Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

mayoiga e6 spoiler(?)

Spoiler

5av0lp5.png

the best part about mayoiga are the /r/anime discussion threads.

as a comedy i'd give this a 6/10 and as a mystery it is 2/10 but i guess it is my fault for expecting anything sort of creepy or sp00ky

so far all my predictions have been correct

C'MON MAYOIGA, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

Edited by seurong

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

watched Boku dake ga inai machi. welp this was a good shit. i mean REALLY good shit. the plot was pretty interesting, most of the characters weren't boring/annoying, watched the entire anime in one go. it seems like NoitaminA still delivers some nice stuff now and then. 

That's awesome! I'm glad you liked it as much as I did, I actually heard that the manga is even better and apparently has a different ending... For some reason the anime opted to not use the manga ending, which is sorta weird xD

I've read the manga for it and although there's more content (& difference) to the story in the final arc, I can safely assure you that the anime's ending is far superior. If the anime was more than 12 eps, then the final arc would've been adapted more faithfully.

Edited by Flame-X

22 minutes ago, Flame-X said:

I've read the manga for it and although there's more content (& difference) to the story in the final arc, I can safely assure you that the anime's ending is far superior. If the anime was more than 12 eps, then the final arc would've been adapted more faithfully.

That's nice to know, I do plan on reading the manga just for fun when I can get a chance.

I have to respectfully disagree, I think the manga ending for Bokumachi was far better. For one thing it went into way more detail about Yashiro's past and his motivations and all that, which personally I find interesting and important when it comes to stories with serial killers. It also took much longer for Satoru to recover, which I found more realistic - his anime recovery was just way to fast for me. And finally taking down Yashiro was more drawn out and mind-gamey and stuff, which I felt matched more with the rest of the story. The end of the anime was just too simple and also weirdly shippy, but I'm not complaining about that part lol.

Man... re zero Is so good.  It constantly has me on the edge of my seat and the cliffhangers are so good and bad at the same time.. How am I supposed to wait a week after that ending xD

Theres been a lot of really good shows recently, damn what's going on :lol:

On 4/11/2016 at 10:25 PM, Zeus said:

Thoughts on the new season so far:

Really liking Boku no Hero Academia. I can always go for a started from the bottom feels trip.

Asterisk is alright. Seems to be starting stronger than last season at least.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is dope. Interesting plot and story with incredible potential. Feels like Snowpiercer with zombies.

I have similar comments for Sousei no Onmyouji. Really liking the interesting art direction with this one.

Seisen Cerberus has potential to be interesting as well. I laughed at the synopsis and the name DAGAN ZOD but when it came to the animation it was much more mature and refined than I initially thought.

Joker Game is straight heat. A psychological spy thriller with an interesting twist.

I can grow to like Terraformars Revenge if they stick to the source material and hope the BDs are gory like season one.

Ace Attorney  and Beyblade: Burst looks like it's going to be fun. I hope Phoenix Wright stays a savage. The latter is purely nostalgia.

I'm still watching Pokemon XY&Z on the low. It's still for kids but the battle animations have stepped up a notch. Not quite as nice as the specials but much better than the dreck that was everything before X and Y. Low key Pokemon has better animation than 80% of anime currently airing that's how you know The Pokemon Company rakes in billions.

Is anyone watching Concrete Revolutio? Is it making sense or is it still a complete mess?

Overall I'm pretty pleased! Especially considering Attack on Titan was supposed to be here but isn't.

Mid-season update:

Boku no Hero Academia is still a yes from me.

Asterisk is getting better this season as this dumb tournament arc is finally coming to an end. Perhaps I'll finally see why they call this "The Asterisk War" since it's just a bunch of dumb high schoolers playing politics.

Kabaneri would be alright if the characters in the universe weren't their own worst enemies. Both human and kabaneri make some really stupid decisions.

I fell off on Sousei no Onmyouji. Too much of a standard shounen for me I'll try to pick it back up soon.

Seisen Cerberus is good, average fun for filling up time in my week.
Joker Game is still heat. I love how the story is developing.

I caught up on Bungou Stray Dogs. Looks to be pretty interesting IMO. Same can be said for Big Order TV, although I need to watch the last 3 episodes again.

