Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #3: What is your favourite 'era' of Visual Kei?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #3  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite 'era' of Visual Kei?

• 1980-mid 1990s (initial rise of VK due to bands such as X Japan, D'erlanger, L'arc etc)
    • Late 1990s-early 2000s (rise of VK after disbandment of X Japan and Luna Sea. Notable bands included Malice Mizer, Dir En Grey, The GazettE, Alice Nine etc)
    • Early 2000s-late 2000s (rise of subgenres such as oshare kei and nagoya kei. Large amount of newer styles covered)
    • Early 2010s-Present - (seeing more metalcore and dubstep influences. Think Black Gene for the Next Scene, Nocturnal Bloodlust, new GazettE etc)

An Cafe was the start to music for me, the first band I fell in love with! So for me it will always be the early 2000's to late 2000's! I do love the beginnings of visual kei though and wish more people respected and enjoyed that era, I just have so many memories from early oshare kei and a newer happier fun style, it was allot of new band's starting a new wave! 

I'd vote for early 1990s - early 2000s if it was available. xD

Also...

Early 2000s-late 2000s (rise of subgenres such as oshare kei and nagoya kei. Large amount of newer styles covered)

Nagoya kei started to rise in the early 90s.. : /

I guess I'm one of the few people who voted for the 80s-mid 90s heheeh ^_^u

I like bands from all periods but the first period sound wins for me <3

Sign in to follow this