Ito

25 Days of ChristMHas Discussion Thread - 2014

Honki dance is very middle-of-the-road for me. They did have a track on their full-length that was more in the guitar-pop direction tho - I thought that sound really suited them.

Having never heard of them until now, I became interested in them when I first read their name. They sound like a lot of fun, their artist name and album title complimenting one another. So I'll have to give them a listen sometime. Got really positive comments and discussion.

to be honest, the album was kinda meh for me, but that sample-song it self, daaaaaaaaammmn. it's just one of those songs that have something about them, in this case some simplicity and riffage that make you want to randomly throw your extremities around in a wild attempt at dancing, making yourself look really silly.

A+ song, C+ mini

to be honest, the album was kinda meh for me, but that sample-song it self, daaaaaaaaammmn. it's just one of those songs that have something about them, in this case some simplicity and riffage that make you want to randomly throw your extremities around in a wild attempt at dancing, making yourself look really silly.

A+ song, C+ mini

Thanks for the insight! I might postpone listening to it for a while then (I have a bunch of stuff on my hands as is xD).

Ito, tardiness is understandable, you've done a fantastic job as always. No worries, happy it got to be up on its day!

About the album, as I've already said in my impressions, I can't recommend these guys enough. A VERY enjoyable band and album and I hope I didn't need to write an essay to express this one this one : p

And now that I can go back to the thread, I've checked out the honki dance PV and I can't believe I'm only hearing them now. A rather.. different PV at that, but they're very funky as I was expecting. Nice discovery and choice!

I've been waiting for the review of witness to be posted and finally, here it is. Better late than never! 

Clearly one of the best albums released this year, my expectations were very high and I haven't been disappointed. In any case, disclosure left me such a good impression with its chaotic atmosphere even before the album was released, and the album just confirmed that these guys know what they're doing; and they're doing it right.

(Sorry I am a bit late in posting this one...MH was down last night when I was going to post it so I just went to bed instead XD)

We all understand. There were bigger fish to fry with the forum last night. Glad to see it's all back as it should be again.

I've been waiting for the review of witness to be posted and finally, here it is. Better late than never! 

Clearly one of the best albums released this year, my expectations were very high and I haven't been disappointed. In any case, disclosure left me such a good impression with its chaotic atmosphere even before the album was released, and the album just confirmed that these guys know what they're doing; and they're doing it right.

Those disclosure teasers had me so hyped and the video when it was on the anniversary site was so amazing. I wish they would have left it permanently so everyone could revisit it. And I agree 100% the album did not disappoint. If I keep playing it as much as I have this year it may end up being my favorite album of theirs so far.

The album cover for that FACT album is pretty cool. Judging from that sample PV, i'm not sure if their sound is for me, but I'd be willing to try one of their albums at least. Is this a good one to start with?

The album cover for that FACT album is pretty cool. Judging from that sample PV, i'm not sure if their sound is for me, but I'd be willing to try one of their albums at least. Is this a good one to start with?

I'd definitely say this one or their self titled. They do have more melodic songs, the preview is about as heavy as they get. 

I sadly don't have much good to say about witness. It is easily my least favorite album by the band, and continues the downward trend in FACT's albums imo. Their self-titled was fantastic, In the Blink of an Eye was great, burundanga was good, and witness is meh. For me there isn't a single song that passes above average for me, with disclosure being the album's closest thing to a strong track. Then there are some downright annoying tracks like ape and 2-1. The song witness is probably the most intriguing to me as it has parts which are great but it's repetitiveness just ends up coming off as irritating (though it does get stuck in my head). The album does get some points for having awesome cover art, though :).

I'd definitely say this one or their self titled. They do have more melodic songs, the preview is about as heavy as they get. 

^ What I was going to reply with, yep. If you do try them, do enjoy Cat. ^^

And Ito, I totally agree on the art cover!

I think Gekitetsu is going to forever be the awesome band with the dude in epic leopard pants. I can only imagine their concerts have to be ridiculously fun.

To quote one of my friends that saw them live lol:

BUT i seriously will not deny that their live show is KILLER. they're really entertaining to see. The singer went down the staircase from the second floor to the first on a asahi beer crate riding a plush tiger. Later, someone boosted him to the top of the speakers, handed him the tiger and he took a fall riding on top of it to the ground.

and to quote another friend who was considering adding them to the NMFT tour:

I told Kenta (susquatch) that I was thinking about bringing them to Canada but he warned me that these guys are pretty crazy and the singer (Amano Joji) is infamous for being an ex-drug addict junkie.

...XD