Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

- Sakura Trick   [ one of the best yuri series ]

- Golden Time   [ romance is always nice ]

- Genshiken Nidaime   [ first & second season was amazing ]

- Magi S2   [ maybe better than the first season ]

- Hunter x Hunter re-make   [ too slow, so it´s getting tired & annoying, but still awesome ]

- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei   [ male character is superb ]

- Witch Craft Works   [ magic is always nice ]

- D-frag   [ quite funny ]

- Noragami   [ Yato <3 ]

- Nisekoi   [ some nice art effects ]

- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren   [fighting scenes are awesome as always ]

- Mahou Sensou   [ magic is always nice ]

- Tokyo Ravens   [ finally it´s getting interesting ]

- Kill la Kill   [ it´s getting tired for me ]

- Strike the Blood  [ Himeragi is better than Akatsuki ]

- Wizard Barristers   [ magic is always nice ]

- Log Horizon   [ too much strategy, missing good fighting scenes ]

- Nobunaga The Fool   [ watching because voice actors, Hououin Kyouma! <3  ]

- Hoozuki no Reitetsu   [ art is beautiful some times, but too much comedy ]

- Gin no Saji S2   [ first season was better ]

- Super Sonico Animation   [ hopefully there will be some plot someday ]

- Samurai Flamenco   [ i don´t know why i still watch this shit ]

- Pupa   [ why they didn´t make this full length series ]

- Tonari no Seki-kun   [ few first episodes was nice, gettind tired ]

- Wooser no Sono Higurashi   [ first season was better, still hope for full length someday ]

I'm currently watching Silver Spoon (or Gin no Saji, whatever). Can somebody give me a link, where can i follow the 2nd season please?

I'm not a huge otaku anyway, but i can agree w/ OS, it's definitelly in a must see category. 

I'm currently watching Silver Spoon (or Gin no Saji, whatever). Can somebody give me a link, where can i follow the 2nd season please?

I'm not a huge otaku anyway, but i can agree w/ OS, it's definitelly in a must see category. 

Do you mean a link to watch it online? (video streaming?) or a place to download through torrent? Just let me know and I'll get you the hook up on the good fansubs :D

Well I have to say that Buddy Complex has gotten a lot better since that terrible first episode... there are still things I'm having problems with (mostly the characters) but I'm overall enjoying the mecha action quite a bit. 

Do you mean a link to watch it online? (video streaming?) or a place to download through torrent? Just let me know and I'll get you the hook up on the good fansubs :D

I don't prefer to watch online, since i don't have too much time. But in meantime, i've got a link, so thannks ! :3 

I just need to finish the first session, 'cuz i'm at the 8th episode D:

But we started to watch Hoozuku no Reitetsu together with my girlfriend. My experience is same as yours, i can't wait to see the full series. But i hate to wait week-by-week for a new ep, i prefer to complete an anime at the same time~

I'm all caught up with "Nobunaga the Fool" and I have to say with each new episode that I watch, I'm strangely getting more and more into the overall vibe of the story.. I just can't put my finger on it but at first it really wasn't jiving with me, but as I watched it slowly but surely started to click and now i'm wholeheartedly enjoying it quite a bit :) one thing I have to say is after this last episode (episode 6) I'ts quite apparent that this show is making big plays very early....

I mean they killed off three characters in the span of two episodes, and two of said characters are actually quite relevant imo

Which makes me think where this show is gonna end up in the end game since it is a 24 episode series... i guess only time will tell.

on another note, one of my friends that streams anime was streaming the last five episodes of gundam age last night since he had never finished it.... and all I got to say is damn that ending is alot worse than i remember it, like holy Jesus it was so bad. I hope build fighters never turns out like that.. hopefully they either learned from their mistakes or fired whoever was in charge of that monstrosity.

This season is killing me. Ended up watching an episode of Diamond no Ace and decided to watch it as well. Nothing really special so far, but it's a fun show.

Buddy Complex got a lot better the more episode I've watched. I'm slightly amused with Nobunagun too. Not really feeling Nobunaga the Fool, but I guess I'm not annoyed enough to quit watching as a whole. I have yet to watch the latest two episodes and as Saku just mentioned something interesting, I'll probably watch them soon.

Can't say the same for Magical Warfare. If this would have been a 13+ episodes anime, this would be the moment where I'd dropped it. They aren't going anywhere and aren't making any sense. Wonder if they spent all of their cash on Mamoru and Suzuken for voice acting instead of someone to write a decent script.

