Sign in to follow this  
ghost

12012 - XII

12012 - XII  

:3.5:

70726f647563742f32303134303832395f333764

12012 have been rolling with a new style since one of their guitarists left them before the release of their self-titled. 
Overall, it's been a hit-and-miss with every new record since then, but the thing that remained constant in this transformation is that their music, regardless of whether or not it was bad or good, featured some very memorable content. I'm not too familiar with 12012's earlier years or even their mar maroon & Seven eras, but I will say that, within the context of these newer albums, I believe XI to be their best release yet. I will start out by saying that this album does not feature 12012's current heavy style (minus red).

The album starts with vicious of absolution, which begins with an intro reminiscent of their last album The Swan. It quickly picks up into a slick guitar line and Wataru later joins in with a smooth and flowing melody. This pattern continues throughout the song until its short yet efficient ending. If I were to describe the track in two words it would be simple and eloquent.

story of a different dimension kicks things up a notch with heavier fast paced drums and features some tight and distorted guitar playing. Even with this upbeat change, the song features a melancholy string solo and, almost, Gothic choir sequence. The best thing about the track though is definitely the guitars: They're charismatic and also played in a variety of styles keeping things interesting.

The album finally gets more into the band's recent hardcore sound with the red. It's what you'd expect from a recent 12012 heavy song except that it's much cleaner in execution and Wataru's screams are done much better without delving into ridiculous loud shouting and vomit noise territory. There's even a short acoustic Spanish guitar break that's oh so sweet. It does begin to feel too long near the end with the song being just 3 seconds shy of 6 minutes. A lot of this, I feel, is contributed from a weak second melodic chorus. It gets especially sigh inducing the second time around when it transitions/becomes the climax of the song but just kinda stays the same. Still, this can be forgiven because of the catchy main guitar riff.

alone is a sweet upbeat ballad that's somewhat of a throwback to their mar maroon/Seven era (at least in terms of the more poppy nature of the song). I find the bridge and chorus to be one of the more catchy melodic lines they've thrown at us in a while and just can't get enough of it. One thing I never really noticed in other songs but did in this one is the deep and rich tone of Wataru's voice. I usually don't notice this because he sings so high but alone really makes his voice shine.

We now come to the final and longest song on the album, aqua. The first thing I'll say is that it's way too long. This song did not need to be over 9 minutes. Basically, it's the main chorus repeated again and again. The chorus is sung softly at first until the climax when everything is played at full force and then slowly fades out. I don't like the way the song fades out on this part because nothing is really happening in the music; it makes for a weak and unmemorable ending.

Couple of suggestions:

-If the song went into the climax after the piano break, I think it would've been much more tolerable.

-Take out the bass solo (too flat and adds too much time)

-Place the guitar solo at the end of the song to create a much more interesting fade out and keep the listener engaged.  

I think its fine as the closer to the album, but these few qualities really take away from the impact the track could have had.

The songs individually are fairly strong, but I don't feel like that's where the strength of the album lies. Rather, I remember XII as a whole. I find it to be a fairly solid album from the start to finish having a smooth flow between songs, a uniform sound despite all songs being written by different members, and overall strong compositions. This is something their last few mini-albums lacked. 

Yes, the album doesn't have that recent hardcore and intense 12012 sound, but I'll trade a softer more refined album for a messy execution of a style that doesn't really match with them. I feel like this is a stable balance between their heavy and poppy sides. The album is brighter than Decida of Silence and The Swan but still retains a serious dark tone. I'm glad they're going on hiatus so they can take a break and perhaps think about what direction to go next, but I definitely don't want them to disband. I hope that they'll return with a fresh new release that continues to build on this style. 

StruggleofXII_2_zpsf0c84297.jpg

[Kudos if you can guess where the skeleton image is from]

I was waiting for someone to start this topic! 

Remember how I said in Kamijo's Heart thread that it would be hard for a visual artist to top Heart unless Diru pulled something half decent out of their asses? Yeah I think this EP may have done it for me. Hard to say since this EP is only 5 songs long and I don't want to say that these 5 songs are better than Kamijo's 12 (ish..?) but still, I was super impressed with this EP. 

