Sign in to follow this  
Tetora

What COLLABORATIONS would you like to see in Japanese Music?

Hey guys,

After reading about D.I.D. doing some collaborations on top their work with PABLO from PTP I was interested in seeing what artists you think would be cool together, or what collabs. from the past you thought were awesome.

Some artists that have done collabs I like:

PTP and various

ABS, TMR and various

Sug, Uwakimono and various

Gackt and various

ALSDEAD, Nocturnal BloodLust

MuCC and Daishi Dance

Who I would like to see:

D.I.D. and TMR

DIV and Denki Groove

UNiTE and a strong female singer

UNiTE and Kra

L`Arc en Ciel and MIYAVI

Dir En Grey and Gackt

Home Made Kazoku and SuG

What do you think? Feel free to explain why you like them or think they would be good as well.

Easy Template if you want to use it:

Who I would like to see:

The ones that have happened that I've liked:

Gackt x Hyde

Kaya x Hizaki

Mucc x Daishi Dance

Ones I'd Like to See:

Kaya x almost anybody

Kamijo x Sono, maybe.

But honestly I'm obsessed with some of the covers I've heard.

Like the Crush! albums were amazing and I loved when they covered disney songs, especially Aoi and Sadie's covers.

I'd love to see more VK artists cover American songs.

Who I would like to see:

Ryohei Yamamoto x Yuya Matsushita

Maon Kurosaki x Aoi Eir

D'espairsRay x Hazuki (lynch)

SUGIZO x Hiroyuki Sawano or Shoji Meguro

For the lulz:

Dir en grey x Ayumi Hamasaki

Deathgaze x AKB48

Good thread, tetora.

Satoko (from me-al art) and ling tosite sigure (凛として時雨)

WHY?  

ling are undoubtedly incredibly talented musicans, but both TK and miyoko's vocals have always been the point of debate. They've often been likened to "chipmunks". So how would ling sound if they stuck to playing their instruments and lent vocal duties to a voice as commanding and thunderous as the hammer of thor? I'd be interested in hearing those results.

EGO-WRAPPIN' and SOIL&“PIMP”SESSIONS.

WHY?

The better question is WHY NOT!!?? The fact that this hasn't happened eludes me. Shiina Ringo has collaborated with Soil&Pimp more than once, and altho Ringo is clearly fond of Jazz music, EGO-WRAPPIN, on the other hand, has built their entire career welding Jazz and quirky pop elements together. Granted, the duo has never been as popular or successful as Ringo, but Nakano Yoshie's vocal dexterity far outweighs Ringo in a Jazz context and Masaki Mori's guitar playing would be right at home with Soil&Pimp. In addition, EGO-WRAPPIN's career predates Ringo's by 2 years. EGO-WRAPPIN' has collaborated with other big name acts like Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, BRAHMAN, and Katteni Shiyagare, so a collab as potent as this should be a no-brainer.

Abe Fuyumi (阿部芙蓉美) and THE NOVEMBERS

WHY?

THE NOVEMBERS have really been experimenting with their sound these past few years and Abe Fuyumi has been moving into more alternative directions of her own. I think they could definitely meet somewhere in the middle. I feel like her deep, sultry vocals would easily mesh with the dark beauty of THE NOVEMBERS...Plus, I think that her and Kobayashi's vocals would flow well together.

MISIA x Shinichi Osawa

Gackt x SUGIZO

TMR x Yasutaka Nakata

MIYAVI x miwa

Kumi Koda x Disclosure

Hikaru Utada x Ayumi Hamasaki

Akiko Shikata x Kalafina

NaNa x Goth-Trad

...to name a few.

Some of my favorite bands I know because of their collabs.

Coldrain x various

Crossfaith x various

SiM x various

Crystal Lake x various

Before My Life Fails x various

Her Name In Blood x various

(And by 'various' I mean mostly each other)

Crossfaith always say Skrillex is an ispiration of theirs and I'd live to hear him remix their music. Or Crossfaith work with w/ Enter Shikari (or someone equally as popular in their western target markets.)

