Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

I don't know about you guys but episode 8 of ERASED broke me. The scene where Kayo wakes up to see the normal household breakfast served by Satoru's mom was just heartbreaking as the scene cuts to her vision blinking to flashbacks of her abusive childhood. What an incredible, powerful emotional moment. This show will definitely end up somewhere on my top 5 list for this year, possibly cracking my overall top 10 depending on how and where things go. :)

Oops, I was under the impression most people already seen it.

it's cool, next time just remember not everybody uses horriblesubs or one of the other speedsubs out there so waiting a few days till quality fansubs come out isn't very uncommon.

The winter season is nearing its end and spring is just around the corner, and most anime have already been announced. For me it's going to be quite a busy season because a lot of potentially good shows have turned up in the roster. Here is my list; 

On another note, I just finished Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Legend of the Galactic Heroes / Heldensagen Vom Kosmosinsel). What an incredible intergalactic trip. This has to be one of the most well-made animated series I have ever seen — nothing else has received so much of my attention as this and I felt myself getting more and more immersed by the second, throughout all of its 110 episodes. It might even rise above some of my preferred actual television series. The greatly extensive amount of fleshed out characters all had their own personal charm, and I have found many favourites who have found their place at my side. Every personage has been given such a detailed back-story and even the ones who weren't given the greatest attention as they only had small roles in the story have been given such human, realistic personalities.

The dialogue is so natural and nothing comes across as being forced or played as one would usually find in unnaturally constructed anime, it completely lacks the superficial fan-service and awkwardness of modern shows and solely focuses on sucking the watcher into political and military wars, battle tactics and schemes so precisely plotted that you'd think you were listening to an actual narration of a historical battle.

The pacing, the intensity, the tension, simply everything packed up together makes a fine masterpiece. And don't even get me started on the artwork. The precision and realistic vision of creators in the 80's and early 90's will always have my preference over 'perfected' images by which anime and manga are created nowadays. It might very well be true when people say that this might be the best anime that has ever been made to date. I don't think I will be able to let this go on such a short note.

And I am glad I still have the Gaiden Saga to go through, running up to 52 episodes in total. I'd probably be devastated if it were over otherwise.

oh shit i almost forgot i should rewatch that Ginga Eiyuu Densentsu when i have some more time to spare. so freaking awesome shite i can't even

The winter season is nearing its end and spring is just around the corner, and most anime have already been announced. For me it's going to be quite a busy season because a lot of potentially good shows have turned up in the roster. Here is my list; 

So hype for Diamond is Unbreakable :D

I finally caught up on Gintama, recently decided to watch and catch up on it mannnn...its so good. The humor and jokes are amazing too

I'm actually watching something called Girls Bravo.  It's silly and a little childish at times, but it's still fun.  I came across it a few years ago on NetFlix, but now I can only find it on Youtube.

Just like with video games, I'm bumping up the amount of time I'm watching anime. I have plans to revisit a bunch of stuff I grew up with like Nausicaa, Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin, X 1999, Appleseed, and Akira (I haven't seen that since I was a kid).  Something I've realized in the last year is that anime/video games (especially RPGs) have actually been a big influence on my music.

Non-anime, I've been watching tons of Power Rangers, haha.  I like (most) of the actors from the original few seasons, so it's fun to finally see all the episodes with them.  When JDF and Johnny Yong Bosch leave though, I really lose interest.  Seeing Austin St. John come back as the Gold Ranger was pretty awesome.

The latest ep for ERASED certainly made changes diverging and skipping plenty of material from the manga. For the better or worse, I'm not sure. I don't know how they're going to wrap all this up in 1 more ep.

just watched and caught up with yami shibai season 3 and it has pretty much become crap now. i don't know what they're doing with the creature-themed things, but it's more often times funny than scary. they should just end the series. it will never be as good as season 1. even season 2 is better than 3.

All you type-moon fans are probably jacking off multiple times right now cuz the news just hit big. :P

http://myanimelist.net/news/45338366

http://myanimelist.net/news/45338543

omg omg omg

keystrokes keystrokes keystrokes

Heaven's Feel is gonna be so damn amazing and it's 3 parts... fucking yes

Oh man, I'm SO ADDICTED to Haikyuu that I have did my own regular team, and even the ones in the bench :D

I'm almost in the half of season 2

Haikyuu!! is awesome <3 they already announced a third season coming this fall :)

Haikyuu!! is awesome <3 they already announced a third season coming this fall :)

Super! I can't wait to see it all.

Looks like Karasuno x Shiratorizawa will have the same appeal that Seirin x Rakuzan (Kuroko's Basket) got :D

I'm so sad Ace of Diamond ended yesterday. It was a good 2 and a half years and now my Mondays will not be the same if I'm not rooting for my boys Seido. The wait will be long because DnoA2 just started syndication in Japan so no episodes will be coming for a while.

Everything I was watching this season is pretty much over so I'll make my comments.

Ajin: great story as expected, don't like the animation. 

Erased: I'm kind of iffy about the changed ending but the end was oddly romantic in a twisted way and that sort of thing appeals to me so eh. I loved it overall.

Sekkou Boys: Best anime I've ever watched hands down. Nothing can top this. Nothing. 

Osomatsu-san: Super funny. Ichimatsu is my spirit animal. The angsty-then-not-angsty end made me want to punch a wall but I still enjoyed and am looking forward to the second season that will probably happen.

The Spring season is looking pretty lame, the only thing I'm looking forward to is Sakamoto desu ga? and maybe a few others.