Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Finished Zeta Gundam now I've started ZZ! Life is good right now :D

Also been watching a bunch of current shows. don;t really feel like listing them right now though... some pretty good shows this season tho.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

is there anything worth checking out from winter season?

I am only watching Onihei and ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka when you consider new shows and not sequels, both are very good. The rest is... the usual (harems, school settings, ecchi). 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

is there anything worth checking out from winter season?

I would recommend Kuzu no Honkai, although it's a school setting romance it's not your usual fluff. In fact it's probably the most realistic/down to earth  romance/relationship series I've watched in a while (If you like drama, twists, darkness and hurt feelings that is).  That's about it.

Edited by Platy

Currently Watching:

Masamune's Revenge - The plot is pretty intriguing. Boy is overweight, bullied and ostracized as a young child, goes away, and comes back as a super athletic, intelligent and  attractive school student, with the aim of taking revenge on a former crush/bully, who has no idea who they originally where.  This started off quite good. It was very interesting to see the main characters backstory and all the turmoil he went through that made him better himself. Yet he still retains obvious flaws in his personality. I feel like the main plot device, although obviously exaggerated, is something most people can relate to. However the series unfortunately goes downhill midway. There were so much potential, and instead of exploring that potential, a forced and out of nowhere turn was thrown in there.  It's so jarring and out of place it's stupid. It was barely able  to recover and  just when it is on the verge of recovering, another out of field and jarring twist is thrown in there.  There are 2 episodes left and I have no idea on how this series is going to end, but so far I've got mixed feelings. On the plus side, I am enjoying the actual animation and music selection. 

catching up on older anime and just finished watching Hellsing. the opening and ost is so damn groovy and good, it's even distracting almost while watching. it also made me realize that anime osts these days are kinda lacking.....like i haven't felt amazed by any osts from recent anime in a while, aside from Yoko Kanno who seems to be the only one currently bringing out good osts, as she always has for her entire career. even a lot of the older anime had good osts. anyway, i'm quite excited to watch Hellsing: Ultimate next since it seems to have better ratings, and maybe i'd be able to understand the story better too because some parts were rather confusing for me. (i didn't read the manga btw)

Currently watching Little Witch Academia TV series.

And Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V just finished yesterday. Expecting Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS next week. 

I like to watch dude with ridiculous hair X) 

...and I've been holding up on watching the latest episodes of Gundam IBO 2nd season. I plan to binge watch the last three episodes, even though I already read all those spoilers X))

Edited by Spectralion

I saw the movie Your Name the 2nd time last night which was the dubbed version (screw you AMC for your format showtime mix up).

First time I saw was the debut showing that was held at Anime Expo 2016. After seeing it again, it still holds up as one of my favorite anime films of all times. An emotional roller coaster and a well executed concept of romance tucked under the gorgeous visuals. Whether you're an anime fan or not, it's something that's a must watch.

The dub is actually tolerable, just a some cringy lines here and there but the overall experience still retain itself from my first viewing.

Edited by Flame-X

Finally, i just finished Masamune-kun's Revenge since yesterday, OMG the show was really funny i made me laugh so much.

specially i was laughing about Koujuro Shuri, the boy who actually looks like a girl due to the appearance and in the final episode, in the part before the show ends, what i thought Aki will be kissing Masamune finally but, OMFG she just fed him Sweet Potatoes WTF, ahahahahaha but the best part of the show for me is in the Snow White Stage play of the cultural festival, where Masamune of class 2-B represents as the prince for class 2-A replacing Gasou, and finally kissed Aki OMFG that was the best part of the show for me. At the end of the show it just says "Dead or Love?".

This season, Attack on Titan S2 is filling all my Anime needs. I'd thought I was over this and expected the worst for this but it's just perfect. The action, tension, animation, the pacing... It's just too good.

