Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

today crunchyroll aired the first 2 episodes of mahou shoujo ore and i urge you all to go n watch it

i cant remember the last time my seasonal list looked this big

DZJfBA4W4AE3JtC.jpg

Edited by Chi

@ChiIt's on my list. I have no idea what to expect but I'm in lol Also I'm surprised you're giving Tomie a chance. 

I finished Junji Ito's anime yesterday. I could write an essay as to why it's a pointless adaptation. I've never watched anything so uninspired before and my hopes for horror anime have been erased but I'll let this guy do the talking 

Spoiler

Spring season is almost here! These are on my list;

Batman Ninja (Movie)

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season

Devils Line

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou

Golden Kamuy

Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season: Sono Ni

Juushinki Pandora

Tokyo Ghoul:re

Megalo Box

Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù

Leftovers from winter;

Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou

Black Clover

Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line

@Chi what page is your anime challenge at? It's fun to compare, haha. 

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=350#msg53611016

Edited by Lestat

On 26/03/2018 at 6:08 AM, platy said:

@ChiIt's on my list. I have no idea what to expect but I'm in lol Also I'm surprised you're giving Tomie a chance. 

I finished Junji Ito's anime yesterday. I could write an essay as to why it's a pointless adaptation. I've never watched anything so uninspired before and my hopes for horror anime have been erased but I'll let this guy do the talking 

Reveal hidden contents

I love Tomie... and i'm a masochist. It's only 2 OVAs so it won't hurt to check out :P 

@Lestatit's at the bottom of the first page

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1696289&show=0#msg53605384

I tend to do the easier difficulties because it leaves more room to watch other shows outside the challenge

I joined MAL's anime challenge too. You can see my list here , chose one of the easier difficulties to start with because I just want to tick some things off my 'watch list' since it just keeps piling on.

19 hours ago, platy said:

I joined MAL's anime challenge too. You can see my list here , chose one of the easier difficulties to start with because I just want to tick some things off my 'watch list' since it just keeps piling on.

Some nice titles in your challenge, have fun there! 

3Gatsu no Lion might seriously be one of my favorite series ever....  this second season just raised my enjoyment of it to a whole new level. I can't wait for it to return. I urge people to please go try it, honestly one of the best shows I've seen in a very long time.

I started watching "Just Because!" last night, an anime from Autumn 2017 for this season of Spring 2018 and i managed finish 8 episodes in a row overall since story is kinda touching me really, even though this anime is actually an original anime with a serialized novel that also came out on Autumn 2017.

Edited by K-x-H

So I'm following up on EP 14 and holy shit the drama online regarding how the episode went down is beyond belief lol.

Never seen a subreddit as salty as this one rn. Fuckers even sent hate tweets to the creators of the show with their outrage haha.

I hope they don't cancel it from these acts of ignorance.

10 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

So I'm following up on EP 14 and holy shit the drama online regarding how the episode went down is beyond belief lol.

Never seen a subreddit as salty as this one rn. Fuckers even sent hate tweets to the creators of the show with their outrage haha.

I hope they don't cancel it from these acts of ignorance.

Honestly, I saw the comments before I watched the episode and after watching it I just want to slap them all on the head. Sure, I got annoyed as well but imo it all fits their story and current life/convictions. We can only wait and see what they'll do with it.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:06 AM, Kaye said:

Honestly, I saw the comments before I watched the episode and after watching it I just want to slap them all on the head. Sure, I got annoyed as well but imo it all fits their story and current life/convictions. We can only wait and see what they'll do with it.

I didn't even realize the amount of youtube vids trying to explain the hate for ichigo lol

So excited for tomorrow!

Did people not learn from Valvrave or basically every other drama?  (Throwback to the guy on 2ch who ripped up all his Kannagi novels because of the "used goods" chapter.) There always are people who take it way too far.

I've hit a roadblock with newer series since both this season and the following consist mainly of adaptations from manga that I already follow.

The Pop Team Epic was a blast though, so major kudos to everyone who worked on it. 

Edited by colorfuljinsei

9 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Alright @platy , Darling in the FRANXX just went full fucking KILL LA KILL on us, so I think I can confidently say start watching it lol.

Sucks I'll have to go through 18 episodes or whatever to get to that point. I'll start eventually. 

This season is keeping my busy with:

steins;gate

Tokyo ghoul:re (yeah, I'm the sucker who rated both previous seasons as a 3* but I'm still giving re a chance).

Cardcaptor Clear arc

There's still a couple of others that I want to start as well like mahou shoujo ore! 

Darling in the FranXX - This show sure took its sweet time but it's finally gotten good.

Grancrest Senki - Pacing is too fast at times but still entertaining. Aside from Berserk, it may be the closest thing to Game of Thrones in anime format.

Gundam Build Divers - I'm not the target demographic for this, however the mechs alone is my reason to watch it.

Hinamatsuri - Best anime of the season. Few things from the manga were skipped but still funny AF.

Megalo Box - How could I ignore a show that combines cyberpunk setting with boxing? Also, the music is on point!

Persona 5 The Animation - I no longer have time to play 40+ hour games so therefor, the anime is good enough for me.

Steins Gate 0 - Much better start than the original and not much on the filler.

chargeman ken is probably one of the Worst anime ever made

(pretty sure it's made for kids but WOW these plots/animations are really... lacking)

I"m really enjoying Franxx and I think people are being overly critical.

Megalo box  and Golden Kamui are top tier anime. Crazy we get two series this good in one season

Really enjoying Caligula, but no one else seems to be liking it much.

How are y'all liking new Steins Gate?????

12 hours ago, Reiko said:

How are y'all liking new Steins Gate?????

I stopped on episode 3 (or four?) I need to catch up but I really like it so far, especially how they're not appealing to old fans by constantly having throwbacks to season 1. I mean, that party at the lab where they had a chicken karaage joke, followed by "but he's a guy" and a couple of other reminders was perfect. 

It's really weird having Okabe like that, but realistic. The guy's got a serious case of ptsd. 

29 minutes ago, Reiko said:

Cool. I'll def give it a shot!

Oh I thought you were watching it already. It's definitely worth a watch. 

It's been 7 years since Season 2... Fall Season is going to be great.

Spoiler

It seems like they're adapting the rest of the OT novels, which is absolutely bonkers. NT has gotten really bizarre, so I haven't really kept up w/ it that well. The "Battle Royale" arc episodes will probably the most hyped anime episodes of the season. Pleaaassee don't let me down.

Summer Season:

Spoiler

Satsuriku no Tenshi

Island

Tenrou : Sirius the Jeager

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro

Happy Sugar Life (Don't judge this series by its cover... Unless they go really PG w/ it)

Everything else this season is ecchi and isekai adaptations (aside from the good stuff). I'm familiar with a lot of their source material and it's going to be disappointment all around. Knowing a lot of greenlit series for the following seasons (that aren't even on the charts yet), this isekai wave is not going to end and it will consume all of us. The amount of isekai manga is literally in the THOUSANDS range, not counting the light novels... Brace yourselves...

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Summer season;

Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki

Baki

Banana Fish

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3

Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger

Leftovers are Boku no Hero Academia Season 3 and Black Clover. Man, this season feels so utterly weak... 

My summer season:

Grand Blue – I'm so excited for this. I need a good comedy anime. 

Attack on Titan – I will probably regret it but I'm in too deep to back out now. 

Tsukumogami Kashimasu

Edit: I forgot Happy Sugar Life was airing, it's supposedly very fucked up so I'll watch it too.