Still loving Kurobasu, Hamatora and Noragami. Definitely my favorites this season. I read a little ahead in the manga and Noragami is getting really interesting. Characters develop well. I think I'm actually going to be sad the anime's only 13 episodes. With this much of a background story and development, they could have gone for 24 instead.

Watching Kamisama no Memochou in-between others. Seems like a fun series.

Here's my (late) breakdown of the season so far:

Nobunaga the Fool is two seconds away from being dropped but manages to keep me hooked each week. It irritates me to no end how much lack of exposition there is in this show. We know the basics behind the history but we still don't know the why's behind what happens, which lessens the significance of what I do understand. After five episodes of pure random, with people coming out of left field to murder someone, steal something, or otherwise push forward a plot I only understand 50% of, the show pokes fun at this by recapping everything as "yeah, you're not supposed to understand that" and then continues on with one of the most unexpected episodes of anime this week. I'll continue watching because I want to know what he does next, but if they don't start piecing things together it's getting dropped.

Nobunagun is campy, dorky, shounen fun with echoes of Pacific Rim every single episode. It's not the greatest anime I've ever watched, and the OP animation reeks of 4Kids Saturday morning cartoon block editing, but it's doing a good enough job to keep me interested. I guess. The rest of this anime season is pretty awful.

Kill la Kill is fantastic. The constant delays are not. 'Nuff said.

Hunter x Hunter is finally making big moves, but they choose to up the suspension each episode and take their time telling the story instead of jumping into action. And considering how much of this anime season is mindless action that makes no fucking sense, this is a good change from what's normall.

Witch Craft Works is another anime with a bunch of things going on that I as the viewer am not supposed to understand yet. It's reverse shounen with harem elements and a defined love interest, except one main character is Superman powerful and almost indestructible with limitless power, the other is useless, and both are dull as bricks. I'm probably not going to finish this one.

Both Hajime no Ippo: Rising and Basketball Z Kuroko no Baske are overstaying their welcome a bit. I have no idea how long these episodes are supposed to be, but the last few episodes of Ippo were filler before the big fights (which are really all I care about) and Kuroko finally reached the end of the most dramatic basketball match yet. And I say dramatic because while a lot happened, you would think these guys are playing to save the world and not to win a trophy with the way the show conveys things.

I always watch Log Horizon last on Saturdays because it just feels right, but they desperately need to jump into the action. Too many shows that should dive right in to the action are sticking their toes into the water, and those that could take fifteen or twenty minutes to explain what's going on are already halfway across the sea. Enough backstory has been established for things to really turn up, and the events of last episode should be the perfect catalyst for that. Considering how much everyone slipped in the game, ending the season without the big fight I'm expecting will be a big letdown.

No, I didn't know. Nor did I have the time to search for it when I asked. I just saw a thread about anime and saw an opportunity to finally ask. But can't a mod just take the last 11 posts and move it into that thread?

yeah i can, and that's what I'm gonna do.. Just wanted to raise awareness that there is a thread for recommendations :D

Edit: also I didn't mean for it to come off as bitching, if I made that impression I'm sorry xD I'm just glad people who don't regularly post in the anime threads are .

I haven't watched a lot of anime in years but recently I've felt more motivated to pick it up again...sadly I hardly have time to do so :(

- I finished Attack on Titan about 2 months ago

- Currently trying to finish Free!, but only on the fourth episode

- Kyokai no Kanata (only managed to watch one ep so far but it seems interesting enough so I'll see how it progresses)

- I'm PLANNING on starting Kill la Kill because of all the great feedback its had so I think I'll start it before finishing Free! and KNK

- Still need to watch those three new Ghost in the Shell OVAs

- Been thinking of starting Psycho Pass as well because a friend of mine won't shut up about it, haha

So ehh...I know this isn't the recommendations thread but if anyone could name some good animes from this year or last year that I haven't listed and that are worth watching, go for it.

I found Psycho Pass to be disappointing because it's no different from a standard formulaic police drama. The villain is the most interesting part of the show up until his.... well I can't spoil it for you.

Saw this anime movie called Hal and it's surprisingly good.

I found Psycho Pass to be disappointing because it's no different from a standard formulaic police drama. The villain is the most interesting part of the show up until his.... well I can't spoil it for you.