I've been a big fan of 12012 for a very, very long time. I'd have to say my favorite albums are likely Seven and Diamond (and possibly Mar Maroon). The point I'm trying to drive home with this is that their self-titled didn't rank because it was too heavy. I don't -usually- care for 12012 when they get too heavy because it feels pointless and forced when I personally believe (and this is obviously just my own opinion) that they do their more pop/rock songs better than heavy songs. So that's why when 12012 was released I was like "Okay, my fandom of this band can be dead now", but they totally got me back for Deicida of Silence which, yes, it WAS heavy, but it sounded like it had purpose.

All this time later I'm still trying to sort out my opinions of The Swan, but I remember I thought it was pretty decent. 

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that since the release of Seven,  I faded in and out of genuinely really loving a release by this band. And now there's XII and I honestly feel like a kid again because to me the whole vibe recalls what I refer to as the glory days of VK from about 2002-2007 (ish) when I was younger and more care-free.

Anyway, to talk about the individual songs I'll start with my least fav and work my way up:

Story of a Different Dimension: I do like the song, but to me this one is the least memorable. It's a little generic and the energy of the song feels slightly disjointed. That being said, it's the only negative thing I have to say about the EP.

Vicious of Absolution: This song is beautiful, it flows extremely well and is composed excellently. Wataru sounds fantastic. They all sound fantastic. I just love this song. It's just that it isn't -quite- as memorable as the next three, but this is one of my favorite 12012 songs ever.

Alone: Again, the atmosphere is really prominent here. It's depressing without being tear-jerking. It's chorus is catchy enough that it puts it ahead of Vicious of Absolution, but otherwise I would have to put these two on a similar level. 

The Red: Now I would have to agree with nagaram in that it's a twinge too long, after a while you're kind of like "mmmm okay this can end any time now" but other than that, this is a song that felt like it had purpose for being heavier. It wasn't pointless pig squealing for 6 minutes it had a purpose, atmosphere, and vibe to it that made it a super fun song to listen to.

Aqua: One of my favorite songs this year. When I first saw the length I thought "Oh fuck no" to myself because, to me, if you're not Kamijo, Versailles, or Jupiter I don't want anything to do with your 7+ minute songs. However, they managed to keep me really intrigued throughout the whole thing. No, there aren't a lot of lyrics and the composition may not be as enthralling and ever-changing as a Versailles number, but they stay true to the flow the whole time and Wataru sounds beyond fantastic. The song really shines towards the end where it goes from being this down-tempo song to being a power ballad in the blink of an eye. I love the lyrics, atmosphere, overall sound of this song. 

In short, the EP to me is in the 4.5 to 5 out of 5 star range. Totally in love with it.

12012's XII makes me sad. Sad in the way that this is going to be their last release for a long time. This album is near perfection. I can literally describe it as a well done trip down memory lane through their past and present era's. VICIOUS OF ABSOLUTION reminds me a lot of the SEVEN era. I love how even though drop B is the bands main tuning now, they can still make memorable tracks in standard or Drop D. Pretty much everyone of the members shine on this song and they all compliment each other. Oh and the piano just adds that spice to things. Beautiful. STORY OF A DIFFERENT DIMENSION reminds me a lot of something that would be on Play Dolls or Diamonds. The guitars are the highlights of this song, especially the main riff. My reaction face when hearing it :shocked-gif.gif Another great track.

THE RED is probably my favorite song on the mini. I've been saying this since the Swan, 12012 seriously has something great going on with the heavier tracks. Its near death metal territory, super creative, and pulls no punches. Just in your face brutality. Id love to see a full album with more tracks like these. BOSS. ALONE didn't interest me at first when I first heard it but it quickly grew on me. If I were to place it in the bands timeline, Id also put it somewhere in their earlier albums. It puts you in the chill mood and I could def see myself waving my arms from left to right singing the chorus. I really enjoy this track and its a nice break from the intensity of the other 2 tracks.

AQUA: I listened to this and forgot it was on because it was super subtle. Then I realized it was 9 minutes....why? 

This is one of the best releases of 2014. I am sad to see 12012 go after this. They finally capitalized on a sound and now they're going on hiatus. I hope they realize they have something great going and decide to resume activities. If they do disband (God forbid), I wouldn't be mad. This was a valiant effort put in by them

9.5/10

XII is 12012 at their best.

