Not yet, guys.

7/10

i love this single!! and i agree with Takatori Reiji, the songs are really different from nega's, it's more interesting to me, even the vocal part sounds better.

HEART is a great song and with nice arrangement.

MINDLESS has some new things which nega never did.

瞋????炎 will be better if Jin can sings better, nice and pop melody.

overall i like how SAN plays guitar.

I liked the single. It was different from nega. Ppl sure are bashing harshly on them, bet if it was different ppl they would like them.

7/10

Perestroika,

well, this debut single sounded O.K

somehow the music sounded more bearable here for me. I really like how they added some electronics and a little piano into their music. Though still, Jin have no hope at singing or screaming or whatever he did there for me.

I need to note how "Mindless" was first makes me thinking of "OMG does this beyotch from The GazettE finally giving up on Ruki for Jin lol?" cos you know the opening for the song, it had the identical female voice with the one on some of The GazettE's

but overall it's a bearable single.

The electro wasn't too loud, so that, i believe will be well accepted by listeners.

Though they may (or may not) having thicker synth on future releases.

I think this is the start, everybody in this VK scenes becoming more and more electronic. Maybe next time any of these bands can have some Maki Goto or something as featuring artist?

Nice debut. But not best. (like they can do something best lol? I dare them)

I don't know, if this suppose to be side project,

or "alter ego" of the band then i wish this one stays. Unless Nega can put their shit straight, cos honestly, their few last releases sounded blah.

imo, yet again horrible release from them

heartz is ok but what about the rests? totally jin needs to stop screaming.its f-annoying on 2nd-3rd track!

4/10 :<

Heartz - Way better than that preview made it seem. I was truly shocked to be honest. Love the synths. Really cool sounding. Once again beautiful piano parts. I've always thought they did those well. Jin's screams are notably better though still far from the best. I found the chorus catchy, but kind of flat. It didn't bring the energy a chorus should. Hmmm...after that awesome sounding synth breakdown part, I feel like they could have just ended the song, but no they go on for another minute and it's nothing special. So basically this song would have been amazing if they cut this down to like 3 min or so and made a more interesting energetic chorus. Still like it though 3.5/5

Mindless - Adding the female element always seems to please my ears. Girugamesh circa MUSIC era? ...only good. lol. I really enjoyed this song. Very catchy and probably the most different from Nega. Jin's singing in this song is actually really good. I felt a little dirty hearing him say "I need your body. I need your mind" lol. I enjoyed the scream parts in this song and the chorus was just fun to listen to. Nothing to epic, but definitely a great song. 4/5

瞋????炎 - I like Jin's screams in this song too. I'm sorry for people who don't like them but I think they have gotten considerably better. I will say though that I'm starting to notice why when they do poppier chorus lines why they don't seem to 'take off'...Jin doesn't have a good range in his voice. It all sounds like a flat note to me. lol. Nothing special with this song. Just decent. Love the instrumental though. 3/5

Overall 3/5. Like most people have said, a decent release. Nothing to epic. Nothing bad. I think it's worth buying though. I can't same if I prefer Nega to be honest. This is just a different style of VK for them and doesn't sound any worse or better than when they were Nega. I wouldn't mind hearing more of this though b/c I love synthy music.

Sign in to follow this