Sign in to follow this  
Rosebetz

NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST-The Omnigod

DAKNCBL-12.jpg

First of all i wanna start with saying im not a fan boy or anything but i really enjoyed the full album!

So maybe the Scores will be a little different.

1. Gottmord

A dark way to start the album, love the way the song goes a little bit mysterous but as it progress it gets it' tempo.

7/10

2. Punch me if you can

One of my favourite songs on the ALBUM, i'ts mainly becouse i can understand everything he sings about his ENGLISH is truely great in this one. And mainly i think he sings this song from heart , maybe something he got true life? Love the Guitars and the BREAK DOWN IS ABSOLUTELY EPIC!! NOW GET AWAY FROM ME FUCK YOU!!

10/10

3.Desperate

This one is a headbanger for sure, no really this song if play on live will get the crowd going, guitar rifs are really good in this, love the GOTHIC ATMOSPHERE IN IT.

//10

4.Tyrant

One of the songs that starts slowly, but in a while i get's everything you love on NOCTURNAL . Hiro's voice gets strong and as it progress . Guitar solos amazing in this one, maybe one of the best i let you decide,love hte part where the violins come in .

9/10

5. Dead End

Another song one of my favourites, as the album progress it get's havier and havier ,some parts remind me of MARILYN MANSON dont know why,but maybe its me.The song overall keeps you going so you cant stop headbanging for most part of it.

10/10

6. My seraphy

/A midlle SE maybe? Not much to say about it  but it fanilly let's you breath and relax something else the the few HEAVY SONGS.

8/10

7.GENESIS

Someone earlier wrote that its a long sons, Yes it is. But actually if you listen really well you get to it slowly i'ts nice song. And it keeps you entartain for whole 5:18  min, of the song breakdowns,guitars and drums are EPIC!

9/10

8.Ressurection

Slow start,before HIRO's screaming starts not the best one but far from worst, guitars in this is the main reason i played it so many times. Love the RAPPING PART in it.

8/10

9.Libra-Another Scene

Beutiful voice of his in this, i'ts truelly something you wouldnt expect from NOCTURNAL the piano give you chills one it starts playing.

10/10

10.IVI

Here i think Nocturnal experimented a little bit and it payd off, great song something different something much more. Bass and drums are really good and it gets good along with the breakdown.

10/10

11.The Beautifull Craze

Another heavy song, drums go crazy in this one so does the guitar. Vocals in this one are the main part the song is good ^^.

8/10

12.Strike in Fact

One of the songs, that introduced me to Nocturnal first heard it when the PV was released. Since thanks to this song im listening to them i love it. Fast,heavy.it has everything.

10/10

13.Linaria

Final song ends the album,and it's soft something you need to hear after all the heavy metalic sound and why not ?^^

9/10

Fell free to write you opinions !!^^

Apart from the fact that songs like Dead End and Resurrection are not my cup of tea, the rest of this album is really mind-blowing!

Yeah but i actually love the way DEAD END is heavy from the begining to the end ^^

The only conclusion you can make when you listen to "THE OMNIGOD" and then to "ABSOLUTE SENSES" is that Gaku is a fuckin genius, a smart guy. I know he isn't a HYS member (only live-support) but still, leaving NB was one of the best decisions he ever made in his fucking life. Sorry for that off-topic but I had to say it. Now, talking about this new release: THE OMNIGOD is not a bad album, but it lacks something that normally makes me say "I really enjoyed this shit". I didn't feel anything. GENESIS actually has an atmosphere that I really enjoy, and except 1 or 2 more songs, the rest is lyrically and musically bland. The album has its few good parts, but overall it is really disappointing. It's a shame since I expected more from NB. But hey, at least the album artwork is awesome.

My rating: :2.0:

The only conclusion you can make when you listen to "THE OMNIGOD" and then to "ABSOLUTE SENSES" is that Gaku is a fuckin genius, a smart guy. I know he isn't a HYS member (only live-support) but still, leaving NB was one of the best decisions he ever made in his fucking life. Sorry for that off-topic but I had to say it. Now, talking about this new release: THE OMNIGOD is not a bad album, but it lacks something that normally makes me say "I really enjoyed this shit". I didn't feel anything. GENESIS actually has an atmosphere that I really enjoy, and except 1 or 2 more songs, the rest is lyrically and musically bland. The album has its few good parts, but overall it is really disappointing. It's a shame since I expected more from NB. But hey, at least the album artwork is awesome.