01. Vicious Of Absolution:

-As composed by Hiroaki, historically the band's lead compose, The string opening set the song up to be much more somber and passive than expected. Wataru sings smoothly in a low-mid range throughout. The tone of the song is forlorn but curious and wandering, tumbling between slight tension and depressiveness and hopeful questioning. Despite the mellow progression, this is a very interesting full length opener. It immediately gives the impression that we are closer now to pre-2010 12012 than we have been since the first hiatus, somehow without losing anything else. (4.25/5)

02. Story Of A Different Dimension:

-The most energetic track on XII opens with manic guitar riffs sounding like it was built from fragments of many different riffs from different moments in 12012 timeline, it's a very surprisingly catchy riff once you hear it a few times, the first time it is simply hard to remember from how it jumps around. Classic, emotionally driven Wataru vocals that will get fast traction with long time 12012 fans and hopefully new ones alike. The chorus starts off playing with the high vocals that he has been throwing himself into for the past 2 years, and ends up unfolding into something truly great before folding flawlessly back into the main riff of the song. Difficult not to keep repeating this one. (5/5)

03. The Red:

-Wataru's piece of the story. Heavy. Immediately embracing the heaviness of the band's "current" state. Unapologetically metal, the harsh vocals have seen significant improvement too. The first growl is accompanied by an awesome riff which reminds me a lot of Shitataru Mourou from Dum Spiro Spero. The Red actually branches out into quite a well-rounded song. The screaming segment at 1:32 seems initially like a bit of a cheap pop (throw surprise heaviness in your face following calm and quiet) but the short vocal part from 1:51-2:10 had me absolutely hooked. THEN the song goes right back to the previous screaming part, now reinforced, sounding more powerful and more fitting all at once. It was at this point I knew I had more than enough to love about this one. Even if the second chorus doesn't have anything new to offer, I must agree that the length is a bit too much. (4.5/5)

04. Alone:

-The fourth song on XII brings us back to 12012's former sound again, as well as the soft side of their spectrum. The isolated sounding guitars in the opening are very cool though the instrumentation is very simplistic featuring a strong bass line as composed by Enya Tomoyuki. Normally this is the type of song that they may not have captured me with in 2008, but the current lineup and the sheer emotion that it shows at this point in their career feels special to me, the vocal solo at 3:12 is so moving. (4/5)

05. Aqua:

-The song on this release that I originally saw the most praise for is the one that I am the most torn about. A soft, jazzy lead-in brings us to some filtered, distant sounding vocals that for some reason remind me of Luzmelt. This is the song that you could see may be influenced by 9Goats Blackout and Sukekiyo. I think they actually executed this well, the short guitar solos, heartwarming piano interludes and relaxed strings in the background were all so well received when I heard them. What hurts this song more than it's low energy is the lack of vocal melodies (which I didn't see any of on the other songs on the album) it is essentially a repeating chorus for a whopping 9 minutes. For this to go on nearly as long as Diru's Diablos with only a single line to sing is to set yourself up for challenges. Something a bit reassuring to me is towards the end of the song, once it reaches climax and starts floating out the door, I am reminded so fondly of ANIMA MUNDI, possibly my favorite Rentrer en Soi song. 9 Minutes is still too much, but don't let it scare you away from playing this one while you have time. (3.75/5)

TOTAL: (4.3/5)Stars.

Hope my references and comparisons didn't ruin this one..

12012's supposed last release (before this "indefinite hiatus" that seems more like a marketing gimmick than anything) is here. How is it? How does it compare to their recent efforts of THE SWAN and other ventures into metal that can only be described as "Whatever Dir en grey's doing, let's attempt the same"? Well, for one thing, this sure as hell isn't Sadie. Good thing? Bad thing? Let's go through the tracklist and find out:

1. Vicious of Absolution - First, let me say that if this album were to be judged on its song titles, it would have gotten a 0/10 from the start. "Vicious of Absolution"? "Story of a Different Dimension?" and the cringe-worthy, yet aptly titled "Alone"? Really? Well...now that's out of my system: The mini-album starts with "Vicious of Absolution" which is mostly a ballad that, even in the face of variation of some of the music and instruments displayed, acts in true generic ballad form. The bridge and chorus are the selling points of this song, and they aren't ashamed to show this. Well, they should have been as that hinders anything else that the song had going for it in the first place. A poor opener; but a good way to lay the groundwork for what else is in store.

