Sign in to follow this  
DeithX252

Sakura Fujiwara - Full Bloom Review

51QDbYiPGbL._SY300_.jpg

I'm totally obsessed with this album. Sakura Fujiwara deliver the feel of indie pop, acoustic and some country influence. She can create and compose great music in such a young age, a true singer-songwriter. Also, rare to hear heavy female voice for Japanese girl. "Full Bloom" give you a pleasure, yet refreshing sound in the morning!

Overall, the album has solid experience. I can enjoy through out all tracks, in one listen. However, although I am not a native in english, I can hear some "engrish" from her (that's what I feel lol). The guitar play is not simple, it's a little bit tricky and technical, she can play it while singing, which is great. The highlight songs are passing time, Ellie, 嘘つき, ラタムニカ, Goodbye.

Last year I obsessed with Ichiko Aoba, but this year, Sakura Fujiwara win over me. This album is one of my favorite album in 2014. I am looking forward to her future work. I highly recommend this album to you who like indie pop! :)

Overall score: :4.5:

Check out her awesome live

Thanks to CAT5, I gave this album a listen because of the lovely song sample and that adorable album cover. I enjoyed it a lot and will return to it again. There's just so many great indie pop musicians to discover and listen to but she's definitely one not to miss out on. Also, as you said, Aoba is amazing too. Recommending them both. Great and nice of you to review her album. Simply lovely. *thumbs up*

Sign in to follow this