eiheartx

Downloads sections

Hi.

I personally find it annoying to see limited downloads threads (no release date in the title; no jacket cover sometimes).

I know all depends from the uploader who is sharing, but might we impose a specific presentation for the dl sections? I mean, not a model entry nor the biography either, but it should be obligated to add those specific things (in this moment, it's a mess in the dl section), I think it's the base of sharing. What do you think admins/modos/users ?

I think it would be nice if more people would specify the format/bit rate in the description text. Though I do agree that people should always include artwork and the release date.

I think it would be nice if more people would specify the format/bit rate in the description text. Though I do agree that people should always include artwork and the release date.

I don't think I have done that lol.  I'll do it from now on ^^;

You have a point !

I think everyone does those things aside from one person in particular 

who in addition also tends to upload easy to find releases in shite quality which should be discouraged unless it is for the purposes of assembling a discography thread. Actually scratch that, even then it's bollocks. It would be preferred if people uploaded the rips not their own only when it's something that is in high demand. Might as well get demon android back otherwise. 

Well, so far I could remember it's written in the rules, but it isn't a must.

6. Include a track list at the very minimum.

• The ideal post will also include pand picture, album cover, release dates, and other extra information. The track list and link are the only two mandatory elements.

Many uploaders are following this though, but we can't force them to add pictures or anything.

Sometimes when I see it myself, I add them manually to make it look decent when there's nothing added.

why not create a pinned template? I know some posters have really good looking posts. They would make good templates

The ideal post will also include pand picture....

Only saw that now, I am assuming that is missing an "a" ? I will make sure to include a picture of a panda next time I post a link. pce

why not create a pinned template? I know some posters have really good looking posts. They would make good templates

Yes, I think that album art, tracklist, format and release date (in the title) should be mandatory, but I heavily disagree with having one mandatory template for uploads. A template could be useful for users who find it difficult to style and structure their posts, but it can not be mandatory. Because I'm too lazy for that shit.

Yes, I think that album art, tracklist, format and release date (in the title) should be mandatory, but I heavily disagree with having one mandatory template for uploads. A template could be useful for users who find it difficult to style and structure their posts, but it can not be mandatory. Because I'm too lazy for that shit.

T___T  Why didn't anyone tell me about the format obsession? lol  I should just be cool like nostalgia and post specs xD

ia, it could be useful for some who don't wanna waste their time rearranging their post (then the template is the perfect option), but not for most users who love to do their own presentation (and have a "personal style"). But, maybe add a simple reminder when we start a new topic (like do not forget the release date in the title, cover and stuff).

If the band's name is in kanji or kana it would be nice to include romaji name as well. Searching will be more easy then.

If the band's name is in kanji or kana it would be nice to include romaji name as well. Searching will be more easy then.

This this this.

Can't remember how many times my searches failed because I remembered a release was upped here long time ago, but couldn't find it because the uploader only wrote kana in the title and contents, lol.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I personally would not advice to use a full template, because I appreciate users who try to make their posts as pretty as possible and we should just let them. I do think however that a few more things should be mandatory, being:

• The name of the release and the band name in both kanji and romaji for easier searching purposes.
  • The release date
  • The tracklist (already mandatory)
  • A cover image of the CD (except for cases of old rips where it's near impossible to find a cover image)

I'll discuss this with the other staff members and I'll get back to you about this, but I think that yes, the posts should be a bit more elaborate and informative.

I'd like to humbly bring up a point: I would love to share more, but I have almost no free time during my weekdays.

To me it's super easy to put some files in a .rar and drag to mediafire to upload, it doesn't bother me at all. The problem is preparing a super nice thread, it consumes a chunk of time from the 2 or 3 hours I have to spare messing around online, specially when we are talking about a discography thread, or when I don't have all the information and have to search for.

Wouldn't too many mandatory information discourage people from uploading their stuff?

yesterday someone requested kiss my way's yuugure, and I've uploaded it: http://monochrome-heaven.com/index.php?/topic/31229-20121205-kiss-my-way-yuugure-types-ab/

Is this information good enough, or It should have more details?

As indicated yesterday, all upload posts must include at minimum the following information:

• The name of the release and the band name in both kanji and romaji for easier searching purposes
  • The release date
  • The track list (already mandatory)
  • A cover image of the CD (except for cases of old rips where it's near impossible to find a cover image)

As it is, the only thing you're missing is the cover image.