Sign in to follow this  
Lestat

[HELP] Chrome 37 font rendering problem.

I am uncertain whether this is the correct tab to post this thread in, so to any moderator, feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

Does anyone know how to fix the 'improved' font rendering on the new version of Google Chrome? I know that you can turn DirectWriting on and off, but this doesn't fix all fonts for me, nor does it improve the terribly looking Japanese (and any other non-Latin language) font. 

As you can see, the unicode and Japanese look horrid on my Chrome version [ image: http://i.imgur.com/T98nT9U.png ]. I've tried out some methods people suggested on the internet, but I am not that advanced with things like this and only know the basics around a computer's hardware and such. 

Yes, this is exactly what I already stated in my first post? But turning this off only works for regular latin fonts. It does not work for Japanese, unicode, or any other non-latin language/font in certain sizes. It renders it normally on a normally displayed font-size, but it doesn't work when the font is smaller.

I actually like the new fonts xD. But is it jut my problem, or wgen you open the new tab, the thumbnails with frequently visited sites don't load sometimes? I use these all the time, so it's annoying. When I open the new tab again, that's when they only load.

I've had the same problem on several updates. Seems to come and go somewhat randomly...

The only thing I've seen online is the DirectWrite thing, which you mentioned. I just “brute-forced” the problem and uninstalled the offending fonts ^^; It's not ideal, but the annoyance of the ugly font was too much.

If you want to go that route, you can right click the offending text → Inspect Element → on the right side, click Computed tab → near bottom of that window, you should see Rendered Font → that's the one you need to uninstall

Again, it's not a good solution, but...~

Sign in to follow this