Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - I'm disappointed in another brainless battle school anime. It was initially so promising and then it became about how much each girl could beg for Ayato's dick before he beta males out of the situation. I don't know how much longer I can stand the "extremely OP male character too insecure to talk to females" trope until I want to take the Ser Veresta and smash the television with it. If you can swing a sword and obliterate almost anything if you give it enough force, you can sleep with a woman when she asks you to. I was recommending it before but now I suggest you just don't.

yeah if you wanted to watch a a good school battle anime this season you should have went with Rakudai Kishi no Calvary, it's way better than Asterisk IMO. Consider checking it out if you have sometime, I've pleasantly enjoyed it a lot more than ever thought I would.

The Seven Deadly Sins on netflix.

The anime is preeetty good. It's a nice adventure with beauty animations and combat, characters with creative skills and background story. It has a good comedy too.

Things I don't liked:  

1- All the characters are overpower since the beginning

2- Some battles are just a bunch of explosions and exaggerated attacks.

3- The main character has this cliche beast inside him that makes him go unconscious and powerful (like Naruto nine tails, Inu Yasha yokai, Bleach "hollow" mode, etc)

Kill la Kill dub cause it seems like a good idea

Since all the shows I watched fall season are officially over now I'll give my final opinions:

Noragami Aragoto: It was great! They made some changes from the manga there at the end but I think it worked out fine. I'm hoping for another season!

One Punch Man: I was really iffy on this at first but it turned out to be one of my all-time favs <3 I'm looking forward the the rest of the OVAs!

Owari no Seraph Season 2: At the beginning it was pretty boring, and the ending felt rushed and made very little sense. I'm pretty salty about it haha. At least they went really heavy on the MikaYuu...

Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou: This was cute and funny, and a lot better than I was expecting based on the 3 chapters of the manga I had read previously.

Kowabon: I just gave up because it wasn't getting subbed anymore and nothing was happening anyway...

For winter I'm going to be watching Ajin, Durarara!!x2 Ketsu, and possibly Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. And I will keep trying to finish FMA Brotherhood lol...

The seven deadly sins cause i needed something to watch while i typed my list. not the worst thing ever, so finishing it

Rewatched the last few Kurobasu episodes with a friend a few days ago and I'm still laughing. The ending of the manga/anime went so overboard. Really ridiculous.

So Fafner Exodus ends on a rushed, disappointing note. Great action scenes none the less but the show really needs a proper & satisfying closure. :|

Owarimonogatari <3333

i simply can't put into words to describe how awesome monogatari are so i will just be waiting for the last 2 volumes to be animated. yeah.

also wowow Gintama's shogun assassination arc is the fucking shit! this is prolly the only anime which can be both extremely hilarious and very dramatic, delivering high quality stuff all the same.

anybody watch Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu yet? So far it's my standout new show out of the ones I've tried so far. Two episodes in so far and I really dig it, the characters are pretty interesting and the whole show being abut something that I don't know much about really let's me learn quite a bit. I've heard of Rakugo before but didn't know what it was called, I've actually seen it in other anime but have never watched an anime focused on it. btw for people interested this is what Rakugo is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakugo Pretty cool I think  :D

What other new shows is everyone enjoying?

Well, last season to me was really disappointing. I only finished Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, which ended on an overwhelming meh.
Rakudai, for the most part, was leaving me with the same vibes so I have it stalled (much better than Asterisk though.)
I think most of the shows left everyone on a sour note. (I'm not feeling these battle harem plots recently :/...)

In regards to this season, the adaptations of Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! and Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
are airing. Since I'm reading both, I'll probably pick them up a couple episodes in. 

Dagashi Kashi and Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm this season are a bit of a refresher. I've been reading Dagashi Kashi,
and the tsukkomi/boke roles between "Coconuts" and Hotaru are great. Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm is the second sprite VN
adaptation that's been put out there, and I liked the environment of KoiChoco so I'll probably stick with this one. Mami Kawada

and Ray are doing the OP and ED, respectively, which are both amazing. 