2. Story of a Different Dimension - Another terrible title with one of the best intros 12012 has ever done. Holy shit, wait...this might be one of the better things they've ever done in this truly spotty "heavy" phase they've been going in and out of for the past few years. This isn't just some shitty and stereotypical diminished scale run (though that comes later), and in that moment I was able to let out a deep breath -- this may start getting better than expected. Just when I thought I couldn't be more surprised, there's a measure that features a descending chromatic line to bridge sections -- did they really just do that? Ok, this is starting to turn out pre-- I started praising this a bit too quickly. After the formulaic catchy chorus, there is a variation in the guitar line of the verse (this song is actually going somewhere!); but suddenly the song ends exactly how it started. How did they fuck that up? How did 12012 take one of the best things they have ever done (better than that riff in Deadly Circus which was legit) and go NOWHERE with it? At the end the track feels like it went nowhere even with the amount of effort clearly put into the rest of the song. Well...things are starting to look like true 12012 form now.

3. The Red - Wow! Dimished scales! Chugging from the guitars! Ok, I'm being sarcastic. This, just like every poor attempt by Dir en grey, is 12012 trying really hard to sound as heavy as possible; but only drawing on things done 100x over by Dir en grey alone (and done throughout extreme metal conventions) to set themselves apart. There's even some half-step trills in the beginning that sound like they want to be badass SOOOO BADLY when it just comes off as a musical joke. Drawing on metal conventions and doing nothing with it has been the curse of Sadie, and even when 12012 are at their strongest there are hints of that inability to truly distinguish themselves in a given genre / style that has made Sadie the joke they are today. In the bridge there is a developmental section of the opening riff but it doesn't do a whole lot with it. Just slides down the scale a few steps and back up with tremolo picking as if that is some revelatory moment in the song that is supposed to surprise us. At this point, with tiny changes being shaped in the verses, I'm tired of these shitty choruses. I used to long for 12012 choruses; but in this song I am interested in everything BUT it -- why? One needs to go through their entire discography and listen to every chorus to find out why. Again, even when it's not a ballad, the Chorus is emphasized so much when that is the last musically interesting aspect of the song. Suddenly, the Verse stops changing and results in just being another throwaway section to close the song out.

4. Alone - Another ballad. There's not much to say aside from summing up my thoughts on the first track. Everything is there in the ballad that you'd expect.

5. Aqua -- Here it is, the big finish to (possibly) 12012's last release. And what a surprise that it's just over 9 minutes long....this, for everyone, should have been the first red flag. 12012 doing a song longer than 5 minutes? No thanks; but I kept my hopes up because for the most part, though largely mediocre, the leaps 12012 have made since The Swan have been pretty significant. Well...this will go down as one of the worst attempts by 12012 at a long track, one of the worst closers by 12012, and one of the worst songs on an album in recent memory.

"Isn't that a little harsh, though? One of the worst songs on an album in recent memory. Surely you can't be--"

No, it's as bad as I make it out to be. With a piano intro and a slow build, we are assaulted with not only a painfully formulaic ballad; but one that -- get this -- DOESN'T CHANGE KEYS FOR THE ENTIRE 9 MINUTES AND 17 SECONDS. WHAT. THE. HELL. In B major with only glimpses at the beginning of a change (in the first 10 seconds), this song goes literally nowhere for over 9 minutes. Repeated chorus over and over again, piano sections, and a painfully slow fade-out that reduces this mini-album to a whimper which is the essence of what's wrong with this release. Truly, this is the only track that is genuinely BAD. You have your typical moments where the band hits the iii and vi chords for that SUPER EMOTIONAL moment, the solo that sounds like it's ripped from a poor tablature of November Rain (not the good solo at the end, I would never expect 12012 to do anything like that), and a progression that sputters over and over worse than one of the worst performances of a Grateful Dead song (when Garcia was nodding off on Heroin stage left), this song is the epitome of what not to do when given the opportunity to write a 10 minute song. Where's the development? The recapitulation? Coda...? Where is ANYTHING that would make this an interesting composition? It's absent, and something that left such a bad taste in my mouth that I had to reassess my experience of the mini-album because of it.

Overall: The first few tracks though largely straight forward and typical 12012 (great ideas, poor execution), there are many moments where I was amazed. I was stunned at what 12012 was able to do given this is their last shot; but this was all for nothing when "Aqua" shows up at the end in all of its 9 minutes and 17 seconds of glory. Aqua is bad, it's horrendous, and sadly ruins the albums finish. This mini-album had SO MUCH going for it; but all hope was lost. At least this isn't Sadie who, given this material, probably would have said "hey, that chromatic line is a bit too harsh on my tender ears. Can we change that to a I-IV-V progression? What's that? We've already done that? Well...can we do it again? OK, let's do it".