Saw this anime movie called Hal and it's surprisingly good.

I wouldn't call it bad though, because it's not bad. yes the police aspect of it is rather formulaic but it's done quite well. You're right about the villain being the best part of the show though, actually I would say psycho pass had one of the most interesting villains in recent memory. but that's not the only thing interesting about it.. I also find the overall setting to be quite interesting and the sybil system is another aspect of the setting and plot that's really thought inducing. I wouldn't really call it disappointing but more or less a lack of good directing on the directors part. It's painfully obvious if you go back and watch the first half of the season (which I believe is amazing and was directed and wrote excellently) and then compare it to the second half. the first half overall is a whole lot more sound and well put together, It just fits and everything makes sense. and then you get to the second half and shit starts popping off and they start focusing on the main villain directly but it just doesn't feel as solid as the first half. I believe this is due to the fact that in the second half it get really chaotic really fast and instead of doing smaller arcs that connect together like in the first half  they change the formula to one big arc involving the mastermind. It's almost like their was a change of directors half way through which tbh is totally possible, it wouldn't be the first time that has happened and actually some anime have different directors that handle different arcs that are planned ahead.

So I don't think it's bad and I wasn't really disappointed with it because even though the first half is way stronger than the second the awesome plot and setting is still there to make up for the poor directing/writing and let's be real here... Kagami and Makishima are badass characters xD

I never said it was bad, just simply disappointing. If I have to shed more of my cons on this show, it had a very cliche set of characters with the most predictable development, even the plot's progression was so easy to connect the dots. I can't go into details since it's been years the last time I seen it but I'll point you here where most of my thoughts are in agreement. Yes I agree the cyberpunk setting is interesting which I forgot to mention. The ending though is the biggest gripe I had because it went with the rinse and repeat scenario with nothing accomplished in wider scale. I almost thought the last half of the show was going for the Minority Report approach with the theme of fighting against the system but sadly it was never realized. Anyways, I'm don't feel like discussing this any further but if you enjoyed the show then that's cool. I rated this a 6/10. Best thing about the series is the ED songs performed by EGOIST.

I can respect that. I'd probably give it 7-7.5/10 myself, but a 6 is fair. If it had ended after the first half it would have undoubtedly deserved a higher rating. btw interesting article, it reminded me that I've heard of the writer before and I now remember that he is known for sticking to the conventional ways. but what are you gonna do xD I just hope the second season is better. and i agree both the OP by ling and ED by egoist are amazing :D

Funny thing is that up till a few months ago I probably would have said this was a really good show... I originally watched it week by week while it was airing and i guess that aided in making it seem better than it really was, because I ended up re-watching it when this dude that I watch live stream anime decided to marathon the whole series at once. I caught most of it over a period of 8-10 hours and it was really obvious that it wasn't as good as I thought it was xD I started noticing things like what i mentioned in my previous post. I guess it just goes to show you that it pays off to re-watch some things after a while xD because honestly before watching it again I thought this was probably the best show of 2012 XD

Alright It's official. Hunter x Hunter is the hypest show of the year!

The last few episodes have pretty much made my year. I really have to give it up to the anime team, this adaption is so good. Like literally everything about it is superb, What's really impressive from the last few episodes is the animation and the voice work. When both are working in tandem at their best it's truly a force to be reckon with. I can't even count how many times I've had goosebumps from this arc since the "mission" started. Back on the subject of the animation I tip my hat to Tomoko Mori for this amazing animation work, the last two episodes have truly shown her at her best.

This show will undoubtedly be getting a perfect ten out of ten from me, I couldn't be happier with this remake/reboot :D

Everyone who hasn't done so yet should DEFINITELY check out both volumes of Genius Party. They're anthologies of anime short films and they're all EXTREMELY unique, very slick visually and pretty damn great overall. Really, really highly recommended for fans of 'weird' (but not especially dark) stuff.

Also, recently started watching Gurren Lagann. Five eps in so far. I dig it.

Everyone who hasn't done so yet should DEFINITELY check out both volumes of Genius Party. They're anthologies of anime short films and they're all EXTREMELY unique, very slick visually and pretty damn great overall. Really, really highly recommended for fans of 'weird' (but not especially dark) stuff.

Also, recently started watching Gurren Lagann. Five eps in so far. I dig it.

cool I'll check it out! And Gurren Lagann is great.