I'm stomaching this season of Terraformars, but all the horror is gone and it's just straight action. Meh...

I stopped watching Beyblade entirely, but Phoenix is every bit as savage as I expected him to be in Ace Attorney.

Pokemon XY&Z is still good.

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge - started this because i wanted something simple to watch and i kinda like it. the characters start to grow on you, and tanaka reminds me a lot of my lazy self, haha.

Koyomimonogatari - i was feeling reminiscent of the initial series "Bakemonogatari" and when i realized that some episodes took place around the same time period it hit home. the same openings and soundtrack are also reused and it takes me back. the episodes are shorter this time, but still good to watch.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Currently watching...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

It's Jojo, fun disturbing action black comedy as usual. Nuff said.

Joker Game

It's got a interesting premise with professionally trained Japanese spies spread out in the world but since it's takes place around WW2's era, it kinda difficult to cheer for the main cast, especially when patriotism is strong in this one.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

I like this show. It's entertaining, but so stupidly written at times it makes me wanna throw my arms up half the times. Can the adult bystanders be smart for once rather than be a plot device for our main characters to look smart?

Macross Delta

My favorite of the bunch. I'm really digging this show. The music is pretty good, except for the OP song. Mech action is great. I miss that valkyrie action and transformations. The romance seems to be taking its sweet ass time. But other than that, very enjoyable show. Highly recommend! Oh and Freyja is so much better than Ranka Lee as a character.

I'm UNBELIEVABLY excited to see that this is actually happening, but I'm also extremely disappointed that the animation is literally a CG nightmare.

I doubt that the manga could ever be done proper justice, but I am really interested in seeing how they've adapted the story beyond the Golden Age arc!

Edited by CAT5

looks pretty good to me, but I like 3D CG in anime so.... yeah. really though CG anime has gotten a lot better in the past few years, this looks pretty good actually when you think about it in those terms

Just watched the first episode of Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui! (WataMote: No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Unpopular!)

I don't think I've ever seen such accuracy depicting social anxiety in an anime before. Will keep watching.

^ I love that series :) admittedly one of my guilty pleasures.... if you get the chance check out the manga, it's a lot better than the anime.

Probably the single greatest thing I've ever seen in my life, nothing will ever top this.

Just finished Gagusen Toshi Asterik. I must admit I enjoyed the tournament part better than those 2-3 last episodes, but still!

I can't wait for Berserk in july and Seven Deadly Sins in august!

I also enjoy watching Boku no hero academia every monday morning with coffee ( I watch anime drinking coffee before work haha).

Anyone have a list for the upcoming season? I have 2-3 websites if anyone doesn't know what to watch this summer!

Shows I'll definitely watch next season:

Arslan Senki S2

Berserk

Alderamin on the Sky

Tales of Zestiria X

Potential Interest:

91Days

Mob Psycho 100

Taboo Tattoo

That's pretty much about it for next season. ^_^

I just finished Mayoiga and i'm ready to never speak of that anime again.

Oh, next season? For me it is:

91 Days

Amanchu!

Days

Fukigen na Mononokean *will depend on first impressions*

Mob Psycho 100

Orange

That's it. I might start others if i hear good things.

1 hour ago, Greyen said:

Boku no Hero Academia better be getting another season,I've been addicted to the manga lately and this weeks episode was insanely well done.

You can say that again! This weeks episode was like hype personified :D I'm almost certain it will get a second season, not only is the manga really popular but from what I can tell the anime is as well.

2 hours ago, Original Saku said:

You can say that again! This weeks episode was like hype personified :D I'm almost certain it will get a second season, not only is the manga really popular but from what I can tell the anime is as well.

3 hours ago, Greyen said:

Boku no Hero Academia better be getting another season,I've been addicted to the manga lately and this weeks episode was insanely well done.

For some reason I thought this was either split cour, or second season already confirmed. But I might be mixing up a few series. Either way, I'm pretty sure there'll be another cour at least.

I've always sucked at keeping up with new anime seasons, but I love Berserk so much that I'm gonna have to attempt to! :starry:

From the looks of it, they seem to be jumping straight into the middle of the story, yet they're still a good ways off from the part that actually gives meaning to the title. I wonder how they're gonna cater to newcomers who know nothing about the series, never saw the original anime, or never read the manga? There's SOO much emotional gravity, character development, and background in general that I feel is important to really grasp Berserk in all of its beauty. I'm not sure how they'll handle it, but I hope they don't cram everything into half-ass flashbacks.

