Kiwi

An Cafe

According to Teruki, Visual Kei.

I think they learn more towards Oshare, though.

And they're under Loop Ash Records. ^-^

I love all six guys. Miku especially. :]

They had some really good releases when Bou was still in the band, but after Takuya and Yuki joined it were only a few songs. I didn't get the point of adding Yuki to the band. Sure they used some keyboard before, but I don't like him, honestly. Only song with the current line up I really like is Kakusei Heroism. Though BondS Kizuna is the best song they ever made.

Sorry for the necrobump. Didn't want to do a new thread, though.

Because they announced new releases, I wanted to know how they sound now...

So, to ask you a question, did anybody of you let a few years with new music pass you by enough to disdain their newest efforts?

Out of curiosity, I heard the last song they published after their reunion (being "Amazing Blue"), and I am still amazed at how inept Miku is at singing. I know they want to keep up that sugar-coated cutesy image, but at least two of them are in their thirties, if not three. It's getting really ridiculous. I never heard anything of LC5 (and after Amazing Blue I refuse to do so) - so how the hell do they want to keep this up? I couldn't take Miku seriously ever, but his nonexistant progression nailed this down for me. I truly respect everyone who genuinely likes them, but it seems like he doesn't have a single glint inside of him telling him to be a better vocalist. Sorry, I think he still sounds downright horrible, and he hasn't made any progress since at least 2005. Which is 8 years full of opportunities to do so.

I don't even know why I liked some of their old songs. Must've been some kind of youthful naivete on my behalf, as I can't even bear to listen to that anymore.

What I wanted to ask: Is there still someone like me who kind of liked them when they started, but lost interest after a few years? And then came back to learn that everything you listened to a few years back was cow dung, basically? I can't be the only one.

Of course, people who disagree, don't be discouraged to tell me. I'm interested in everyone's opinions, as this is something I just wanted to get off of my chest right now. And if I've hurt your feelings right now... Sorry to disagree with you. <3

they look like hosts doing butler cosplay :D is there going to be any activity from them this year? as their new look looks a tad more mature i can´t help but wonder about music. although gotta say i liked yuuki´s old look a lot more. he was pretty funky back then (and thanks to that my favorite member)

An Cafe was my biggest obsession during my high school days. I knew their music was too cheesy for me, while I was listening to bands like cock and ball torture, anal cunt, napalm death. I was pretty much a metal head but, an cafe was something to me.

on side i always wanted to look like bou. til this day i kinda do hehe

On 7.4.2015 at 2:32 AM, Heroin said:

An Cafe was my biggest obsession during my high school days. I knew their music was too cheesy for me, while I was listening to bands like cock and ball torture, anal cunt, napalm death. I was pretty much a metal head but, an cafe was something to me.

on side i always wanted to look like bou. til this day i kinda do hehe

I can relate! I was (and still am) into metal music and AnCafe was very unusual for me but I was OBSESSED with them. I still love them to pieces even though their new songs lack in spirit and creativity.

I only like their music until 2005.

When they went major there was a change in their music, more mainstream and it lost appeal to me.

I don't understand why they must change their music style when they go major if their music is already working.

On Friday, September 08, 2017 at 4:52 AM, seikun said:

I only like their music until 2005.

When they went major there was a change in their music, more mainstream and it lost appeal to me.

I don't understand why they must change their music style when they go major if their music is already working.

While I also like their new stuff, you are certainly right! They used to be heavier, and for me, there was more...emotion that came across in their music.

Still, I thought that Harajuku Dance Rock , Hikagyaku Ziprock and BB Parallel were great albums overall. My absolute favourite songs were their B-sides during (and before) their shikisai moment days.

Their are my first band  oshare kei who I like their music so much . This band  bring me  strengh and energy during my bad periods. There are really important for me.

I know them with Bou in 2006  and I follow them.

Negaigoto wo Hittosusa their last single is a really sad song.

And I appreciate their last album, because i don't know. JUMBO is my favorite song of this album.

But my favorites songs are Tekesuta Kousen and Escapism (and my first then discover them).

1 hour ago, Miku70 said:

Their are my first band  oshare kei who I like their music so much . This band  bring me  strengh and energy during my bad periods. There are really important for me.

I know them with Bou in 2006  and I follow them.

Negaigoto wo Hittosusa their last single is a really sad song.