Moments of genius and a level of growth they have been missing their entire careers; but ultimately bogged down with lazy writing at times, and one of the worst songs I've heard in a long time. At least this isn't Sadie. At least this isn't "GANGSTA"

5/10

Having not listened to 12012 since SEVEN, I felt that I should have caught up with the previous releases before listening to this last one.

But I couldn't resist.

XII

1. Vicious of Absolution

• That guitar was introduced at such a precise time, kind of like it said "let me take you in and show you the last fruits of our labor, something great set forth for your mind/ears to grasp."
  • That damn voice of Wataru drew me again in after a few years of absence. I don't remember Wataru sounding so great as he does now. I had to look at my iPod and make sure that this was 12012 haha.
  • You can feel the raw talent that has not withered in all his years as he began to sing, like he he's letting us know that this is it.
  • The overall song was nice and calm, the buildup to its highest point in the song was great, although when they hit the chorus, I felt he could've done so much more to make it a much more memorable first track.

2. Story of a Different Dimension

• Fast-paced and the guitar play didn't overshadow the drums.
  • Wataru's singing again is so well defined since I last heard him.

Other J-Rock aficionados (friends) say that this track may have defined the album in a more positive direction had it been the first track. I feel the track was placed just right at #2.

3. The Red

• Since I first started listening to 12012, I've never really gotten used to the growling. Seem so out of place for the style of rock that they play. Yet, they seem to have improved their growls too.
  • Wataru shows us the limitless talent of his vocal abilities that just leaves you astounded. In my opinion, he rivals Kyo (Dir En Grey) at this point.
  • You can't ignore the rest of the band members who help accentuate his vocals even more.

4. Alone

• Haven't heard a good ballad from them in a while.
  • Very addicting sound that feels (not sounds) better the more you play it.
  • You are lying if you didn't sing this track to yourself.

5. Aqua

Oh my fucking god. This may be the BEST song of I've heard this year (maybe even a long time). Yes the lyrics are stuck on repeat, but if you had truly listened to it play, you'd know why.

• This track tests the skill of all the band members in the very best way possible, a ballad. How much playing alongside each other for so many years has changed them.
  • 9 minutes felt like an eternity. By which I mean a lifetime, like someone's entire life has gone by in those 9 minutes. Seasons have come and gone by the further you have listened into the song. Life cut short in 9 minutes.
  • The song just pours out sorrow, you can feel it as they play and through Wataru's singing. A sense of regret and a sliver of hope.
  • I was not ready for him to sing louder towards the end. As he sang, fuuuck man, you could truly feel the sharp wails, the cracking in his voice that pierced your heart as much as he intended it to.
  • Every single ideal piece of instrument played in sync towards the end.
  • The entire song draws you in so far in that the louder play just sets you back like "fuuuuuu why u do dis to me?"
  • I felt goosebumps towards the end too, probably because the song was nearing its end and I didn't want it to.
  • Again, another ending song based off instrumentals. Makes the entire thing complete.

A big FUCK YOU to those who have the audacity to say this song was trash. Go kiss (band you wont stfu about)'s ass somewhere else.

This release proves that they are capable of pushing forward. To those saying it is a Dir en Grey Rip-off, you clearly haven't grasped the reality of J-rock music today. DEG and other groups of their time (early era for that matter) set the standard for most aspiring bands, just like those before who inspired them. There is no copying and no rip-offs, only influences or similarities. Learn the fucking difference. 12012 has incorporated DEG's style successfully into their own music. Fin.

YuyoDrift - While I agree wholeheartedly with your points and applaud your zeal, I think "FUCK YOU" s aren't in order here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion :)

As much as I agree with praising the album, if I were to hand out fuck-you's to every review I clash with... Oh boy..

People who listen to something and automatically decide that it's shit do deserve it.

YuyoDrift - While I agree wholeheartedly with your points and applaud your zeal, I think "FUCK YOU" s aren't in order here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion  :)

They are entitled to their opinion, but an opinion is formed from a perspective, taken from careful observation. A lot of users on here only compare it to older music or music they like. What kind of mindset is that?

You don't go tasting food and say "this tastes like shit" unless your an asshole. 

I appreciate you two not bashing. You guys will be the only ones that I respond to because from the sound of it, you thought about what I said before responding. 

You shouldn't be afraid to argue. It's a forum. :cheers:

People who listen to something and automatically decide that it's shit do deserve it.

They are entitled to their opinion, but an opinion is formed from a perspective, taken from careful observation. A lot of users on here only compare it to older music or music they like. What kind of mindset is that?

