Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

ADAMS - Akisame

Finally after a while we hear finally something from ADAMS again. Well their last album was also released this year around their European tour. However didn't like the album. Somehow it just sounded boring to me. So yes I was happy to hear the news about the new single "Akisame". Because ADAMS is the best in releasing singles!

Akisame means something like "Autumn Rain" or maybe "Rainy Autumn"?

The song Akisame start with ADAM singing and it has a happy tune. It reminds me a lot of "ONE AND ONLY" it doesn't remind me of "boku no sei" or "seseragi" at all. Even if the song has a "happy tune" it doesn't tell you a happy story, the story is about broken love. That you have loved someone so deeply that even RAIN cannot help you to get rid of the pain. It continues to tell the story where it stopped at Seseragi. The melody is a mix of typical pop and a bit of rock elements, it also reminds me to some older anime music tracks. it has guitar elements but also keyboard aka computer made melodies inside. which made this song not really a sad song. ADAMS voice is good as always but he could make this song even more sad with singing with real broken love feelings. However because of singing this way it makes me feel that he simply sings happy to get rid of those sad feelings. But I don't get the image of a rainy dark Autumn day when I listen to this song, because this song really make you feel to go out dancing. (dancing in the rain maybe?) After all this song is really enjoying and that makes this song good. I really like it.

NUDE start with a church clock. Which remembers me actually of a church clock sound if someone has died. (lol) But it's not a depressive lyric at all...(hahaha) Somehow because of this clock it let me feel as it is a sad love song too. But after reading the lyric the ringing bell reminds me of a xxx movie. The first xxx movie. Who also had such ringing bell at the end of the movie... yes I'm talking about "Deep Throat" xxx movie. (lol) The lyrics of this song doesn't make that much sense. The lyric of this song isn't that important. The lyric is really filled with sexual thinking. A good song to play when you are with your lover in bed doing xxx things. The melody let you also think of nude things... eh nude? naughty nude things. It's a melody which you can easy enjoy.

Both melodies are actually typical catchy pop songs. It aren't really rock songs but they have also a little taste of rock. In the next works of ADAMS I surly gonna miss the sound of the guitar since they totally going industrial in their new works. But I guess the pop industrial way?! so more the electronic way... but industrial is also electronic.
There wont be any ADAMS fan who won't like this single. It's impossible to not like this. However I really think that it is really important to read the "translations" of both songs. because it makes it more easy to feel the music more deeply and to understand the songs better.

However I still got one tip for ADAMS. put more feelings inside the vocal. ADAM is a great vocalist but yet I cannot clearly hear if he sings a sad, sexual or happy song without reading the lyric.
And I also wonder how a pure dark rocking ADAMS would sound like. (lol)

My rating for this single.
MELODY: :5.0: simply because you like it at the first play
FEELING: :3.5: because while listen to it you won't understand the real content of the lyrics.
LYRICS:
Akisame :5.0: perfect written lyric. really beautiful.
NUDE :2.0:could be written more deeply, words are simply way to random and sentences simply doesn't make that much sense.
OVER ALL: :4.0:Its a nice single which you won't regret buying.

So what are you thinking?

You can listen to the single OVER HERE

and again my review is a bit vague... but somehow this single doesn't let me write a good review. Maybe because it's to much pop for me?

Sign in to follow this