[Band Battle] SADS vs. 黒夢 (Kuroyume  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

BAND BATTLE

SADS

SADS+o0800059110448712856.jpg

黒夢 (Kuroyume)

news_large_kuroyume02.jpg

Phew, that was one hell of a post! Which Kiyoharu project you prefer and why? :D

When it comes to me, I have a bit of hard time to decide which one I prefer or so, so I gotta play dirty:

Nostalgia/early repertoire-wise: Kuroyume

Current music-wise: Sads

I've spent loads of time listening to Sads and close to none listening to Kuroyume, but I'll go with Kuroyume for sure. The little I've heard by Kuroyume is way, way, way better than anything I've heard from Sads. A whole other level.

I feel bad voting this way, but I went with Kuroyume because I haven't listened to much SADS at all.  I always heard so much more about Kuroyume influencing other bands I listen to (and their Kuroyume cover songs) that I just kinda stopped there. 

I love both, but Kuroyume for sure.

I generally find that with SADS Kiyoharu's voice gets grating faster and the songs can drag a bit. If I compare my favourite Kuroyume song (Beams) to my favourite SADS song (Strawberry), I enjoy listening to the Kuroyume track much more. Plus, Kuroyume's music has so much more variety. There's something I can listen to each day. I find I have to really be in the right mood to listen to SADS.

There's also a charming goofiness and innocence to Kuroyume at times that you don't get much of in SADS.

For example:

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Kuroyume---BEAMS/90e5503f7815ec3a8dce1e5100939583

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5w6up_kuroyume-merry-x-mas-i-love-you_music

http://jame-world.com/_pic/gal/1340a.jpg

http://jame-world.com/_pic/gal/1340j.jpg

I've only listened to Kuroyume, and Feminism and earlier at that. I was under the impression that SADS was pretty much the same thing as their later albums.

SADS had quite radical-ish changes in their sound if you ask me - since they've technically continued from where Kuroyume left off before their hiatus (Ramones/Dead Kennedys worship) and had various points of evolution + complete lineup change - Jig summed it up quite sweetly :)

I have listened to more SADS than Kuroyume, mostly because SADS features more of that industrial grungy rock style that normally appeals to me in and out of Jrock. but Kuroyume without a doubt has more range, and displays the endearing VK tendencies that that make me a more hopeful of a music fan as I am today.

I hate to do virtually the same things as Perez but I can see why you would have to put it this way

I could listen to SADS for hours when I am looking for something solidly badass that fits my taste

but if I am feeling more emotional, nostalgic, or "soul-searching" (looking to make an attachment to a feeling In a song) I would look through Kuroyume instead

Plus, Kuroyume's music has so much more variety. There's something I can listen to each day. I find I have to really be in the right mood to listen to SADS.

My thoughts exactly

I have heard little of SADS and I don't even like most of what Kuroyume have releases (mostly starting at ca. 95), but I really dig the early Kuroyume releases, so I voted for them.

Voted for SADS in the end, cuz almost all of their stuff is at least decent/okay, even the releases after their reunion... while I can only tolerate Kuroyume till the beginning of their punky era.

Sign in to follow this