And I appreciate their last album, because i don't know. JUMBO is my favorite song of this album.

But my favorites songs are Tekesuta Kousen and Escapism (and my first then discover them).

Same! I’ve been listening to them since 2006, which was, on my opinion, still their best era 😊 Their music gives me strength in a way that no other VK band ever could. AnCafe are basically saying: life might be hard sometimes, but when pressure is weighing you down, all you can do is remember all the good things in life and just dance. That’s it. 

Escapism and tekesuta kousen are great songs! My favourite will forever remain snow scene, partly, because it’s the first song I ever listened to. 

Snow scene is definitely one of my favourite (maybe my no. 1 favourite) song(s). It creates such a melancholic atmosphere. 

After reading about them disbanding soon, I listened to Stumble across a miracle for the first time in a long time, and suddenly all of the good memories I had with this band came to the surface. I've never even listened to this song much, but it gave me the chills.

Snow Scene is also one of my favorite songs by them! In fact, it was one of the first songs that I discovered by them. The lyrics are somewhat sad, but it’s still a great song. (The ending of the video is heartwarming when the rest of the band members find Miku in the bathtub.)

I like most of the songs on their album Magyna Carta album. Is Stumble Across a Miracle written by Bou? (I was so sad to learn when Bou left the band ;_;)

Edited by monkeybanana4

Yes, it was my first ancafe song, too! Got a mixtape from a friend of mine, and three an cafe songs were on there. I instantly Fell in love with Snow scene.

As far as I know, You wrote the song, yes. 

And I feel you. My teenage self was so sad because he used to be my favourite. I had just discovered them a year before that, and suddenly he left. It's not like I'm that interested in his private life, but sometimes I wonder what he's up to or if he's alright. I wonder if he maybe got an education after leaving the VK scene? Anyways, I Wish him all the best.

5 minutes ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

Yes, it was my first ancafe song, too! Got a mixtape from a friend of mine, and three an cafe songs were on there. I instantly Fell in love with Snow scene.

As far as I know, You wrote the song, yes. 

And I feel you. My teenage self was so sad because he used to be my favourite. I had just discovered them a year before that, and suddenly he left. It's not like I'm that interested in his private life, but sometimes I wonder what he's up to or if he's alright. I wonder if he maybe got an education after leaving the VK scene? Anyways, I Wish him all the best.

Whoa, that's cool. (Out of curiosity, what were the other songs on there?) A friend of mine introduced me to them with their song, Wagamama Koushinkyouku. It was later on that I stumbled across Snow Scene, and I was hooked to the band thanks to it.

Same here! I had only discovered them right before Bou left. I was quite shocked to find that he would leave all of a sudden. I also wonder what he was doing afterwards since he seemed to have disappeared from the music scene. Nonetheless, I'm sure he's doing well in whatever he's decided to do ^.^v  I still liked the band after he left, but their music wasn't quite the same.

It makes me wish I could have seen them live before the group basically disbanded. I'm sure it would have been a lot of fun.

15 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Whoa, that's cool. (Out of curiosity, what were the other songs on there?) A friend of mine introduced me to them with their song, Wagamama Koushinkyouku. It was later on that I stumbled across Snow Scene, and I was hooked to the band thanks to it.

The other two songs were smile ichinan II onna and escapism ;) another mixtape followed soon, introducing me to all of these amazing b-sides (ese uranai, super rabbit, Aurora, hisokyo, ame no hankagai, etc). I think that most of the songs that had not been released on one of their studio albums were among their best.

Same here! I had only discovered them right before Bou left. I was quite shocked to find that he would leave all of a sudden. I also wonder what he was doing afterwards since he seemed to have disappeared from the music scene. Nonetheless, I'm sure he's doing well in whatever he's decided to do ^.^v  I still liked the band after he left, but their music wasn't quite the same.

Their music definitely changed, but I had the feeling it had more to do with them trying to appease a wider audience? I think that their songs were less heavy (which is probably why they hired a keyboard player in the first place.) I’mnot saying that their old songs were less sparkly, but their third album (and first without Bou) felt more...glittery? 😂 

It makes me wish I could have seen them live before the group basically disbanded. I'm sure it would have been a lot of fun.

Me too...but I don’t have the money nor the time to travel to Japan atm. I’v been waiting for another Europe tour since 2014, and I still have got to come to terms with the fact that this is seriously it, and they will not continue to bring this joy into my life. This may sound dramatic, but their music was always with me in my teenage and young adult years, and they will be missed!

