Recently I found them by accident listening to a mix and the song 'feel me' popped up on the screen of my phone and I was sucked right in. I know they exist for a long time but I did not pay attention to them mostly because their name which -to be blunt- means whale shit, I might add that they make the really pricey original perfumes from that material soooo... But anyway I just listened to the albums and singles and watched every PV I just could and found Temari's voice really beautiful and their songs which I mostly think is ballads is really catchy and it reminds me of Alice in wonderland somehow... So here I am opening a topic for them because I couldn't find any.

It's not whale shit u pleb its vomit

much more aesthetically pleasing

it kinda looks like the jelly inside turkish delights

Well the vomit theory broke years ago because the ambergris forms in the intestines and has a strong fecal smell when its released from the body its probably for covering sharp objects which the whale might have eaten and it helps to release it without further damage to the intestines... It takes YEARS to have an earthy scent and also the name is in Latin and gris means GREY so its grey amber... You might wanna Google something first rather than burn yourself later....

So BTW it looks nothing like that candy or whatsoever it looks more like something had a massive unhealthy diarrhea of grey grease

Ever since the release of "This Cloudy" I have been interested in what they have been able to do.  They make decent music, but nothing that has made me adore them yet.  Still, I always look forward to their releases now.

960.jpg

amber gris is one of those lowkey bands for me where most of their releases are really pleasant and well done (and best of all, they bring tons of nostalgia), but while I respect and expect great things from them, there was never enough for me to love them. I'm not sure how much of my disappointment with Ruvie disbanding had to do with this though, probably enough to not allow me to enjoy their earlier output as much as I expected to. I do think, however, they've been getting gradually better and I'm finally starting to reeeally like them. Their new mini-album, for instance, is gorgeous and has been on repeat here for days. I hold them in a certain 'triforce' of non-core indie VK nowadays along with Moran and Blu-BiLLioN. They're a nice presence to have in the scene and I think there's still lots of good things to come out from these guys.

Ever since the release of "This Cloudy" I have been interested in what they have been able to do.  They make decent music, but nothing that has made me adore them yet.  Still, I always look forward to their releases now.

I think they improvig slowly, so we'll see what to come.

960.jpg

amber gris is one of those lowkey bands for me where most of their releases are really pleasant and well done (and best of all, they bring tons of nostalgia), but while I respect and expect great things from them, there was never enough for me to love them. I'm not sure how much of my disappointment with Ruvie disbanding had to do with this though, probably enough to not allow me to enjoy their earlier output as much as I expected to. I do think, however, they've been getting gradually better and I'm finally starting to reeeally like them. Their new mini-album, for instance, is gorgeous and has been on repeat here for days. I hold them in a certain 'triforce' of non-core indie VK nowadays along with Moran and Blu-BiLLioN. They're a nice presence to have in the scene and I think there's still lots of good things to come out from these guys.

Hopefully they won't get lost, in the mass mainstream of the core scene, so they can continue :3

My favorite band from their start. I'm in love with Temaris voice since 10 years now and as an old Sugar fan it was really nice to see Koto as a bassist of this band.
Sadly they will disband in May... for me they were perfect!

My favorite band from their start. I'm in love with Temaris voice since 10 years now and as an old Sugar fan it was really nice to see Koto as a bassist of this band.

Sadly they will disband in May... for me they were perfect!

Same here. Im with Temari over 14 years now and must admit he is one of most underestimated vocalist (or unlucky to stay on the top).

I've met him personaly twice in my life and need to say he is very kind person (he signed my copy of Ruvie last live DVD on the front of AG guys -

Kaname's face = priceless.

I'm going for Amber Gris last live at Blitz to say goodbye (again) to my friend who accompanied me for most of my life. Take care Temari.

I thought all of their singles were really good but I did not like their album though. Their latest mini was really really good though so I am sad their gone. :( Hopefully Temari comes back in something else soon.  

i want to kiss the person who tagged "wishstar and sunlight and darkness." with "ugly crying" on last.fm

i literally WEEP when the lead guitar line comes in

like ugly crying and everything

miss them so so so so so so so much

no wonder i was seeing rami in all the instore pics LOL i thought i was tripping

Edited by emmny

On 4/13/2016 at 1:07 AM, emmny said:

i want to kiss the person who tagged "wishstar and sunlight and darkness." with "ugly crying" on last.fm

i literally WEEP when the lead guitar line comes in

like ugly crying and everything

miss them so so so so so so so much

That was me on my old account. HAHA.