Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

DELACROIX - Re:do

As requested :3

DELACROIX - Re:do [MP3 320] [2014.08.27]

I never did tried this band out before. So it's my first time! my first impression of this band.

Anyway, I really don't understand this kind of new gerne music not all all.
Clean vocal with Grunting parts and a mix out of rock and brute metal.  It's really something from the last few years which is typical Japanese visual kei shizzel music. Which I normally dislike a lot. But somehow this band knows a way to mix those part pretty good to not let it overlap annoying. (As many bands do so, Gazette and Mejibray, Lycaon as example)
Also when a part of a song get boring again they break in and make the song interesting to listen again, so there is no way that I would skip any song. Only thing I maybe think is that the songs are a bit "long?"
1-3rd song, I do like them. nicely composed.
4rd song, do I hear some Marlin inspiration? totally  Marilyn Manson - Personal Jesus song. (lol) However their inspiration could be done way better. more heavy and deeply. The clean vocal is a bit boring in this song. To less power inside. But it's enjoyable to listen to.
5th song starts with piano and rain sound and then turns into harder metal sound and than in cleaner rock. But for me its a song which I would skip at the next play, it somehow lacks the power I'm looking for in a band. But the composition of the song is nicely done.
6th song starts strong but they could better make this a real full grunt song. and with lesser PIG grunt voice sound. It's nothing special. and the guitar solo.. was that a solo? lol?! they better could skip this song on this album.
7th song - this start... inspirited by dir en grey, Child Pray song?. but after all this songs is just random drumming and random screaming. not something what I like.
8th song. only playing ans screaming into totally mess, it has nothing with rock nor metal to do at all. But still it doesn't get annoying.
9th song its a beautiful soft rock song melody is nothing special but least they cared to make a good song. Guitar solo is alright but nothing amazing special.
10th song again not really a song I like but composed again perfect, so easy to listen till the end.
11th song nice song but I would like it more a bit different. just bit to much random scream etc.

only a little bit to much PIG grunting but after all it's a nice release.
But I won't spent my money on this. because this kind of music is not something I really like.
But it really surprised me that there is a band who really can compose such kind of shizzel in the GOOD way that I can play it at least until the end without thinking "oh man this sound like SHIT".

Rating on own taste: :3.0: it's not something what I would play yet everyday.
Rating without own taste: :4.0: They are going in good direction, still need to work on better guitar. and the "Grunt" isn't perfect yet. Also the vocalist voice isn't unique at all, it's a typical visual voice. If his voice was more unique I would have enjoyed this release more. However they grow into something really good and big. they are still 5 years old so much can happen, and it would be a pity if they would break up.

But yes its a good release, but no it's not the best album of the year. But it belongs in the list of best albums of the year.
So, I'm looking forward to their next release. I'm going to follow this band somehow.

HEY! Thanks for reviewing !! Especially based on a recommended band you didn't even know !

I have sad news if you weren't aware, this band isn't "going" in ANY direction, their disbandment was announced shortly before this (farewell) album was released, another reason why it is so special to me.

I would really like to post my own review here but does anyone know why I cannot paste on MH ?

Really? they give up after 5 years?! (-__________________________-)  

Then there is finally a band who knows how it works... and they break up... which always happens now days. I don't get why bands want to big BIG after 1-2 years. that's simply almost impossible...

IT's REALLY A PITY.

huh?? you cannot copy past? you should be able.

normally it works. Just copy your text and place it here.

Ctrl+V  or Apple+V or simply with your mouse.

If still not works then just place your review somewhere and place that link over here.

01. SE -W+D-

-A fairly typical opening SE track, features mostly electronic sounds with harsh vocal chants, this strikes me as a live-friendly intro. On it's own there isn't much to say about it but It seems fitting to picture them setting up on stage while -W+D- plays. Despite having never seen Delacroix live, I doubt this is just me. (6/10)

02. Misery & Apery

-One of Delacroix's previously released, popular songs. A strong opener with more or less equal parts heavy and melodic, it has been re-recorded for the album. It comes off sounding fresh even to someone who regularly listened to the original regularly. The production has been updated to match the intensity of the rest of the album. I find myself listening to this as much as the new songs on the album (7.5/10)

