LIDL

Show Yourself (again)

On 11/5/2018 at 5:50 AM, karai · ebi said:

My Halloween was pretty disappointing...had a lot of severe weather and tornado type stuff in the vicinity so only got to wear my costume an hour tops. (Well I like the severe weather...but not on Halloween come on!)

That looks sweet as fuck. Did you make it from scratch, or did you just buy stuff that was ready to be put on?

4 hours ago, Bear said:

That looks sweet as fuck. Did you make it from scratch, or did you just buy stuff that was ready to be put on?

Thanks, about 80% custom.
I wanted to make my own mask but the materials didn't fit the budget. So I started with this latex mask, it was pretty deformed and had a shit paint job.

Spoiler

81tZH2dDrIL._SY606_.jpg

So I stuffed and melted it, fixed it to a foam head, then hand painted with watercolor and copic mix, some acrylic.

Spoiler

wan_by_the_terminal_show-d856q6u.png

Aside from the mask I had a plain black sheet, and then bought white skeleton gloves. Painted those red and gold with fabric paints, tattered the robe and hand laid at least 40 feathers and lace strings with a net backing. Same for the neck feathers I cut by hand and laid all of them. Also cut wig thatches and laid the hair although you can't see it hardly in any of the pictures. I also sculpted the horns, painted them etc.

Finished project when it was fresh: (cause it's 4 years old now and kinda faded...and I ran into trees since then lol.)

Spoiler

chumo_by_the_terminal_show-d84tay9.png

It was my first time trying to put something together from a drawing on a 100$ budget so I am happy with it. Only downside is the head weighs around 15lbs and has to be balanced pretty precariously, so your neck is fucked after a couple hours.