Sign in to follow this  
anieresus

[Review] Versailles - DESTINY-The Lovers-

Still digesting the single.

So far Destiny feels like Serenade after it's sleeping pills wore off and after it spent too much time hanging out with Lareine.

Glowing Butterfly is a mix of emotions with a Malice Mizer-like introduction and Gekkakou guitars / vocal distortion. I like how the verses are dark and the choruses are bright and hopeful.

Libido: good, you're experimenting. I thought this song was going to be worse than it was, but I like it much more that I heard the whole thing. Even though it doesn't sound like it's that complex, Spanish music is rhythmically annoying and there's a lot of subtle patterns in there that are easy to take for granted. These are there to keep the song from melting into a puddle of mush. Also, in the first verse Kamijo sounds sexually flustered and it's kind of hot. Just my own two cents.

The bass doesn't seem all that different. I can't hear it any more or any less (except for Libido) than their earlier releases. Live, however, I think Masashi might be a stronger player than Jasmine. However, he's not there to be compared or judged: he's there to make music.

You all will kill me now but I didnot like it at all. I loved old Versailles with Jasmin and they lost something in music when he passed away.

But, they're genious, the music and the vocals, and the costumes. My heart just doesnot accept them new XD

You all will kill me now but I didnot like it at all. I loved old Versailles with Jasmin and they lost something in music when he passed away.

But, they're genious, the music and the vocals, and the costumes. My heart just doesnot accept them new XD

As long as you remain loving the old Versailles, I won't kill you. (^_^)

What? Jasmine You didn't even compose or wrote lyrics, all he did was play bass that's all.

It was a real tragedy for members and after that they changed and started to make other music, for Europe. Simple simphonic metall, lyrics lost all true emotions and became standard. ?? I dinot want to write this, however. All I wanted to say was in previous comment.

It's like two different bands.

People change and we can't blame them.

I just love old Versailles and don't listen the new one.

I didnot want to argue here, I just wrote my opinion. Jonjon.

It was a real tragedy for members and after that they changed and started to make other music, for Europe. Simple simphonic metall, lyrics lost all true emotions and became standard. ?? I dinot want to write this, however. All I wanted to say was in previous comment.

No one's arguing, I'm just saying that they still have the same composers.

Actually, I agree with Jon. You really have no reason to fret? Versailles still looks the same, still plays the same music, and are still just as good. I would understand your point of view if Versailles had suddenly turned into a SuG copy-cat, but Versailles is still Versailles?

Or, hold up- don't tell me your one of those people who still haven't been able get over Jasmine's death? If so, get over it, the band has seen past his death, why can't you?

Let people have their opinion. :)

I don't understand why you're getting angry. I didnot say the're bad, I sad they're still genious, but I probably don't like them any more.

It's like you like roses and I like tulips - no point to argue about :3

They sound exactly the same as when Jasmine was with them,

also i was never a big fan of him anyway, what i hated though

was that after his death everyone seemed to love him.

^ Heh, agreed

I'm not big on the title track, but "Glowing Butterfly" - despite the crappy name, is actually pretty awesome. "Libido" is probably the second best song on the single.

I'm impressed! 7.5/10

Destiny sounds like Serenade but with less punch. Piano is underused and fails to impress. The vocals where great.7/10

Glowing Butterfly is dumb and pretencious. It throws a lot of stuff to the song but does not craft nothing interesting or unique. In fact the song sound quite like something any jap newbie vk metal would do. At least it's not bad. 5,8/10

Libido is better imo. It's less ambitious and allows the band to outshine with their great perfomance. The composition it's lots more simple but the spanish influences and the fun melody are greatly entretaining. 8,4/10.

Good single, but not as good as their previous works. I would rate it with a 7 overall. At least Philia looks more interesting!

Libido is the best song on the single.

Destiny is pretty good but I mostly just like the solos, otherwise it's just kind of boring.

Glowing Butterfly is boring and I can't manage to finish it. If I do finish it (don't let those scrobbles fool you) I probably ended up becoming distracted and not even listening to it.

Libido is the best song on the single.

Sign in to follow this