5 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

The other two songs were smile ichinan II onna and escapism ;) another mixtape followed soon, introducing me to all of these amazing b-sides (ese uranai, super rabbit, Aurora, hisokyo, ame no hankagai, etc). I think that most of the songs that had not been released on one of their studio albums were among their best.

Oh, nice! Smile Ichiban Ii Onna and Escapism were the other songs I discovered on YT. Aurora is another personal favorite of mine~ I had that song play on repeat in my younger years, lol. Did you like the original Smile Ii Ichiban Onna or the remake they released in 2015?

Their music definitely changed, but I had the feeling it had more to do with them trying to appease a wider audience? I think that their songs were less heavy (which is probably why they hired a keyboard player in the first place.) I’mnot saying that their old songs were less sparkly, but their third album (and first without Bou) felt more...glittery? 😂 

Haha, that's a pretty apt description of their music after Bou left 😂 I always described their works as becoming "lighter", but I think glittery sounds better XD Did you ever get a chance to listen to Miku's other band, Lc5? I felt the look of that band was far from the happier/lighter sounds of AnCafe.

Me too...but I don’t have the money nor the time to travel to Japan atm. I’v been waiting for another Europe tour since 2014, and I still have got to come to terms with the fact that this is seriously it, and they will not continue to bring this joy into my life. This may sound dramatic, but their music was always with me in my teenage and young adult years, and they will be missed!

You were able to go to the tour they had in Europe? That's so cool! I've never had the chance to see them live. It must have been amazing! I feel the same way. They were one of my first visual kei bands, so I will definitely miss the band!

On 10/15/2018 at 9:24 PM, monkeybanana4 said:

Oh, nice! Smile Ichiban Ii Onna and Escapism were the other songs I discovered on YT. Aurora is another personal favorite of mine~ I had that song play on repeat in my younger years, lol. Did you like the original Smile Ii Ichiban Onna or the remake they released in 2015?

I like the original more, but they remake was cool as well! And yes to having aurora on repeat 😂

Haha, that's a pretty apt description of their music after Bou left 😂 I always described their works as becoming "lighter", but I think glittery sounds better XD Did you ever get a chance to listen to Miku's other band, Lc5? I felt the look of that band was far from the happier/lighter sounds of AnCafe.

I did, yes. Their sound was definitely darker, and I think it was Miku’s way to move away from ancafe’s image to pursue something completely different. I liked their music, but for me, there was no spark there. What do you think?

You were able to go to the tour they had in Europe? That's so cool! I've never had the chance to see them live. It must have been amazing! I feel the same way. They were one of my first visual kei bands, so I will definitely miss the band!

Yes, I saw them live twice! Once in 2009, and the last time in 2014. In 2012 I decided against going to their concert because I would have had to skip at least one day at uni. A friend of mine, who lives in Berlin, went to the show, and said it was amazing. In hindsight, I think I should’ve taken the chance.

I once even accidentally caught takuya’s guitar plectrum! I just saw something flying my way and caught it out of instinct. 

I never got to see a lot of Japanese bands live, but I’m glad I had the chance to see ancafe. 

13 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

I like the original more, but they remake was cool as well! And yes to having aurora on repeat 😂

Same here ^^ Liked the original one more. Haha, a friend of mine, one time asked me, if I was ever going to listen to anything else XD

I did, yes. Their sound was definitely darker, and I think it was Miku’s way to move away from ancafe’s image to pursue something completely different. I liked their music, but for me, there was no spark there. What do you think?

It makes sense - perhaps he was trying to make a statement to people that he wasn't simply a 'happy' oshare singer. I've just been re-listening to their music, and there's nothing wrong with it. It's solid. But it does feel a bit lackluster - like there's something missing despite it being "darker" than An Cafe. I can't put my finger on what it is, though.

Yes, I saw them live twice! Once in 2009, and the last time in 2014. In 2012 I decided against going to their concert because I would have had to skip at least one day at uni. A friend of mine, who lives in Berlin, went to the show, and said it was amazing. In hindsight, I think I should’ve taken the chance.

I once even accidentally caught takuya’s guitar plectrum! I just saw something flying my way and caught it out of instinct. 

I never got to see a lot of Japanese bands live, but I’m glad I had the chance to see ancafe. 