You don't go tasting food and say "this tastes like shit" unless your an asshole. 

I appreciate you two not bashing. You guys will be the only ones that I respond to because from the sound of it, you thought about what I said before responding. 

You shouldn't be afraid to argue. It's a forum. :cheers:

Edit: This will only be up for a couple hours because this has nothing to do with the review. If a Mod would like to move it to some sort of rant thread, feel free.

Jesus Christ take that stick out of your ass and relax. People are entitled to their opinion, but not to being a raging dick. If you can't speak your points without having to insult people who disagree with you, do me a favor and don't talk at all.

I'm all for not bashing, but with your comment on people who didn't like aqua, aren't you kind of being a hypocrite?

Also, how do you know how someone formed their opinion? Besides, all the reviewers here explained why they didn't like a certain aspect of the album. I might have phrased it differently, but I wouldn't say that's automatically labeling something as bad.

I personally didn't enjoy aqua as much because I felt it was too repetitive and could have been cleaned up a bit. It was disappointing for me because it had the potential to be even greater.

Not loving the fact that people get totally offended by someone's straightforward discomfort towards certain futile arguments against this release - sure, feel free to criticize this album as much as you want. But if "sounding like Dir en grey" and "having "bad" titles" are integral parts of your criteria (or if you side with people who prefer such criteria)...I might put it mildly as well: get out.

I don't have much to say about the album itself (Aoi Mochi summed up most of my thoughts sweetly), but gotta give my 3 cents:

• "Vicious of Absolution" and "Story of a Different Dimension" have their ultra-nostalgic charm in my book - the former being some sort of "back-to-mid-00s-j-rock"-flavored semi-ballad and the latter for being a proper,superior package of everything they did back in PLAY DOLLs
  • "The Red" clearly shows that they acknowledged most of their faults in self-titled - the hell, the improvement itself is unexpectedly huge!
  • I didn't personally feel like "Aqua" was "too long" - the pacing was neat, not to mention the finish :)

The only mattering downside for me at this point would be "Alone". It's all fine, except that I don't feel "Mar Maroon"-y ballads that much (Wataru sounds quite monotonous too).

All in all, neat album! 8,5/10

That's something I have to get behind, I have never been able to understand people getting turned off by titles. For the life of me, I don't know what constitues a "good" title to other people. if you use your imagination at all, you can at least theorize over the strange ones, which should be fun...

I actually did like the titles on XII so I would be kind of interested to know what makes them so embarrassingly awful? Lol

I still haven't properly listened through the whole mini-album. But I did add this mini-album to a playlist I was listening on shuffle. When the red started playing, I was perplexed. What was this amazing song I haven't heard before? How can I have possibly missed this song?

I was really surprised it was 12012 I was listening to. I have heard only a few songs in my early VK years (I mean songs like cheeky doll which is the worst song ever), and I remember downloading THE SWAN, listening to it, and not liking it at all. 

I'll clearly need to give this mini-album a few more listens after Pretsy praising the shit out of it. Even if the other songs were shit (because I don't really remember the other songs), the red is so brilliant this mini-album deserves definitely :3.0:. Only because the red is so awesome.

That's something I have to get behind, I have never been able to understand people getting turned off by titles. For the life of me, I don't know what constitues a "good" title to other people. if you use your imagination at all, you can at least theorize over the strange ones, which should be fun...

I actually did like the titles on XII so I would be kind of interested to know what makes them so embarrassingly awful? Lol

After reading through the reviews, it looks like no one has based their review score off of the poor song titles. I believe I was the only one to make a humorous jab at them; but people getting worked up over a joke doesn't seem likely. Perhaps I missed something.

After reading through the reviews, it looks like no one has based their review score off of the poor song titles. I believe I was the only one to make a humorous jab at them; but people getting worked up over a joke doesn't seem likely. Perhaps I missed something.

Are you referring to this?

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

@ Relentless:

Loll it's okay I mean I thought you were at least half serious about the titles but it's always hard to tell how serious people are on forums, some people are mega emotional and others do nothing but fuck around, I don't know anyone on here too well either XD

but moreover it made me think of other times where I've heard people go oooon and oooon about how bad a song title is, not really directed at you just a general question I guess, just because it doesn't make sense to me, I am a hopelessly imaginative person (daydreamer) so I could see myself becoming an apologist for virtually any title if it's a song I like lmao.

Sign in to follow this