BrenGun

subforum for "interviews"?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this subforum?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't care

Yo,

Maybe it would be cool if we had a subforum, where we could post links and the first few questions and answers to interviews.

So that we are always up to date if bands did do an interview on some website.

Also it would be more easy for those "music report blogs" to get more readers to their blogs.

Also I think it would be usefull because then you don't need to bookmark 10000 of blogs.

Of course we also could use it when we did translate a Japanese interview, so that you can let other people know that it is on your website.

kinda that a post would look like this

credit: Ryu, Calmando Qual worldwide support 2013

Calmando Qual Interview | English Version

02) I know that Hibiki has a younger brother. But what about the others?
【Tak】I have one older brother.
【MAYA】I don’t have any.
【kenka】I have one older sister.

03) Tak-san you really live for your guitar isn’t? Could you maybe list-up in which bands you did play in the past. and in which one you are currently playing?
【Tak】Well it’s really countless to tell them all, but this are the ones where I’m in now, Calmando Qual, dieS, Psycho Lizard and Rose Madder.

04) Hibiki-san & Kenka-san, you both also play in THE HIGH GRIP. In what way is that band different from Calmando Qual? Or are there also many similar things?
【Hibiki】It’s not that different the basic is the same. But the different between them are the use of the language, for example Calmando Qual is a word game.
THE HIGH GRIP is straight forward.And also the feeling.
【kenka】There are similar parts and also non similar parts of oneself and that’s what it makes interesting.

READ FULL INTERVIEW HERE

Or if interviewers have full interviews to post, that they also can post a full interview. 

I came up with this, since I do miss such thing in this forum. we have so much in this forum but a part for just cool interviews we miss. Which also is good to promote bands.

What ya think?

I could dig it. It would rely on people tagging the bands involved though, trawling through pages of interviews you're not interested in would get old fast.

The only obstacle in your path is demand. If there are enough people here that want it and are willing to contribute to keep it going I see no harm in trying it out.

Soo, people do you want it? yes or no?

answer please!

I say yes, and of course I'm willing to contribute.

@Shmilly

Of course it needs a tag, hopefully people won't forget. just a simple tag as for example "interview - acid black cherry"  "interview - BUCK-TICK"

But of course we always can use the search option too to find a interview. works too. (only if a band name contains more than 3 letters)

I think it might be a good idea - I'm kinda concerned about people reposting translator's work without permission, though. I think that'd have to be paramount - someone would have to keep a close eye on it, maybe make each new thread mod approved?

Well we also upload music without permission.

But from what I know its okay if you post 1~3 questions and answers. And then simply a link to the interview.

Happens a lot, and nobody bitch about it. But of course someone can ask the website first. But nobody has every bitched to me, always kind with yes, but only the first questions.

And in the whorse case we can simply make a sceenshot and then linking it to the website.

So kinda if its not your work own interview, you cannot post the whole thing.

If its your own thing then go ahead.

Just I wonder what about magazines translations or website interview translations? Would they be alright too?

I think it might be a good idea - I'm kinda concerned about people reposting translator's work without permission, though. I think that'd have to be paramount - someone would have to keep a close eye on it, maybe make each new thread mod approved?

The best thing to do in this case is to leave a link to the original source so the translator gets views on their website or blog, and then quote relevant parts of the interview that people are interested in here. Something similar to what I do when I post in the Current Events thread would be ideal.

Just I wonder what about magazines translations or website interview translations? Would they be alright too?

They would be useless for most members without an accompanying translation, since most of us aren't proficient at Japanese. If someone is and doesn't mind transcribing them so everyone can read them, I have no problem with it.

I voted yes. I'm always interested in interviews and that'll make for a nice and easy navigation and storage of information I'm sure many are interested in as well. Like Zeus said above, untranslated interviews might not be as wanted, since the majority of us (I think), can't read Japanese. But just referring to the site and showing a 'sneak peek', (just like a small extract/copy & paste), of it, as you've explained, would be perfect I think. Asking the original writers for permission about it, I think, might have to be checked. I've seen things like blogs warning against their translations being sourced elsewhere, so I have to say, maybe checking with the sources that often and continues to post things should be asked about it. I'm sure they'd appreciate that.

Anyway, good luck with it if it happens. And I'm all up for helping out in any way by the way, I'd love to contribute somehow to this community. 

I think a new section would be great, granted it's okay to post live reports there too. Anyone can write live reports, whereas translating interviews is a whole other thing.

I think a new section would be great, granted it's okay to post live reports there too. Anyone can write live reports, whereas translating interviews is a whole other thing.

maybe then simply 2 new subforums?  so one for interview and one for live reports?!

maybe then simply 2 new subforums?  so one for interview and one for live reports?!

Why add two? Just add one subforum under 'Japanese Rock', there's really no need for two separate sections.

Why add two? Just add one subforum under 'Japanese Rock', there's really no need for two separate sections.

I mean it like this:

Japanese Rock

WORDS & IMAGES

[_ interviews

[_ live reports

^ kinda like that.

Just a point I thought about... maybe just post interviews in the artists' threads? I feel like it would be relevant to those threads and wouldn't be enough to clutter them. Especially if it's just a portion of relevant information and links somewhere else. Actual article translations could be put behind a spoiler if they're really long.