Wow! That's cool! How were they live? I'm super curious ^^ Omg, that's sooo awesome that you were able to catch it! Those are so hard to catch :D 

Your stories are very interressing 😊.

I discover An Cafe with French Magazine Rock  and it's a magazine who  belonged at my little sister .  In this magazine, they had a interview and a presentation of the band with Bou. And I read this during the time turned up the familial computer. Then I listen their music on Youtube. In this time I am very very shy , so I ask to my parents buy a CD of the band 2 or 3 years laters and it was with Yuuki and Takuya. And later by their olds CDs ( excepts two album and any singles). I never the band in  lives  because their lives are in Paris ou in the South France and a day , who it's impossible to come.  I have no money and I don't  understand japenese very much 😔, so iI never seen them in Japan.I have two DVDs lives of the bands ( those 2010 and those 2014).

And I love Lc5, but Miku did not hold his promise.

My first of them is Escapism or Tekesuta Kousen , I don't remember exactly 😁 . I discover Snow Scene more later and it's a very sad song.

I understand your problem! Even though I used to live in a good area for concerts (a huge city one hour away), it was rarely possible to go there because there were no trains running late. Also, Japanese bands mostly tend to tour in the same cities (Munich, Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne) that are not that close. So as a teenager with little money and no car, I rarely got to see any concerts. I could only attend my ancafe concert in 2009 because it was on a Saturday, and my family had relatives close on Cologne that my parents wanted to visit. So they took me (plus a friend of mine) by car.

You don’t have to speak Japanese to go to a Japanese concert though! They try to communicate with the audience in English :) If you ever get the chance to see a visual kei band live, you should go for it!

what is your favourite song?

On 10/19/2018 at 11:22 PM, Miku70 said:

Then I listen their music on Youtube. In this time I am very very shy , so I ask to my parents buy a CD of the band 2 or 3 years laters and it was with Yuuki and Takuya. And later by their olds CDs ( excepts two album and any singles). I never the band in  lives  because their lives are in Paris ou in the South France and a day , who it's impossible to come.  I have no money and I don't  understand japenese very much 😔, so iI never seen them in Japan.I have two DVDs lives of the bands ( those 2010 and those 2014).

My first of them is Escapism or Tekesuta Kousen , I don't remember exactly 😁 . I discover Snow Scene more later and it's a very sad song.

I also listened to their songs in YouTube for the longest time, too! I completely understand about the lives. When bands come tour the country I live in, it’s usually in big metropolitan cities - too far away from where I live, so I can’t go regardless :( Escapism is such a good song, too :) I really love the songs they released with Bou ^^

17 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

You don’t have to speak Japanese to go to a Japanese concert though! They try to communicate with the audience in English :) If you ever get the chance to see a visual kei band live, you should go for it!

Yes, and they’re very interested in foreigners, so I find there’s no need to be shy (despite the language barrier).

I distressed  and stressed so much >.<" and I no sense of direction.  Yes, I lost with Google maps so many times.  On time I know the  palce it's okay.

If  I go in Japan, will be a person 😊. SUMMER DIVE ~Kan toro PEACH☆BEACH~

I love this band so much, so my favourite song ? I don't know . Maybe  Odoru Mehuren Tokei  / Odoru Märchen Tokei  or Candy Holic  ?  I love Tekesuta Kousen  , SUMMER DIVE ~Kan toro PEACH☆BEACH ~Itai Onna ~NO PAIN, NO LOVE? JAPAIN GIRLS in LOVE~ ( because members are  girls school uniforms 🤗)Mousou Mo Mou Sorosoro  ( because this song tall me),Negaigoto wa Hitotsusa ( because it's a sad song).

For the b-sides : Rinne no Tsumi,  Kirikiri Kirikiri..., Touhi Kairo,Mousou Aikouka, 3P,LOCK ON ☆The☆ O NEW Sekai,Koritsu Hospital, Orange Dream,Let's brand new wave, Passion !,Kawayu's ЯocК,Bird no Higeki,Bo K Mental Clinic, Gendai SOLDIER NOW.,Juuryoku Scandalous, Kimi No Machi,Love Me♡Tender,Itsumo no kiss de , JUMBO, Baloon Girl Bo ,Nee and  Kimi wa Itsuka Kagi ni Naru ~truth or lie~.

For me it's very difficult to choice because I love many songs of them in their releases 😥😣.