CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #10: Would you ever want to get married?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #10  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever want to get married?

• Sure, if I find the right person! 。â?? â?¿ â??。
    • HELL NO. Fuck that bullshit institution ಠ_ಠ
    • Been there, done that. Never again ã?½à¼¼ ಠç??ಠ ༽ï¾?
    • Married once already, but would be open to it again (â?¡â?¿â?¡â?¿)
    • I dunno. It's not something I think about (ã??ã?»_ã?»ã??)
    • CRAZY CAT LADY/PERSON 4 LYFE aka 5EVER alone (.=^ã?»ã?§ã?»^=)
    • Does polygamy count? ( ͡° Í?Ê? ͡°)

It's hard to say. I really do want to but... I'd be afraid that I'd fall out of love with my current boyfriend if we married. I know that at a certain point that marriage can cause this. I guess it's just something I've always feared about it. *shrug*

From a financial standpoint, hellllll no. I could not afford it.

From a social standpoint, I don't think I know enough people that I actually tolerate, in order to use as them groomsmen or even a best man lol. Or do I care enough to invite them at all.

From a love standpoint, I don't believe in such a thing.

If I was together with someone for many years, that I knew I could trust and I knew I'd go to great lengths for as a loyal dog, then I'd consider it.

Only if they asked me in a sincere way and I knew that there was no ill thought behind the idea.

As a gay man, I do. Fought hard for this recognition, now it is finally legal to do so. Overjoyed that we can enjoy the benefits that straight married couples have now.

And marriage shouldn't always be expensive. It is more to officate things. Beyond that it is just me and him building the life together, and travelling places together, like we first envisioned when we started dating each other, that part doesn't change.

My dream wedding party would be a small brunch with close friends right after me and my partner registered ourselves and pronounced as official married couple by law.

It's one of my plan for the future actually, so yeah i would like to get married ! And have a themed party or something like that. I'm really cheesy when it come to weddings lmao.

I would. That is, if i find someone crazy enough to put up with me. Then again he would also have to put up with my incredibly annoying mother...

I do believe in marriage and commitment. I believe true love isn't feeling butterflies on your guts for +10 years but actually caring enough about a person to put that person before you and set aside your selfishness. Because a commited relationship means sacrificing time, things you want to do, money and a whole lot of things people nowadays do not want to sacrifice.

True love, as The Little Prince said, means giving while expecting nothing in return. If I could achieve that, I'd probably make the choice of staying by that person's side for as long as I can.

But for now I have a cat :P

I only understand marriage from the legal point of view. Otherwise it's rubbish. 

I used to dream about my wedding. Having a medium sized party in a Japanese garden, wearing a quirky black dress and having one of my dogs as a ring bearer. But nowadays? Fuck it all. I can't stand other people long enough to put up a bloody reception for them. 

When it comes to love and marriage, I don't understand that either. I mean, by that point you're already in a relationship. If marriage is changing the standpoint of your relationship, you're doing it wrong. If you think marriage is gonna make you or your partner more committed, more loving, more understanding etc. than what he or she was before getting married, you're gonna have a bad time. Things just don't work that way. I already give 100% in a relationship instead of playing around and being indecisive.

But from a legal standpoint, yes, I would like to get married. I would like all the legal and financial benefits of being married. That's all marriage is to me. 

I'm cynical.

I'd just like to say, I'm glad gay marriage is legal.

Other than that, I've never really thought about getting married. I've dreamed up my own wedding before though, but that was when I was younger; now I don't really care lol. The only thing I wanna do in my wedding is wear a half-tux, half-dress deal, like in Drag Race. But I don't really care for an elaborate wedding, and married life is too restrictive and demanding. I'd rather go my own way than have to share everything with someone and end up fussing about having kids and whatnot. Ugh. Sounds ratchet af.

Edited by midi:nette

I recently got married about 9 months ago.  Love it. I can't see myself with any other women besides my wife. Marriage isn't easy but it is always worth it.

On one hand I would like to have a small party with my family in an open area,lots of food, great party, etc. I wouldn't spend too much.

On the other hand it's such an expensive and long term commitment I kind of shit myself thinking about it. 

I want to, but too scared. I feel like I would have to because it's one of the most important things in my family's eyes and all my childhood friends/relatives are either already planning, married or already have children and now the elders are looking at me "when's it happening???" 

So maybe it's something I'll figure out when  I'm older. (I do spend a lot of money on wedding magazines though. It's only 4fun)

Opinions aside, I kind of HAVE to get married if I want to ever get laid. My sister has been dating the same dude for two years and a half and they are still virgins. Why? My parents have gone out of their ways to ensure she stays a virgin until marriage and they will do so for all their children. 

21 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Opinions aside, I kind of HAVE to get married if I want to ever get laid. My sister has been dating the same dude for two years and a half and they are still virgins. Why? My parents have gone out of their ways to ensure she stays a virgin until marriage and they will do so for all their children. 

Or be an independent lady and choose yourself whenever you want to get laid?

5 hours ago, The Bread Wolf said:

Or be an independent lady and choose yourself whenever you want to get laid?

I'll be monitored 24/7 once I start dating.

9 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I'll be monitored 24/7 once I start dating.

I know what that is like. I went through it for about 3 years although I still managed to go out with bfs every so often because my mom is super chill. But when your parents are like that it's almost like even when they're not there you can still feel them watching you, which can make the person feel guilty and break down.

I'd love to get married when I'm older and the time feels right, but Since me and my boyfriend are from different countries... aha that makes it pretty pricey.