MikuKun

少年記 (Shounenki) - In The Sunlight

Artist: Shounenki

Single Title: In The Sunlight

Score:  :4.0:

A new band shining sunlight for everyone to see!

Now I would like to start this by saying that I have truly become a massive fan of this band and I really love most of everything they have released, in fact I was curious if anyone knew the member's of this band's previous band's so I could hear what they sounded like previously.

Track number one out this two song live distributed release is the title track called In The Sunlight, this song is very beautiful and unexpected, the song start's with some nice and somber piano, acoustic guitar and what sound's like slight maraca work in the back round, then the lead singer's voice kick's in and it just work's for me! His voice sound's so nice, it sound's like he is right in front of me and staring me in the eyes, he start's with some very nice vocal's at a softer tone then goes into some very pretty falsetto note's. Then the drum's start and the whole song just come's together, the chorus is very good it get's stuck in my head for hour's, the second half of the song is where everything ties together and is executed very well. Toward's the end of the song the pace is changed and there is a moment where everything fade's out except for the lead vocal's and some piano, here is where the vocalist hit's gorgeous note's then the chorus is repeated for the third then fourth time but it does not feel repetitive nor tiring, it's just right!

In the sunlight's pros: Amazing vocal work, very nice piano work, great guitar work to keep it pleasant to listen to, the drum work is also nice and rather playful

In The Sunlight's cons: I couldn't really hear bass work, that was disappointing, beside's that I loved the single!

Track number two is Namida No Utagoe, now this song kind of follow's the same pattern as In The Sunlight but it is allot more fast paced and has some distinguishing feature's such as the clapping along with the piano in the beginning and throughout a couple of verses. This song features allot more fast paced and energetic drumming and vocal work than the single, also you can hear more bass work throughout the song! The piano work is very nice in this song just as in the single and it seem's to just fit in, the piano never feel's like it was forced in, like in plenty of other visual kei releases. The guitar solo in this song is perfect, it doesn't detract from the energy nor feel boastful, there is also acoustic guitar throughout the entire song. Now the number one thing that makes this song great is the vocal performance! Kou the vocalist was on his best for this release, he didn't miss a beat, his voice was just so gorgeous throughout both song's that he amazed me! This song was so good I wish it was the single but either way they both were great!

Namida No Utagoe's pros: Very nice use of piano and clapping to give a very fun feeling to the song, high energy throughout the whole song, guitar work that didn't bore me, pretty nice and playful drum work that helped keep up the energy throughout the song, top notch vocal performance yet again by Kou!

Namida No Utagoe's cons: The bass still didn't feel very present, there were moment's where you could hear it but it wasn't very noticeable, other than that there isn't much wrong with this release!

Summary: This single definitely shined some light into my life and made me smile! In The Sunlight is a great release and I would recommend it to anyone! Give it a listen, it's on their youtube channel!    

post-9985-0-92172000-1411695788_thumb.jp

The falsetto on this one was very impressive. Someone mentioned that he sounds like a deeper version of Yugiri of DaizyStripper and I somehow totally agree

I think he sing's allot better than Yugiri even though I'm a huge Daizystripper fan, I think Kou will improve more than Yugiri will. Although maybe it's just vocal preference, I would love to hear opinion's on the band though so please anyone who has anything to say, please do say something! It's nice to know other people in this world are reading something I wrote and I would love to hear what people have to say! 

I'm inclined to agree really, I can already say Kou seems to have more going for him, he gets that high range while sounding less strained, and he can sing from much lower of course too. I am also a DaizyStripper fan but I always found Yugiri to be limited.

Yeah Kou seem's like he has allot of time to get even better than he is now while Yugiri still need's to kind of prove that he can try something new, I've heard Kou hit many different ranges of vocal diversity on their mini album's and single's, Yugiri has too, but it feel's like more often than not he play's it safe, that's how i felt about Daizystripper's newest album too. I thought that they played it so safe that it was an extremely boring album, I know at that time they had lost Mayu but they basically released a single collection with a couple new song's that were made with the most basic songwriting structure they could think of. 

I'm starting slowly to fall in love for this band too.

I love Kou's voice in particular. He has a powerful and beautiful voice which attract me so much (I'll compare his voice to Adele if you allow me to - you know, this type of simple tone but which has a little something in it, you don't know what but there is something attractive. This is my thought with my limited words, what a frustration ._.).

This release is impressive, both songs are incredible, well executed.

I'm gonna buy their full album when it'll come out one day (I hope so, and I hope that these songs will be on the tracklist).

:5.0: , for sure.

I'm starting slowly to fall in love for this band too.

I love Kou's voice in particular. He has a powerful and beautiful voice which attract me so much (I'll compare his voice to Adele if you allow me to - you know, this type of simple tone but which has a little something in it, you don't know what but there is something attractive. This is my thought with my limited words, what a frustration ._.).

This release is impressive, both songs are incredible, well executed.
I'm gonna buy their full album when it'll come out one day (I hope so, and I hope that these songs will be on the tracklist).

:5.0: , for sure.

I feel ya. I'm really hoping the next release is their 1st album.

Finally I received it today, and it's a perfect single !
Just, it's criminal to sell it just at only one date !

I think for me the title track is their most beautiful ballad song.
The second one, is sensitive and catchy. Melodies are greats once again, and the refrain so addictive.

Best band and especially best singer among the new vk bands of recent years.
Can't wait for BANG ME, and hope a full album soon too ^^

It's definitely one of the best singles in VK I've ever heard!

In the Sunlight is simply beautiful, great vocal work by Kou (all the praise he receives is justified) and I love it. 4/5

Namida no utagoe is for me the epitome of a great song, it's more complex than In the Sunlight, has a great yet unused melody, lovely backing vocals and shows again the great range of Kous voice. It is a bit more innovative than the A-Side and for me one of their best songs. 5/5

WHY is this single live-limited?

WHY is this single live-limited?

ia with you :s. They need to add these two on their 1st album (or I'll be pissed lol)

I want to say thank you to everyone who has read this and commented and brought some light to this wonderful  band that is bringing light to us!! I hope we can make more fan's for this band!! Thank you!  

Really great single, Namida is addictive = fact.

I need to admit that band sounds seriously (on cd). Vocalist is talented in some kind of way but I'm affraid he's voice is not good enough during live performances...

Next time I'll be in Japan will check their live skills.

Wish them bright future.

BTW compare to Yugiri..hmm I've attended Daizystripper live performance in past and need to say Yugiri's vocal is very solid. Solid enough to perform Sadie's Meisai , which he did, in impressive way!