PsychoΔelica

Japanese covers for non-Japanese songs

my fav so far (these guys need to come back)

Not sure if these are mentioned, but Sigh covered a John Coltrane track for their The Curse of Izanagi EP and a Bathory track for a Bathory tribute album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VORkdRau0g

The Bathory cover is glorious. Sigh made it theirs without losing the feeling of the original. Love it.

Gallhammer released a cover demo back in 04, covering one Amebix, one Burzum and one Hellhammer track.

Arkha Sva's covered Mütiilation, Belketre, Vlad Tepes and Darkthrone. No surprise about the three first as this band reeks of the mid 90's french black metal and is somewhat an original tribute to the scene.

Avsolutized...'s covered Setherial, which comes as no surprise as this band reeks of mid 90's swedish black metal and is somewhat an original tribute to the scene.

Cosmo-Shiki's cover of Rock Me Amadeus is pretty great too. Sadly not available on youtube, i think. :(

This might interest @beni:

Superfly and Salyu covering one of the most known U2 songs (GLAY and Utada Hikaru have covered this song too)

Shiina Ringo and Utada Hikaru covering Carpenters' "I Won´t Last a Day Without You"

original

Also, you should never forget the best J-cover ever:

(they even did this

to promote the song, notice the reference :D)

for the Jesus of vk