My rating: :2.0:

Not gonna write up a whole review on this release, so I'll just say: my thoughts exactly (tho I'd give it more like 2.5 out of 5 prolly).

For me,this album is a bunch of really good ideas which are not well put together.

Every new song had a really great potential,but NB messed up in the execution.
But who knows,this album may grow on me with time.

Visutox and RpgRiser pretty much nailed it, the album isn't bad but isn't memorable to me at all. I still somewhat enjoy the single tracks but in the album they don't nearly have as much of an impact as they did a few months back. Overall it kinda feels rushed to me and probably would have been a lot better if they spent at least 3-4 more months working on it. Also is it just me or did anyone else think the production/mixing of this album was a bit lackluster compared to some of their previous releases?

Still love these guys but the album deserves a  :2.5: rating

I enjoyed the guitar tone experiments on Resurrection - and really like when they create songs that vary in vocal style and pacing, like their single tracks for this release.  I honestly loved genesis (the guitar solo was so cool to me), and the single version of Libra is one of my favorite tracks by them.  However, I felt that this effort felt less dynamic and blurred together in many of the tracks.  As a result, I don't have any standout tracks outside of Resurrection and the singles that I can remember.  As a result, while I stilled liked the release - it didn't knock my socks off like I had hoped.

Not gonna write up a whole review on this release, so I'll just say: my thoughts exactly (tho I'd give it more like 2.5 out of 5 prolly).

Would have appreciated one though. A review with constructive criticism is much more educative to noobs than intelligent comments like,

except 1 or 2 more songs, the rest is lyrically and musically bland

Genesis seemed a bit too long when I first listened to it, but it grew on me while listening to the album. Best song, probably.

Not digging Libra's new version that much.

I think it starts nicely, the heavier songs throughout the album are always giving that energy punch in the ears, also Hiro is a really good screamer, which helps. But I have one problem with the album: Linaria. Not my cup of tea, I couldn't hear it without wishing it ended as soon as possible. There are really few slow songs made by metal/metalcore bands that please me, and this one is not one of them.

After all, I have to congratulate NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST for this album. Even if I don't like the last song, I think it's a solid album and it doesn't have as many tracks as GRIMOIRE did, which I think is good cause GRIMOIRE is a tiresome album.

Okay, I've enjoyed ever NB release so far - except OMEGA. 

This album is good but not as good as Grimoire - which in my opinion is their best release to date (mainly for the great inclusions of their singles).

Since its release, I am still banging out to the new album but it's nothing incredibly amazing.

I feel Grimoire was well put together and they took the time to place the tracks in a perfect order.

This album, while a lot of great work in the tracks, was thrown together just because.

Punch me if you can, Genesis and Resurrection are great tracks but I feel the tracklisting could've been put together to make the album more hard hitting.

Everything else is great. [my:Se]raphy is a great introduction to Genesis (could've been an album intro, tbh. Reminds me of Glass Casket's Phenomenon). The instrumental execution is top-notch. Production is also good. Nothing really to complain about - just a rather bland release.

6/10

I agree that it's bland. I enjoyed some tracks like Punch me if you can, T.Y.R.A.N.T, and Resurrection (especially). The rest of the tracks were just bleh. I also personally find DEAD END sounding like a song of DEATHGAZE's or something that DEATHGAZE would produce. And I don't like the cheesy piano sounds NB gave out ever since Aster. Libra -another scene- would have sounded awesome if it wasn't for the piano and better if there was only guitar in it.

This album is a nice album to bump if you want some solid in your face metal goodness. That's pretty much where it only delivers. Besides GENESIS and DESPERATE, I really don't have any other song besides maybe PUNCH ME IF YOU CAN that I can point out as an outstanding track. What you've heard on one song is pretty much what you'll hear in another or something the band has done before. This is no way a bad album though. I'll still bump it. It just lacks variation and creativity.  I will say this though, this is light years better than their first Full length which was a total snooze fest.