I might pick up what P.A works is doing and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
Joshiraku was a rakugo-based anime, but I think it also bounced a lot between that and a "cute girls doing cute things"/comedic premise.
I'll probably like something a bit more serious for a change. 

Top of the Game

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season

ERASED

Dimension W

Middling Ground

Dagashi Kashi

Gate S2

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

The "Why the F am I still watching this" or "Might drop it" category

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

Active Raid

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!

Still need to watch Schwarzesmarken.

Top of the Game

ERASED

Dimension W

Middling Ground

Dagashi Kashi

Gate S2

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

Active Raid

not enjoying durarara? that's a bummer... loving it myself

Top of the Game

ERASED

Dimension W

Middling Ground

Dagashi Kashi

Gate S2

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

Active Raid

I like your categorization lol

I enjoyed the first Durarara show but the sequels aren't doing it for me. There's so much pandering dialogue that it's taken a toll on me. The more I watch it, the more I care less and less. :|

I'm watching the Ajin movie (Ajin part 1: Shoudou) and the animation just reallyyyy isn't doing it for me.... And that kills me because I love Ajin. 

On the other hand, Boku dake ga Inai Machi is incredible so far, and I'm super excited to see how they'll end it considering where the manga is right now.

I'm also still loving Drrr!!, it never gets old for me!

Still in the mist of Hunter x Hunter and near the end of the Chimera Ant arc. I found it really silly at first, the enemy being huge ants was more funny than anything, but seeing how they all look now makes you forget about that. From what I remembered reading, viewers got really annoyed with the narration being so involved (and from just typing the arc into google things like boring and overrated come up @~@), and that's especially noticeable with these episodes with the Royal Guard 'boss' fights. I like how they've done that though. It was a sudden addition, and all the new information coming in one episode after another can be daunting, but against the nail biting scenes that either are in the mist of battle or making their way to the battle, it's probably the most gripping Hunter has ever been. The quality and consistency the mangaka has done is well worth credit. More so than he gets, I feel. It's too bad he's become uninterested(?) in his work, I can see HxH being one of the big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece), I'm quite shocked it's not as spoken about as those tbh. My only problem with it is the main characters being so young, it makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Wish there was a time skip.

For this season, I really want to get to Ajin and ERASED, as already brought up. There's so much good stuff to check out. I even checked out episode one of Bakumatsu Rock just because. I'm not serious about it at all, but that art. I really want the PS3 game of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, should really try a bit of the anime itself beforehand. 

Still in the mist of Hunter x Hunter and near the end of the Chimera Ant arc. I found it really silly at first, the enemy being huge ants was more funny than anything, but seeing how they all look now makes you forget about that. From what I remembered reading, viewers got really annoyed with the narration being so involved (and from just typing the arc into google things like boring and overrated come up @~@), and that's especially noticeable with these episodes with the Royal Guard 'boss' fights. I like how they've done that though. It was a sudden addition, and all the new information coming in one episode after another can be daunting, but against the nail biting scenes that either are in the mist of battle or making their way to the battle, it's probably the most gripping Hunter has ever been. The quality and consistency the mangaka has done is well worth credit. More so than he gets, I feel. It's too bad he's become uninterested(?) in his work, I can see HxH being one of the big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece), I'm quite shocked it's not as spoken about as those tbh. My only problem with it is the main characters being so young, it makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Wish there was a time skip.

For this season, I really want to get to Ajin and ERASED, as already brought up. There's so much good stuff to check out. I even checked out episode one of Bakumatsu Rock just because. I'm not serious about it at all, but that art. I really want the PS3 game of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, should really try a bit of the anime itself beforehand. 

Agreed about Hunter x Huinter, Togashi is such a great mangaka, I really hope he gets out of his current slump and comes back hard.