I also picked up Alice to Zouroku, it's a supernatural series about people with powers that can make things materialise out of thin air. I only picked it up because of the premise of this little girl going on to live with a grandpa type figure, which is a dynamic I haven't seen a lot. So far it's okay, not mind blowing. 

I dropped Sagrada Reset, the biggest load of random psycho-babble I've come across. I could rant for hours about it and I only watched two episodes. 

Also watching tsuki ga kirei. It's a slow as fuck romance between these two kids. It's awkward and develops very slowly, it's very innocent too, carrying the naivety of love when you're a kid. Not sure what to think of it yet. The only thing that's really exciting me this season is AOT after all. 

watched Koe no Katachi and it was fucking awesome. really really liked this movie. maybe it would've been better as a 12 episodes anime series, but nonetheless it's still great. for now it's movie of the year(2016) for me, but I have yet to watch Kimi no Na Wa and it might be even better, judging by all reviews so far. 

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

We didn't need a sequel or anything. 

Edit: this actually looks disappointing af and not fooly or cooly in the slightest. 

Edited by Platy

9 hours ago, Gaz said:

was there anything good from spring season? 

I found two series I managed to not drop.  Otherwise everything was pretty mediocre. 

(Alice to Zouroku and Tsuki ga kirei)  

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

was there anything good from spring season? 

most notable out of the new shows were Re:Creators and Seikaisuru Kado. I also quite enjoyed Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?, Alice to Zoroku, and Fukumenkei Noise

as for returning shows; Boku no Hero Academia 2nd season, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭, and Natsume Yuujinchou Roku are great returns.

Eromanga Sensei was such trash.... I loved it. let the filth flow.

I'm not really used to watch animes, but was intrigued with Terror on Resonance, on netflix, and I quite liked it. The development of the characters was interesting (Lisa could have been better explored, but I understand her role as a plot device to forge a contrast with the main characters. Five role wasn't amazing either), with some interesting messages and a dialogues. Nice script overwall, and AMAZING OST!

Any recommendations of other similar anime, following this more realistic vein?

@chemicalpictureshttp://blog.honeyfeed.fm/6-anime-like-zankyou-no-terror-terror-in-resonance-recommendations/

That link may help you out a bit, but honestly there aren't many shows out there that captures the same vibe that ZnT does.

Thanks for this list, @Original Saku, I'll definitely check out No.6! Sounds cool, and the short lenght helps a lot, lol!

I'm already familiar with Death Note and Monster from that list, both are great, specially Monster! While I do think it kinda overstay its welcome with that kid that never gets caught, it is one hell of a story!

One of my top 3 stories that I would LOVE to see more similar, but don't think will ever find one is Eden: It's an Endless World. You simply can't match the world, the mythos and the confusing as shit plotline it have, a MUST for anyone who likes militar/dystopian/cyberpunk stories.

For this current season, I'm currently watching...

Top tier:

Fate/Apocrypha

Made in Abyss

Princess Principal

Worthwhile:

Knight’s & Magic

Altair: A Record of Battles

Chronos Ruler

Still watching from previous season:

Re:CREATORS

Sakura Quest

Currently watching;

Ballroom e Youkosou, Boku no Hero Academia S2, Dive!!, Hitorijime My Hero, Jikan no Shihaisha, Kakegurui, Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun, Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, Shoukoku no Altair, Vatican Kiseki Chousakan. (And beside that, Dragon Ball GT)

Everybody appears to be up in arms over how horrible this season is, however I am enjoying it immensely. The quality is incredible this summer and the leftover spring series are also high up there in my favourites. I almost feel spoiled.

This season I'm only watching 

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita

Netsuzou Trap -NTR-

There's a couple more on my list, but the above are short 8min~4min episodes and it's the only length of anime I can stomach right now. I'm not into ecchi usually , but those two are such niche series. Borderline hentai with a cross dressing mc and then some forbidden yuri love where things actually happen between the characters. I'm pretty satisfied with this season by those series alone.