Sign in to follow this  
anieresus

[Review] Versailles - DESTINY-The Lovers-

If there's a review thread for a shitty vk compilation, there HAS TO BE ONE FOR THIS SINGLE.

DESTINY-The Lovers-: 9/10 Amazing track, I was scared that this single was going to be Versailles' downgrade and everything, but I am surprised how amazing this song is. Some parts remind me of the revenant choir though, but I think I like this one more. Beautiful song.

Glowing Butterfly: 9/10 Epic intro is epic. It has some Versailles-ness to it, but it also seems that they tried experimenting with this song.

Libido: 9.5/10 Probably the song which stood out the most. I'm glad Teru stopped trying to be all hardcore and shit, and did something different. Seriousl this song sounds nothing like Versailles would do. Loving Masashi's bass lines.

Overall: 9.5/10 Probably Versailles best single release, and not so typical 10 min. long epic sounding symphonic tracks. Masashi has proven that he might just be a better bassist than Jasmine You, and you can finally hear the bass lines really stand out.

Again Versailles puts out another great release, liked all three tracks. :)

To be honest i don't think there is a song i don't like of theirs, xD.

I also agree with you JonJon about Masashi.

EPIC!

1. Destiny - Awesome track, though i feel that it could been alittle better. Or maybe ill just let it grow for some time now ^^ Beautiful - 9/10

2. GLOWING BUTTERFLY - Great song but the build up to the chorus is way too long and simply not that good, the chorus kicks ass though - 8/10

3. LIBIDO - Stands out and is simply awesome, great rythm - 9/10

Versailles never disappoint! Fuck i love them :D

Glowing Butterfly is nice, destiny is boring, and lidibo is damn terrible

it makes me giggle a lot, along with Duel Jewel's Kaede, since it sounds like shitty Russian late 80's pop music

honestly, when i first heard DESTINY preview,

the first part of the song before the guitar chime in,

it sounded like classic 70s-80s J-Pop to me, that i liked.

Something like the late Zard or Mayumi Itsuwa would made.

I was intrigued into thinking they will do some poppy experiments with new bassist.

But after i watched the full live version, it doesn't sounds too mushy. Which is nice to know.

And the full recorded version sounds nice though,

i like how it sounds. How it progresses from pop to guitar riffs.

It's not bad, not bad at all.

GLOWING BUTTERFLY really come to my surprise.

Because you know, the title, it sounded like a joke.

Some name that one would guessing how the music will sound like. But i am really impressed by how it is not lame at all.

I was even felt it's too bad this song should deserve as B-side only. It having the quality for a single. My fave song off of the CD.

LIBIDO, This one sounded very Versailles.

And i think heard a faint mute trumpets in it too?

Or was it just a synth?

However, this one having dominant basslines that go very well with the drumlines. Oh gawd the double pedals <3

verdict: honestly, they could make singles out of three songs included in this new release. But they didn't.

This single pretty much gained some positive feelings in me for their future as a band. It kept my faith after restores by JUBILEE.

I am not usually listened to Versa's music for over and over because it's usually too dense that it grows out on me after the 3rd listens in a day, that i had to retires it before i listen to it again the next day. But this singles kept me repating for hours.

Trust me, you can check my scrobles if you don't believe.

I love this single, than i thought i could be.

So will looking forward their future releases.

Welldone, Versa and welcome Masashi.

To be honest, i had to listen it about twenty times to get used to "new" sound of Versailles. Previews weren't as good as I though, but when I listened whole songs I can say that it's quite nice, but also nothing outstanding. That's to cut a long story short.

Destiny -The Lovers- :typical Versailles song, personally I don't like it so much, cos they used almost all typical symphonic sounds in Jubilee and I dunno if they aren't simply run out ov ideas. 6/10

Glowing Butterfly: Epic introduction, suprising title, but what about the rest... I have mixed feelings. On the one hand it's melodic, on the other the main music theme doesn't fit to words and the way they're being singed. 7/10

Libido: Teru and his ideas. It was kind of shock for me to hear that non-Versailles-style song. I like it really, because it's original and kind of crazy, catchy tunes. Especially specific bass line and the "waltz-alike" bridge. 10/10

Overall, I like the older ideas of Versailles, but I see, that it could be something specific era now. Can't wait for the new album, but single is worth of listening. As i said I'm scared that they run out of ideas and this quite nice music become a shitty bullshit. That's all.

Going to try and make this short due to the fact that I have to leave for work rather shortly, but what I must start off saying is that I was nervous about the first release entirely done without Jasmine, as he was my favorite JRocker out there, blah blah blah etc etc etc. However, it REALLY wowed me, like 100%. The previews had me extremely worried that this was going to be just another Versailles single without anything really special to it. In any case, without further ado:

1. DESTINY -the lovers- - Really blew me away. It had a sense of being epic while having a sense of being a calm, beautiful ballad. From what I can make out of the lyrics (which isn't much) it's a very romantic song, that carries a lot of emotion. 9/10

2. GLOWING BUTTERFLY - This was the track that had me most worried about being generic, but was the track that stood out most to me. Epic intro is epic, amazing composition is amazing, etc. I don't have much to say about this song other than it being epic. 9.5/10

3. LIBIDO - Was worried about this song because the bass in the preview freaked me out a little. I didn't like how it was kind of like "beepbeep" every few seconds, but in the end, in the finished product, it added a LOT of character and turns out to be really catchy and make the track more... dance/rockish. 9/10

I honestly think that a more prominent bassline is where they were headed to since before Jasmine's death, so I think whether he lived or not wasn't going to make a difference musically. But either way, I'm glad there's more bass now. Overall, 9.5/10

