Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

... If I show that screencap to people who have never seen of heard of the show, they immediately think it's a chick...

now that is something that is totally unheard of in anime (or asian popculture in general) :D

also, the show so far also does portray him as rather effeminate and fragile, so the design is pretty much in sync with the characters writing i think...

besides that, i've watched this first episode too and i'm not sure, might turn out mildly interesting, but so far seems pretty generic and the 3D-animation is atrocious. CGI has been done better since about 20 years ago. well if story and/or characters make up for it i won't complain.

apart from this all the other shows don't even spark my interest in the slightest, is it just me? it all seems to be the usual moe harem whatnot crap seen a million times. might be a good season to catch up on whatever backlog one might have

That's what I thought about Juuzou from Tokyo Ghoul. I had no idea he was a boy until it finally was said somewhere in the subtitles a couple of episodes later.

tumblr_niy96uDZ7x1s307p6o1_500.gif

Only harem series? Nah, not true.

Watched almost everything so far and kinda forgot some shows already, so im just going to make a short dropped/not dropped list:

Actually none of them are harem series.

not dropped:

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? (It was kinda ok, but nothing mindblowing. will watch the 2nd ep for now)

Denpa Kyoushi (one of the things i planned to watch, because i like the manga and it didnt disappoint)

Plastic Memories (not sure about this one yet, but the story has room to improve)

Owari no Seraph (nice end of the episode, just some kind of backstory though, so lets see where this is going)

Baby Steps 2 (its baby steps..)

Kekkai Sensen (had this on my plan to watch list too, not too sure about this one yet. didnt really like the art. going to watch another episode)

Shokugeki no Souma (Its shokugeki no souma, one of my favourite mangas)

dropped:

Battle Spirits: Burning Soul (actually only watched it because i thought its not a sequel, but it kinda is? anyway typical card game anime)

Arslan Senki (only watched a few minutes of it)

Gunslinger Stratos (no thanks)

And now im waiting for Yamadakun to Nananin no Majo subs. Great manga, i hope the anime is good too.

Where is my Digimon T_T no news ever for it.

Here you go: http://bakabt.me/164823-kenpuu-denki-berserk-g-p-bd-720p-10-bit-flac.html

you gonna have to make an account and seed though, it's a private tracker and they do the whole ratio thing like JPS but with anime... but they have tons of different series all in high quality and usually from DVD and BD sources. honesty one of the best places on the web to find completed series in HQ.

I think I am actually already a member of this website. It's been a long time since I visited as I never seed because it takes up a bunch of my bandwith and I am not able to do anything else on the internet as I am downloading/uploading. But meh, let's give it a try again. 

edit: This is actually the same torrent I found on KickAss.to, but it didn't load its metadata or something. Weird.

Oh, now I see why. Apparently the client I use is on BakaBT's blacklist. I've downgrade to an older version and now it works (?)

I think I am actually already a member of this website. It's been a long time since I visited as I never seed because it takes up a bunch of my bandwith and I am not able to do anything else on the internet as I am downloading/uploading. But meh, let's give it a try again. 

edit: This is actually the same torrent I found on KickAss.to, but it didn't load its metadata or something. Weird.

Oh, now I see why. Apparently the client I use is on BakaBT's blacklist. I've downgrade to an older version and now it works (?)

yeah they have weird rules when it comes to torrent clients, I had to use a specific version of Utorrent myself when I first started downloading there for it to work... I'm guessing it something technical as to why it's like that xD

thats normal for private trackers. they all mave many clients and versions of clients blacklisted. for many different reasons.

i just stay at a "very" old version of utorrent myself, this works for almost everything.

So... Shirou and those two blades alone are enough for me to anticipate what else this second part of UBW will bring.

Apart from that I haven't been very hyped for anything yet. I guess Kekkai Sensen was fun. Waiting for second episodes of most others.

Kekkai Sensen is my new favourite. By far.

The entire vibe of this anime reminds me of a Space Dandy, Gatchaman Crowds and Kill La Kill blend — perhaps throw a little Durarara!! in the mix and there you have it. The first episode is action packed and I cannot wait until Saturday.

just watched the first episode of seraph of the end. Didn't expect much, but so far it has me by surprise, some of the background are extremely beautiful and it already goes strong on some pretty heavy themes.

the massacre of their patchwork family, although sinister in it's casualness, actually relieved me because those kids were already stressing my nerves :P furthermore it somehow opens with what is basically child prostitution, not a series for the happy-crowd i guess

also i'd bet my ass that we'll see mika again, surviving because becoming a vampire and then having those two friends/brothers as enemies on the different sides. good drama stuff...

