sai

Cheesiest Visual Kei PVs!

I know we've had a thread like this before, but it basically died out and with so many new community members I figured it'd be better to remake the thread than revive the old one (not to mention a lot of videos of that one have been removed due too switching boards and YT copyright).

So here it is, feel free to share any PVs that you find atrocious, is it in production quality, having a lame "story", tackiness or just for being absolutely cheesy or over the top. PVs you just find uninteresting for not having a lot happening don't belong here though, make sure the PVs you post have at least some sort of humor factor. I'll start with a few of my favourites :'D

On a thread about cheesy PVs one does not simply forget about Versailles, especially their indie PVs. From the awful CGI rose petals to hilarious vampire storylines and the ever so famous castle where at least 30 other PVs were filmed, Aristocrat's Symphony always earns a few giggles from me when it appears on plug.dj.

Kings of cheese, basically. D should rename to "T" for tacky. The only thing that makes this even worse than Versailles is that they're taking themselves completely serious. Even when being a D stan a few years back, their PVs were really REALLY painful to look at most the time.

Probably filmed with a handicam in any other regular living street. But don't forget about the open forest, where you can see cars passing in the distance. Absolutely amazing and a master piece of our time.

Pls share your faves

NOTE: Please try not to post more than 3 videos to avoid lag!

Rouage revival music, but what is going on here??? It's a mix of black and white movie clips, random shots of Europe, and distinctly low quality live footage that just loops a lot.

I would say "Never Forget," but unfortunately I try my best to forget every day and it isn't working.

what

6/5 video editing - the loveliest part of budget vk :)

Very neat song, but the pv is basically a collage of the most generic greenscreen vk PV effects (you could imagine bands like Phantasmagoria or even Rin doing this?)  :/

Despite being one of their classics, they overdid the elements that were incorporated in my first link (no seriously, it's too much lol)

Totally seconding Piisu's Sadie choice, roflmao :D

I love those PVs and I 100% on the Versailles one, the rose petals gets me every time I see that part. xD Gotta love 'em though.

I'll probably edit this some time later because I'll probably remember other PVs, and want to see what others will include here. Seeing as I'm sure there's a load of golden indie VK PVs which would be right at home here, I'll just have to remember them over the day (apologies if I forget but I;m sure they won't be missed here : 3) I'm really glad to see such a thread come back, even if there's already been one so that us new lot might be able to join in on past subjects. It's really fun to go through and contribute to! These probably don't exactly fit into 'cheesiest PVs' but as you brought up PVs that should have 'humour factor' and be 'absolutely cheesy,' I just can't see these not being included. But unlike sai's posts, I'm pretty sure these aren't even meant to be serious aha. (Can probably think of more Oshare Kei PVs which are just TOO over the top.. the majority hah)

Nijigen Complex, probably the best known song of an alter-ego band (my guess at least aha), this is Kiryu's My Dragon. Probably was meant to be just plain bizzard and random anyway, I find this PV so hilarious and so bad at the same time. xD I feel embarrassed just watching this. The CGI, costumes, makeup, stage sets.. I don't even.. It's quite painful to watch and yet at the same time, I laugh my head off at its utter weirdness. 

Just by its name, This Is A Pen, I think you know what to expect. While this may fit into something like 'cheesiest lyrics/song title' than a PV thread, I just think the random deep monologue in the middle of the song, the massive, simple font of the lyrics jumping up onto the screen, and the cuts in the video to someone writing is just too comical and simply thought up it's just so.. I don't even know about this one too. xD I just can't look at a pen the same way before as the song plays in my head every time. ><

Any of Golden Bomber's PVs are just golden. Everything about them I just.. (expecting 'I don't even..?' xD) I just love them too much, my god, that dance and PV as a whole. *dies happy* That is all I have to say and add for now : 3

There's s far too many, especially among the older vk PVs. XD But among the more recent ones, this ones comes to my mind right away:

Yeah. We get it, guy. You work out.

Their costumes still look great, but those special effects...it doesn't help that they're accompanied by loud, obviously fake sound effects that make it look even more like a bad kids show.

I've also never understood why Daishi has to climb down from the cloud twice. Did they just do two takes of that and not know which one to choose?

マーディレイラ can't be missed in this thread. The cheap forest-y location, some deserted shrine, chaotic shots and simply all the kote-kote screeching.

One of the worst yet best (in the cheese-category) PV's out there by 藍華柳. I always loved just how terrible this one was.

I always think Malice Mizer's PVs have a certain aesthetic to them which just renders them art. Hard to tell the cheesiness in them, but there are certainly ones who go a bit "over the top".

Dear Dolce was the queen of factory-made VK cheapness, but PIECE's 夢幻の空へ PV has the absolute cheesiest lens flare usage ever (right at the beginning of the clip):

Hilarious, how it just rotates around the frame, while we observe the band members looking "wistful" in slow motion.

Rentrer en Soi's Last Word PV.

Love the song, but the video is so literally done. That and the cheesy filters overload the feels.

Moments of maximum cheese

-0:30 - Satsuki looking directly at the camera and wording his vocal part. (All the other dubs are really badly done too)

-1:12 - "Kokora ga itai/My heart hurts" ~~ grabs chest

-2:03 - "FEEL MY FEELS"

-2:18 - Gypsy Takumi