DESTINY -THE LOVERS- - At a first listen this kind of...bored me? I don't know why, it didn't do much for me. The ballad part in the beginning was the best part for me, it should've been a ballad for the rest of the song too, in my opinion. After a few listens I really got into it and started to love it more and more. That's the same as with JUBILEE, I needed some time to like it. Anyway, this one is rather good, but not the best one on the single. 8,5/10

GLOWING BUTTERFLY - For some reason it feels like Versailles' has never done this before, I don't know why. But I like it. I really like it. Especially the beginning, and the synth in Kamijo's vocals, that sounds really new to me. I can't say much more about it, it's just really good. 9,5/10

LIBIDO - Also a great song, I love Masashi's bass slapping (or whatever you call that effect) in the background. The chorus was good, but it could've been better in my opinion. Still, I prefer it over DESTINY, so I'll give it a 9/10.

Overall rating: 9/10

Amazing release by Versailles! Actually I expected it to be good, and Masashi did a great job on here. I can't say more than that if they continue like this, we'll have another amazing album.

I'm not too excited about this single. At least not so much as I see others be. It's alright I suppose. The first two tracks are no surprise. Nice compositions, nice guitars, alright vocals, but nothing that really stands out. The intro to the title track is boring though. Glowing Butterfly has a better intro. But the third track I don't really like at all. I don't feel anything when listening to it. Sure, the bass playing of Masashi is worth mentioning, but as a whole I just don't like it. :/ This style does not suit them, I think.

Overall rating: 6.5/10.

Overall I thought it was ok. I liked GLOWING BUTTERFLY a lot. The intro was pretty cool. But I wasn't feeling LIBIDO at all. There was just a lot going on and the bass noises sounded odd to me.

Overall I thought it was ok. I liked GLOWING BUTTERFLY a lot. The intro was pretty cool. But I wasn't feeling LIBIDO at all. There was just a lot going on and the bass noises sounded odd to me.

Awkward, Libido reminded me of D somehow.

Really? Hmm...well, it didn't to me. Just not one of my favorites.

Yes, not vocal-wise of course, but instrumental-wise it did. I can imagine Tsunehito doing those kind of bass lines.

Yes, not vocal-wise of course, but instrumental-wise it did. I can imagine Tsunehito doing those kind of bass lines.

I have to agree on that one. I 'm a big D fan and I can see Tsunehito using this kind of bass lines in of their songs. I believe they have done before actually, but I can't seem to remember in which song.

I have to agree on that one. I 'm a big D fan and I can see Tsunehito using this kind of bass lines in of their songs. I believe they have done before actually, but I can't seem to remember in which song.

You're probably thinking of NEO JAPANESQUE because the bass is really prominent. I honestly wasn't crazy about that song, either. ^^; Though I do love Tsune's bass playing. I like that you can clearly hear him in most songs.

Desinty - It's good and all, but it is my least favorite. It sounds like Kamijo is too loud or the guitar isn't as loud in some parts. (is this just me?) 8.25/10

Glowing Butterfly - I really like the intro and how it changes mood. 8.75/10

Libido - I think I'm in love. EVERYTHING about this song is perfect. 10/10

Might I just add that YUKI is such an awesome drummer. 100/1 for YUKI.

You're probably thinking of NEO JAPANESQUE because the bass is really prominent. I honestly wasn't crazy about that song, either. ^^; Though I do love Tsune's bass playing. I like that you can clearly hear him in most songs.

Yeah, that was the one! NEO JAPANESQUE. I thought it was okay, not spectacular. I like your avatar btw! Asagi's new outfit is awesome.

well, that's a great news to me, that i, haven't listen the single yet... but i'm happy that they had realise such a great work!!!!!.. now i'm gonna hear it with more enthusiam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destiny-The Lovers- I loved the guitar work. It's just sooo fuckin' epic and watching the PV I really got an inspiring feeling. Like this song was really heart felt. I was never really a big Versailles fan, but this is a beautiful song. The intro threw me off b/c I thought it was going to be a ballad, but then BAM! explosion. Great energy behind this. Kamijo seems more raw sounding and emotional in this song which is the number one reason I enjoy this. 3.5/5

Glowing Butterfly - Eh. Not a fan really except for the chorus. It really is beautiful instrumentally, but Kamijo does little for me in this song. What happen to the emotion of Destiny? Even something about the guitar solo is just bland. This song just doesn't stand out too much for me. Decent, but nothing I'd listen to more than 10 times. 3/5

Libido - Grabbed my attention immediately. The intro is very impressive and it doesn't let go of my attention the whole time. Kamijo for some reason wounds weird to me in the first verse though. While not as emotional as Destiny, I like this song better b/c the instrumental is far more interesting and it is far more catchy. This song manages to be epic and still be incredibly fun to listen to. This song is just perfect to me. If you're not a fan of Versailles, this is definitely one song that would help you get into them. Beautiful. 5/5

Overall: 4/5. I'm not a major fan of Versailles but man this was a really good release. For the most part, these songs were spot on. Interesting instrumentation. Great vocals. I really am speechless. I never thought I'd like a Versailles release this much...

all songs were epic, my ratings are..

Destiny-The Lovers- : 9/10

Glowing Butterfly : 10/10

Libido : 9/10

Just another thought I had about this single, and other Versailles singles for that matter.

I feel like when they do singles, it's not just extra tracks from their last album that didn't make the cut, like some other bands out there. I feel like they do all original compositions every single time they release something.

Sign in to follow this