will follow this one for a bit and see how it goes

59ai4Yx.jpg

I recall an earlier discussion with me and my mates several years ago about watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time 3D at the local movie theater. Sure, I'm a fan of childrens card games, but I wasn't sure about paying full 3D movie ticket price for a OVA. So, while I was browsing through Best Buy the other day, I stumbled upon a DVD copy of the OVA for a good seven dollars. It's not bad for a small OVA and if this were to be released like... in the Suncoast era, it would have been four times the amount for the DVD. Also, it would be available on VHS as well. Either way, I needed a little bit more source material since Sting lost at Wrestlemania Play Button and my challenge was to type up a crack fiction between Juudai and Yuusei. Anyway, this turned out just as I expected unfortunately, a very long Yu-Gi-Oh! episode with more card playing than ever. That actually took up the chunk of the OVA itself. For some reason, I expected more character interactions between the three protagonist from the different eras. Something along the lines of "Oh wow, Juudai, your hair is normal compared to Yuusei and I!" While I didn't get a lot of character background from the OVA, I was left with a fun little card game.

So yeah I just finished re-watching the first season of Digimon Adventure subbed and it was awesome but then I started thinking I wonder what the differences between the dub and sub was like, so I went and found a comparison video on youtube and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m4gksdBEdE

HOLY SHIT! FUCK 4KIDS SO HARD!!! THEY DESERVED TO GET SUED AND GO BANKRUPT AFTER THAT HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DUB!

Like what the fuck is wrong with this shit.... I'm just in disbelief by how horrible it was and I'm currently rethinking all my childhood series that I watched dubbed.

HOLY SHIT! FUCK 4KIDS SO HARD!!! THEY DESERVED TO GET SUED AND GO BANKRUPT AFTER THAT HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DUB!

n59s0Ao.png

WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO AL GORE!

n59s0Ao.png

No because I'm not trashing the anime I'm trashing the shitty company that decided it was a good idea to make digimon into a Americanized kiddy show.... like I know the show is technically aimed at kids but the original Japanese version deals with a lot of mature themes and emotions that are anything but "4kids". They pretty much butchered the show to the point that none of the main points and themes are intact whatsoever in the dub. I honestly can't believe the original creators allowed them to air this here. Regardless I still like the dub because of childhood memories and such, but it's a no brainer which is the superior version.

Plus i really don't like that trash talk thread because all it does is invite people to come in and trash shows without any backing opinions other than "Hurr Derr this show is shit because I say so" and I don't belive that is very productive and isn't the kind of discussion I would like to promote here in this sub-forum. Honestly I'm trying to let that thread die and fade into oblivion so... Shhh XD

No because I'm not trashing the anime I'm trashing the shitty company that decided it was a good idea to make digimon into a Americanized kiddy show.

I was trying to aim for that. Don't get me wrong, I love Digimon.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. surprised me tbh. I really liked it. Hikigaya's a fun character.

Yeah me too. I was in love with the first season and the new season has been pretty awesome so far :) Hikigaya is definitely a fun character and the way he acts at times make you really sympathize and feel sorry for him.

Sorry for this, but I am going to jump a little off topic for a second:

Anyone mind helping me out with this thread? I am trying to build up a nice list of Jrock anime OPs/EDs for my MH panel at Anime Central next month and would appreciate all the help I can get!

http://monochrome-heaven.com/index.php?/topic/34586-req-jrock-in-anime-openings/

DONE.

Alright so my confirmed watches for this season are:

Arslan Senki - Since it's medieval fantasy, it's a guaranteed watch for me.

Kekkai Sensen - The debut ep was a confusing mess that reminded me of K. However, it's getting better.

watched Initial D Legend 1.

very disappointed on many things. mostly just personal views like voice acting, dialogue, music and characters.

well theyre retelling the story from the series so I expected to be very similar.

movies like this I try to like it for what it is, but its just a big bother how lame it is compared to the first season of the series.

Alright so my confirmed watches for this season are:

Arslan Senki - Since it's medieval fantasy, it's a guaranteed watch for me.

Kekkai Sensen - The debut ep was a confusing mess that reminded me of K. However, it's getting better.

If you think Kekkai Sensen is a confusing mess try puzzling out what's going on in Gunslinger Stratos. I've seen three episodes of both and I can tell you more about what's going on in KS than in GS.

Kekkai Sensen is anything but straightforward though.

^ You know I was just giving my impression on the debut ep for Kekkai Sensen, right? Sure it's straightforward when you're introduced to named characters doing things BUT the world setup is clumsy. There's so much info dump and things happen randomly with barely any groundwork. Eps 2-3 though obviously did a better job of making the show coherent.