@Original Saku - I've always preferred hand-drawn/2D animation. Call me old-school, but it's what I fell in love with watching animation in the early 90's. Regardless, Berserk is so great that I can look past the animation. I might even grow to like it!

@beni - date on July 1st, yeah, yeah? ; )

I just watched the first episode of the new Berserk anime and I haven't seen this crappy of animation in a long time.  This is saying a lot as I have a thing for watching horribly animated shows.    The CG looks like I'm playing Dark Cloud 2 on the Playstation 2.  The episode itself was very bland with the plot, but I haven't read the manga and I haven't watched the original TV anime since way  back in the day, so I don't know how much was axed for the episode.  I'll probably watch at least another episode before I'll decide if I will drop it.

As for other series, I really don't see anything that catches my eye.  I'll probably watch a bunch of the first week episodes to see if there is anything interesting.

7 hours ago, Ikki said:

I just watched the first episode of the new Berserk anime and I haven't seen this crappy of animation in a long time.  This is saying a lot as I have a thing for watching horribly animated shows.    The CG looks like I'm playing Dark Cloud 2 on the Playstation 2.  The episode itself was very bland with the plot, but I haven't read the manga and I haven't watched the original TV anime since way  back in the day, so I don't know how much was axed for the episode.  I'll probably watch at least another episode before I'll decide if I will drop it.

I'm not a fan of the animation style or all of the CG either, but I still found it watchable. Granted, I'm super biased when it comes to berserk.

As for the plot, they're literally jumping into the middle of things, but it's probably the best place to pick the show up at, especially since we've already had one anime and 3 movies dedicated to what was, essentially, the first real arc of the manga - or at least the most essential for understanding the story. For the most part, they are following the manga - altho they skipped a small arc before this in which Guts hunted an apostle called Rosine - I can see why they skipped this since it doesn't really drive the story forward as much as the current arc. If they keep close to the manga, then the plot will certainly deliver. Personally, I would recommend keeping with it a bit more if you can bear with the animation.

The music for the show is excellent so far, though. The 9mm OP is pretty good, the Nagi Yanagi ED is great - altho I wish at least one of the endings were darker, like the ED of the original anime. Glad to hear that Susumu Hirasawa is back with insert songs, and the score by Shiro Sagisu seems promising so far! I would have wished that the entire thing was scored by Hirasawa, since he could provide a one-of-a-kind sound and atmosphere, but Sagisu is far from shabby, so I'm cool with it! Is this where the budget went? lmao

Overall, I'm more satisfied with the first EP than I thought I'd be. I'm just FINALLY glad to see more of the manga animated after all of this time, so I'm willing to bear with the...unfortunate animation. >.>

edit: and i'm SO not cool with them whitewashing casca like that! She gets paler with each adaptation it seems like. : |

Edited by CAT5

On 7/2/2016 at 2:59 AM, CAT5 said:

I'm not a fan of the animation style or all of the CG either, but I still found it watchable. Granted, I'm super biased when it comes to berserk.

As for the plot, they're literally jumping into the middle of things, but it's probably the best place to pick the show up at, especially since we've already had one anime and 3 movies dedicated to what was, essentially, the first real arc of the manga - or at least the most essential for understanding the story. For the most part, they are following the manga - altho they skipped a small arc before this in which Guts hunted an apostle called Rosine - I can see why they skipped this since it doesn't really drive the story forward as much as the current arc. If they keep close to the manga, then the plot will certainly deliver. Personally, I would recommend keeping with it a bit more if you can bear with the animation.

edit: and i'm SO not cool with them whitewashing casca like that! She gets paler with each adaptation it seems like. : |

One of my roommates is a HUGE Berserk fan, he re-read his copy of the manga to be prepared for this.  He woke me up this morning screaming at me that they made Casca white.  With how much he goes on and on about how amazing Berserk is and I really want to like this.  I can deal with bad animation, I managed to get through Knights of Sidonia with it's bad CG animation.   I'm just hoping the next episodes will be a little better, especially that it would be a waste of a good musical score if this ends up bombing.