Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is pure love!! The feels are huge, but they're all worth it. Even though it can be sad at times, it always left me feeling good after each episode.

That said, one thing I said over and over when watching Shigatsu weekly was how it felt like a current generation's Honey & Clover, and wow, that's one of the biggest compliments I can think of about an anime. Honey & Clover is one of my favorite anime ever, and Shigatsu naturally became one too.

So.... this season, we have another "Honey & Clover", in the sense that a award-winner manga by H&C's author is being adapted into anime! 3-gatsu no Lion (English title: March comes in like a Lion) is its name, and all the H&C's feels on it ARE KILLING ME. Also reminds me a lot of Shigatsu, so it's a win-win situation. 2 episodes are out and it's been amazing so far, definitely AOTS for me.

finished Shigatsu... (which was truly amazing from beginning till the end <3 ) and started Mob Psycho 100. so far Mob was really great. love the style! too bad there's only 12 episodes, when it seems like manga has quite a lot chapters.

aaaand still catching up with Jojo :v

sCEIZNUtvqk.jpg

dbs spoiler even tho i haven't watched it lately:

Spoiler

Cwih2U-UUAAwazV.jpg

Cwih2cQUQAAulMB.jpg

♥♥♥THE QUEEN IS BACK ♥♥♥

DBS IS WATCHABLE AGAIN

The only two shows I'm committed to watching this season are Drifters, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2, and Girlish Number. I watched the first few eps of Izetta the Last Witch which had a pretty strong debut, but then it became anime, so dropped. Fall season usually tends to be the weakest.

Also, still watching Jojo.

I just finished assassination classroom and it was amazing . 

The first season was so much fun to watch, but 2nd season was a struggle to get through because of the amount of fillers! !  So many festivals and sports to go through lol but the ending made it a 9/10 for me.  It was beautiful !  I did cry for a while and I keep thinking about it.  Koro sensei is one of my top 3 favorite characters from the start so. . . Yeah. I really praise the author for such a fantastic ending. Definitely one of the most satisfying endings I've seen in years. 

Recently finished Aoi Hana (aka Blue flowers)  and it made me tear up too, it was a nice yuri romance series and only at 11 episodes. Their approach to romance was surprisingly realistic and therefore painful, it was satisfying . 

Before that I finished 'Sakamoto Desu ga ?' I'M IN LOVE.  I love, love that kinda of exaggerated comedy and the fact that Sakamoto is perfect and could easily be a shit character but it's impossible not to fall in love with him! The ending nearly made me cry too, damn all these feels. I need to watch something stupid now. 

I watch most Movie.

Anime series becomes

a little boring ( ONLY FOR ME )

I like Zorori, Mikan Enikki

Inazuma Eleven

For current airing

Sousei no Onmyouji seems good

---------------------------------------

66%

---------------------------------------

In this season I'm watching Touken Ranbu Hanamaru, Drifters and Natsume Yuujinchou Go. I'm really like the Token Ranbu anime and I'm looking forward to the Ufotable one next year.^^

And one of my favorite animes is Hakuouki :)

so Gintama's new (and unfortunately last) season will start airing on January. really sad about it tbh. i honestly wouldn't mind if this anime/manga would air endlessly. but all good things come to an end so it can't be helped. it had a good run despite quite low ratings(both manga and anime's). i guess it's about time to start rewatching Gintama from the very beginning.

i just finished watching the second season of kaiji and man, who knew that a mere pachinko game could be so intense!!

i watched the first season way back in high school so i don't remember much of it, but the ost is still way better than the second one imo.

they should have at least brought back the stellar kaiji theme.

pachinko arc is probably the least interesting one in kaiji. my biggest disappointment there is him fighting a machine, not real people. well, yeah, it was rigged and they could control it but it's not the same when he fights those gambling fuckers who cheat their ways out by all means possible (even impossible sometimes lol) i still love it nonetheless xD kaiji is a fucking masterpiece for me and i highly recommend you to read 3rd season, Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji. some crazy shit's going on there! 

honestly, i only started watching kaiji because the ost was composed by my favorite soundtrack composer, haha.

but it was surprisingly interesting, watched like 4-8 eps per day, so i may consider picking up the manga too!

would be kinda nice if they made third season into an anime actually. except with taniuchi hideki, the soundtrack composer, still in jail it would be pretty pointless.

On 11/29/2016 at 10:17 AM, Gaz said:

so Gintama's new (and unfortunately last) season will start airing on January. really sad about it tbh. i honestly wouldn't mind if this anime/manga would air endlessly. but all good things come to an end so it can't be helped. it had a good run despite quite low ratings(both manga and anime's). i guess it's about time to start rewatching Gintama from the very beginning.

The Final Season..?

I need to catch up with Gintama, both the manga and the anime, but I heard the manga is going to end soon so eeh, i guess the next season will really be the last one.

On 29/11/2016 at 5:17 PM, Gaz said:

it had a good run despite quite low ratings(both manga and anime's)

I wouldn't say Gintama had low ratings, it was unpopular in the west but it was well know in Japan. I would say that maybe the historical and cultural references, which were a lot more than the usual mainstream anime, might have confused some people or couldn't be appreciated by everyone.

But it will always be a personal favorite of mine.

I've been infected by the "Yuri on ice" mania. It's actually pretty funny and I like the characters more than in the average sport anime maybe because it shows a nice relationship instead of random hints which every character denies. But oh my, sometimes the animation are just... what.

7 hours ago, Lawrlia said:

I wouldn't say Gintama had low ratings, it was unpopular in the west but it was well know in Japan. I would say that maybe the historical and cultural references, which were a lot more than the usual mainstream anime, might have confused some people or couldn't be appreciated by everyone.

But it will always be a personal favorite of mine.

but it actually had. i'm not saying that ratings were really low, but manga ratings were in between of average and below average from what i've seen. also in anime they were always bitching about shitty ratings. i remember when first season was airing there was a lot of debates about "oh wow we've managed to survive another year omg it's unbelievable" and at beginning of every new season Gintoki and Co. used to brag about having a new season of Gintama despite low ratings and shit.  and i'm not sure where it was more popular - here or there, but in their long-running term they never were as popular as narubleapiece. it's definitely not for everyone and you have to be fucked in the head somуehow to like Gintama

Edited by Gaz

I remember that too, but in fact the movie "The final chapter: be forever Yorozuya" debuted fourth and I remember that around 2012/3 the manga sometimes managed to get the second place the first week it was sold and didn't drop much  in the next week. The movie about the Benizakura hen did pretty good too. This is one of the reason why I had never trusted their claims about low ratings and such. They weren't  as high as Naruto's, but they were good.

But I totally agree that you need to be fucked up to like Gintama and this is what made it so amazing. Gonna rewatch it as soon as possible.

watching Yuri on ice. it was okay at first, but when real competition started it became kinda meh-ish. sport aspect in this anime is pretty boring/annoying. anyway, it's not bad for anime original and i'm gonna finish remaining 4 episodes.

I saw and finished Drifters and I thought it was above average at best. I liked it was gory fun at times but in other eps it was boring AF with too much dialogue. I had a hard time keeping myself awake in the final episode.

Honestly, the one show that took me by surprise was Girlish Number. Just by the looks, it was way outta my radar but after giving it a chance, I was hooked. It reminded me of Shirobako, except it was focused on voice actors. It may look like a moe show but man it's subtlety depressing with hints of hope.

Edited by Flame-X