6.5/10

Try harder next time, NB.

1. Gottmord

I've always liked Nocturnal Bloodlust's se tracks, but honestly this was kind of a disappointment for me. Nothing really interesting just a build up to... (2/5 by the way)

2. Punch me if you can!

F*CK YES!! Compared to Pandemic in the first album, I'd say this is takes it as the better opener. The problem comes with this songs lyrical content (look at the lyric video they put on their youtube)...I'll just ignore it and pretend that he's just saying made up gibberish. Lyrics aside, my neck hurts from the head banging! Perfect composition! 4.5/5 (damn lyrics ruined me!)

3.Desperate

I really didn't want to like this song. The chorus rubbed me the wrong way the first couple of times I played this. But it grew on me a lot! While remaining so brutal, this song also shows off everyone's skills really well...Natsu exceptionally...MY GOD! THOSE DRUMS! 4/5 

4.Tyrant

Girugamesh opening? While really catchy, I kind of got bored with it. Is it needed for every song to have a solo in it (I'm looking at you Ryohei of Megamasso)? But I'm glad we hear some cool bass love. 3/5 

5. Dead End

Kind of repetitive...eh...maybe shave off a minutes...hmmm... maybe they better keep the solos in. 2/5 

6. My seraphy

At least I get a break from head banging...another se I'm not too fond of, but it's a decent cool down. Very relaxing....before... (3/5)

7.GENESIS

I still believe this song is too long, BUT it has severely grown on me. This would rival top Sphere if it was just a bit shorter, but they are tied for me. This is definitely the defining song on the album. It has everything in it without feel disjointed. Beautiful work! 5/5 

8.Ressurection

Hmmm....this is very interesting to listen too. At first I glossed over it, but after listening to it a few times, this is some really cool shit! Not their most technical song, BUT definitely one of their most creative and it's done well! I don't even mind the rapping part. It tied in really well! 5/5

9.Libra-Another Scene

If their only going to do one ballad on their albums, I'd rather them do songs that are original versions like Aster. Speaking of which, Aster IMO is a better ballad. This isn't bad. Hiro sings beautifully, but because it's just an alternate version to an already stellar song, I wasn't really that impressed with it. 3.5/5

10.IVI

THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG on here! It's so catchy and fun while having some creative elements that make it stand apart! This has the cool operatic type screams like at the end of Sphere mixed with a haunting stalking type instrumental behind it and then the DJ scratches mix in really well into this song! I just think it's a great experimentation! 5/5

11.The Beautifull Craze

I love this song from the start! That crazy lead guitar on the chorus! It just makes me weak in the knees. The vocals are great and even as a B-side from a single, this is perfect for this album. I find myself singing along to this often and this is probably my favorite solo on the album! 5/5

12.Strike in Fact

This has grown on me so much! Kind of reminds me of a brutal anime song. This is a track I would probably throw in to fill time. It's decent, but nothing too special for me. I will say that it conatins my favorite break down in the album though! 4/5

13.Linaria

There's the ballad I was actually looking for! This is actually a more mainstream song for them. I didn't expect this. This could be the ending of some anime. lol. It's on par with Aster and is a beautiful closer. I feel like the album is definitely complete. The ending with the group vocals and screaming seems like the band is saying "farewell, we'll see you next time" and waving bye. Pretty good. 4/5

Overall: 4/5 

This album had a lot more experimentation then Grimoire, but at the same time, I felt this had a better flow to it. Each song seemed to fit well together and the album sounded more complete. That being said, I feel like the songs weren't as memorable and catchy as Grimoire. Maybe if they had the same amount of songs as that album, it would have been? Who knows, but this is still very enjoyable. You can tell each member has some serious skill. Other than some questionable lyrical content, this was a joy to listen to. Worth buying, but I fear that it doesn't have the replay value as their prior album.

Highlights:  Punch Me If You Can, Genesis, I V III, The Beautiful Craze, Desperate, Resurrection

Mid highlight: Strike in the Fact, Linaria 

Low lights: Libra, Tyrant, Dead End, [sE] tracks 

Sign in to follow this