03. Gauss+

-The first new song on RE:DO. Heavier than the last with a repetitive, old school riff accompanying it throughout. It's at this point that I realize while Mitsuki's chorus melodies have always been strong, his lines during the verses are really getting some extra attention. The guy just writes his vocals differently to most VK vocalists I've heard, one of the things that attracts me to Delacroix in the first place. To me this is one of the best on RE:DO (9/10)

04. Nidome no Jisei

-This is perhaps the song I predict I will be most at-odds with people about. It's heavy, but with a danceable rhythm. The main riffs are appealing, but the chorus is what really stands out. There is something very off-kilter about it, like it is intentionally just barely off-key, this somehow makes it one of the most memorable songs of the year for me. It comes off sounding playful and vaguely sinister. I could easily see it not connecting with people for the same reasons, but if you ask me? (8/10)

05. Hai Shoku no Ame ni Omou

-Another of Delacroix previous songs, perhaps there most popular. Something of a claim to "fame". Some added harsh vocals and intensity help to ease this sizable ballad into it's new home on the more aggressive RE:DO. This is a song with nothing to complain about to begin with, I would say it hasn't been improved but also hasn't been painfully meddled with. Big, emotional, and proudly saluting the band's roots. (8/10)

06. Curse Crimson

-Delacroix pumps the gas with another heavy track. Unfortunately, this one seems to lose it's footing quit early on. While the first minute features some of the heaviest progression of their career, what follows is one of their weakest, flakiest choruses ever. Conveying no real feeling or inspiration to me, I will still occasionally check this song out for novelty value, but I have probably played the song beginning to end less than 5 times. (6/10)

07. Pathological NeoHysteria

-An older heavy song from the Mell-Moth mini album. The title is chanted repeatedly throughout the intro and main riff, shares a strange little old school charm in this way. Verses consist mainly of harsh vocals. Biggest drawback is the almost lack-of a chorus altogether. Some enjoyable clean vocals follow but mostly I peg this as a crowd-uniting live song. Not bad from either perspective, and quite well re-done. (7.5/10)

08. Vermillion

-We come to another remake of a b-side from last year (Misery & Apery single), in conjunction with the previous song, the album progression becomes messy and stagnant. A bit of a sinkhole of patchy heaviness and frantic riffs for a combined almost 9 minutes. Personally I was surprised that this made it on the album, I wasn't particularly excited for it as a single song anyway. There are some more strangely sinister vocals farther in, but it's somewhat difficult waiting nearly 2 minutes for something fleeting. (5.5/10)

09. RE:DO

-We are finally back into some new material. As well as back to something softer. A delicate and slow track which is a direct contrast to the former. This didn't capture me on a complete play, I think my music brain may have been partially numbed from tracks 6-8. On it's own, it's quite somber and almost gives a feeling of knowing that it serves as the title track for this bands' first and last album. Maybe something of a goodbye. This appeals more to existing fans of Delacroix. (7/10)

10. Vascular

-Bias time. This is my favorite song on the album and I have known this since the previews were first posted. The opening riffs are underwhelming. The verse trades off between examples of Mitsuki's best harsh AND clean vocals (similar to that of Gauss+) but then chorus hits and I am the rest of the way in love. Mitsuki's falsetto voice is gorgeous, this I already knew. What I didn't realize is how well he has mastered it and how well he controls it. It's easily one of the most beautiful things I've heard all year, the song is a bit repetitive which means there is no shortage of this. (10/10)

11. Fate of the Primary

-Very well-rounded closing track. Heavy riffs like we have heard in most of the songs, but the song itself is much more positive and upbeat. I am sure they wanted a reassuring sound to leave us with before disbanding. This could serve well as an opening or ending. The ending part of the song is extremely emotional before going out on a familiar riff. It's not their best song, and I believe it could have been a bit longer, but it's very satisfying at the end of an awesome album. thank you Delacroix. (8.5/10)

Final Rating: 4.1/5 stars (how do I do this

It's just plain poo now. ;-; I don't like the gurgling and the re master in general.  The new version sounds horrible. Imo of course...

No I can see what you mean by that, it just didn't bother me much I guess lol !

I decided to mash them up. A Large...LARGE Comparison..... 

Sign in to follow this