sai

Charisma.com

Charisma.com

Charismacom.png

MC Itsuka and DJ Gonchi have been best friends since junior high, they formed Charisma.com in 2011, and started playing shows in 2012. Released July 2013, their effortlessly aloof mini-album, I I Syndrome, set tongues wagging in Japan, where their don’t-give-a-shit attitude and nakedly negative lyrics are the perfect antidote to their home country’s suffocating auto-politeness.

Their mission is to “turn your frustrations into songs”.

I can't believe there wasn't an artist thread for these two flawless ladies yet. I personally feel like they're one of the strongest artists in J-pop at the moment and DIStopping is most probably the best pop album I've heard all year. Any more of you who enjoy them?

Thanks to M-H banner, I've checked this band with this PV, was pleased with what I've heard, so I downloaded DIStopping.

I think they're very interesting.

Charisma.com are definitely the surprise hit of the year. Wasn't expecting something as groovy as DIStopping but I can't recommend it enough. Extra props to MC Itsuka for not sounding awkward while rapping in Japanese.

Extra props to MC Itsuka for not sounding awkward while rapping in Japanese.

THIS SO MUCH. There's actually a lot of cool stuff going on in Japanese hip hop, but a good amount of it is ruined by MCs not knowing how to flow properly over a beat. It seems to be either a general quirk to the language or just a fundamental misunderstanding of how hip hop works lol. Either way, Japanese rappers like Itsuka are appreciated!

Ohh, beni put this up in here already 8D

In this case I might return the favor and say that Perfume comparison was a bit rude, considering the fact that Charisma girls have no need to be some dancing marionettes of a hipster producer :V

Guys!

Charisma.com went major!

Major News

They're releasing their first major debut album "OLest" on July 8th of this year. 

CDJapan

WPCL-12163.jpg?v=1

I'm happy for them, but I just hope their sound doesn't change too much or they don't become too mainstream.

Still, congrats to them!

^ Exactly what you said, man! Am happy for them, but I'm also so scared with how their sound'll have possibly altered due to this. Hopefully not but I'm doubting that.

LOL I totally thought I read that they already became major back in the day with the release of their full album... guess not then. XD Looking forward to it!

They just released new album, "not not me"

The title is somewhat described the whole album, which is less electronic than usual and more rock. Somewhat not like charisma.com.

The sound of heavy and bold bassline, the twangy guitarplay, trumpet, and even saxophone are added on their music.
...and this album is definitely one a great thrilling ride.

Ugh I was really hopeful as the two eps last year were very very good, this was a bore. 

The title track sounds like the fucking chainsmokers. 

12 hours ago, nekkichi said:

but it's a rly mediocre album overall, z-z-z-z-z

So, which artist or even which album should I try if I want to know what the definition of NOT mediocre album :shock: 

My library of pop music is still small :/

On 3/22/2017 at 11:45 AM, Spectralion said:

So, which artist or even which album should I try if I want to know what the definition of NOT mediocre album :shock: 

I have a really narrow taste in pop, but if we're talking charisma, I have most of disstopping and 愛泥C kept in my playlist;

their other releases (including this one) are a snooze, save for one or two good songs per CD.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

their other releases (including this one) are a snooze, save for one or two good songs per CD.

Basically, I'm only listened to their music video.