As for only Japanese bands, I'd like to hear Mucc take a lot of the bands they use for their background work (gang vocals and such) and bring them in on some features. ROACH, Peanuts for a Party Boy, Make My Day, etc.

MUCC x DAISHI DANCE ("Arcadia")

Ringo Shiina x Kenichi Maeyamada (that guy behind various anime theme and idol pop songs) ("Private" (self-cover ver.))

BiS x Takeshi Ueda (AA=, The Mad Capsule Markets) ("STUPiG")

TK from Ling Tosite Sigure x Chara ("Shinkiro")

MIYAVI x H ZETT M ("Pleasure!")

SUGIZO x Origa (whole "Rise to Cosmic Dance" gig + "THE EDGE"-single)

Who I would like to see:

Kiyoharu x Takeshi Ueda (AA=, The Mad Capsule Markets) 

I wish Kiyoharu would continue his short-lived experiments involving electronic music - SHEEP VOCALS AND GABBER, HELL YES. 

TK from Ling Tosite Sigure x Yasutaka Nakata (Capsule etc.)

I always wondered what could happen if TK did much "dancier" tracks...

Shuuji Ishii x Ken Morioka (Soft Ballet)

...Why didn't these two collab yet?

etc.

Dir en grey x AKB47 / Gackt? Are you fucking serious? I might just have fallen into a troll trap, but it was worth it.

I'd like to see

Nightmare x the Gazette

Dir en grey x downy

Jupiter x Moi Dix Mois

Hazuki (lynch) x lynch

Black Gene For The Next Scene x R-Shitei

Girugamesh x Kanon Wakeshima

Gonin-Ish - sukekiyo

SIGH x Apocalyptica

Just imagine if Dr. Mikannibal had joined the band around Hangman's Hymn.

MUCC x AVICII

Because why not?

MIYAVI x The Rasmus

This collaboration would go along with The Rasmus' "death pop" sound. But who knows?

kyo and Kaoru of DIR EN GREY x Slayer

In this scenario, Kaoru could fill in the second guitar as a guest and have a duet of sorts with Tom Araya and kyo. (That's if Gary Holt isn't their full time guitarist.)

BORIS x Mastodon

Imagine the sludge baby that could come out from this collaboration.

BABYMETAL x Lady Gaga

A nice Japanese pop meets Judas Priest influenced music to commemorate their tour together. (Why Judas Priest? Isn't Gaga a big fan of them as well?)

a little of topic but i always wonder why vk bands never had members from other bands featured on their song? like if they liked that one guitar part that one guy did or think blanks voice would be nice here? is it because they dont have the money or cant afford for fans to maybe look else where?

but lycaon to cover TG DEG RES and femme fatale freya

Edited by blackdoll

I'd like to hear Kana Otsubo (Spangle call Lilli line) and Yumi Uchimura (la la larks, ex-school food punishment) make a 'proper' collab together. I say 'proper' because Yumi did previously provide vocals for a SCLL pseudo-cover not too long ago, but that track didn't feature any of Otsubo's vocals.

I reckon Robin Aoki (downy) could work really well as a guest-vocalist for THE NOVEMBERS. I know he already worked with them as a producer on zeitgeist (and co-wrote the title track too, I believe, which is probably why Kobayashi's vocal delivery is so downy-esque in that song), but I'd imagine his and Kobayashi's voices could mix together really well while still fitting THE NOVEMBERS' sound quite easily.

Other than that, there are quite a few people that I'd like to hear collaborate more despite not having a specific person in mind. Kyo (DIR EN GREY, sukekiyo), TK ( 凛として時雨), miya (375, ex-BLEACH), and Masayuki Hasuo (385, ex-school food punishment) could all benefit a lot from taking part in some experimental collabs in my opinion. I also think Miyavi's best work as of late has come whenever he's collaborated with others.

LIPHLICH x Kiyoharu. I think it would be cute. Kind of like the GLAY x Kyosuke Himuro collab, where you could really see just how strong Himuro's influence on Teru was.

Sign in to follow this