Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

OMG FF7 Remake and The Last Guardian!

I just need a PS4, it looks so beautiful now.

Waiting for KH3 today (:

---

Fumito Ueda about The Last Guardian on twitter:

@fumito_ueda: Since last summer, I've been working from a smaller studio I formed with the original staff who helped make Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

@fumito_ueda: Together we hope to challenge our personal creative limits & the possibilities of what games can be, both with The Last Guardian and beyond.

The Last Guardian and BEYOND :DD

lmao i missed a bit of the presentation and for the first few secs I thought that trailer for Arkham Knight was an HD remake of FF6 oops

also minions game is gotyay

that weird 1930s cartoon style game for Xbone looks real fucking good as well by the way

Final Fantasy X HD didn't get hate for changes, it was hated for bad changes.

So there's going to be Kingdom Hearts 3 news today? Good! Even gets me a little excited. :o

Final Fantasy X HD didn't get hate for changes, it was hated for bad changes.

Mind explaining how they were 'bad' changes?

Division sure got down-graded again it looks so fucking bad. 

I need the new Fallout more than I need to breathe. 

No surprise resurrection for Silent Hills yet :(

Even if the Battlefront trailer was super scripted and probably won't look even nearly that good when it comes out, even just the sound design was enough to make me mark out hard. 

I'm sick of everyone fawning over a FF7 remake... I've had to listen to this shit for the last 10+ years of how everyone wants a FF7 remake and then it was announced today and I have to hear about it just as much as i have the past ten years and then some. Don't get me wrong I'm hype, I'm most definitely gonna play it when it comes out and will probably love it, but I'm so sick of how overrated Final Fantasy 7 is compared other FF games, holy shit the game wasn't that great people, there's at least four other FF games that are better than 7 that i could name right now.

Honestly, for me, FF7 is the ONLY one that truly needs a remake. As someone who was late to the FF scene, I picked up VII-X at the same time when I finally had the money to get a PS2 late-ish in to it's life cycle. At the time when FF7 came out, the graphics were probably awesome, but honestly, those character models are truly off-putting. I was a huge reason as to why I couldn't really get in to the game. VIII and IX are soooo much better in that regards. So to ME, this feels like they are finally making an FF7 that I really want to play.

It's not 9 so I'm not that hyped, but I will probably pick it up anyway since I haven't played more than probably 20% of it.

Remember Dirge of Cerberus though? Barely.

Is there going to be a WiiU Animal Crossing? I saw they're making new resident Amiibos 

As I am more of a retro gamer, the only thing I am excited about right now is the FFVII Remake.

Now, I don't have too many expectations on it, I'm just happy that it's finally happening.  Plus, I'd really love to see their take on the remake, especially for those funny scenes like Cloud crossdressing, haha.

Still would be nice if they kept the turn-based system though, hopefully.

And it's true that there are plenty of good FF games out there, but I would still consider FFVII as my favorite since it was my first FF game, and also from my early childhood.  FFVII is the one that tops my list for giving me that nostalgia.

Is there going to be a WiiU Animal Crossing? I saw they're making new resident Amiibos 

They logically should. I mean, they released an AC on every console, starting from the N64. Plus, the gamepad is perfect for this type of game. Maybe for next year? The rumour is still growing strong amongst the fans.

OMG OMG OMG Kingdom Hearts 3 !!!!

Sooooo beautiful !!!!!

I cried when saw this (இ﹏இ`。)

I can't handle myself for this to come (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡

Also World of Final Fantasy looks really interesting.

Was really hoping we would get a release window for FFXV. Guess not lol

Square revealed earlier through some vid on their youtube that they're planning to start full promos for XV on Gamescom (possibly TGS) but they already said it would be skipping E3.

DIDNEY WORHL

Is KH3 the last part of the story? I read that the games up until now are only 1 of many story arcs in the works.

KH3 is the last part of "these enemies" or something. It should conclude the fight Sora's been in with heartless and whatnot for the past games. Kingdom Hearts is a series that will continue even after 3's released. Not entirely sure if it'll continue being Sora for a lead though.

The only thing that matters to me right now is that NieR 2 is a thing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEAzs9Jbs_w

I never thought this would be happening in a million years and was totally out of left field, omg this was such an amazing surprise that totally left me speechless. also I couldn't think of a better studio than Platinum games to be working on it.

The only thing that matters to me right now is that NieR 2 is a thing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEAzs9Jbs_w

I never thought this would be happening in a million years and was totally out of left field, omg this was such an amazing surprise that totally left me speechless. also I couldn't think of a better studio than Platinum games to be working on it.

I've been meaning to pick up this game for a long time and now there's a second one coming..

Trailer looks amazing nevertheless.

Beside being amazed at the gameplay in the earlier releases (seeing my cousin play this every single day of his life), I never really cared much for the Final Fantasy franchise as a whole. Too many cut-scenes, too little gameplay to actually play. I have FFXIII but I can't find it in my desires to proceed any further than where I've ended up at because it is just incapable of grasping me. I think they're better off just making movies out of this. 

Beside being amazed at the gameplay in the earlier releases (seeing my cousin play this every single day of his life), I never really cared much for the Final Fantasy franchise as a whole. Too many cut-scenes, too little gameplay to actually play. I have FFXIII but I can't find it in my desires to proceed any further than where I've ended up at because it is just incapable of grasping me. I think they're better off just making movies out of this. 

Press X 13 isn't worth the 30 hour grind it demands to become fun. If you really want to breeze thorough it, I recommend skipping all cutscenes until Chapter 11. Even if you watched them, the game does a bad job of explaining what's going on. So bad in fact that there's "Datalogs" which contains all the information that wasn't in the cutscenes but that was necessary to fully grasp said cutscene.

It's the perfect game to play when drunk, wanting pretty visuals and wanting to put no effort into thinking to play.

I really don't get the buzz behind FF7 remake, and this comes from a person who still adores the said ORIGINAL game to this day...like, why do you favor such an easy kill of nostalgic PS1 intrigue? Do you really need some uber HD-fied CGI cutscenes or other (un)necessary game-changing frills to improve your gameplay/storyline quality? You might as well go and mod the upcoming, or current FF games to suit your "revamped" FF7 needs in case it's CRUCIAL (Morrowind fanboys did the exact same thing in terms of Skyrim modding too...?)

Would love to see where they went with Shenmue this time though (been a while so I am highly interested in "next-gen" ideas and how they will fit into the "mold" of series' unique world/gameplay)

KH3 doesn't look THAT different but I came here for a new Hikki song (her dad "confirmed" that she will do the theme song) anyway so hah, lol.

I really don't get the buzz behind FF7 remake, and this comes from a person who still adores the said ORIGINAL game to this day...like, why do you favor such an easy kill of nostalgic PS1 intrigue? Do you really need some uber HD-fied CGI cutscenes or other (un)necessary game-changing frills to improve your gameplay/storyline quality? You might as well go and mod the upcoming, or current FF games to suit your "revamped" FF7 needs in case it's CRUCIAL (Morrowind fanboys did the exact same thing in terms of Skyrim modding too...?)

Because the new generation wants to play it because of all the hype and they cringe when they see the out dated graphics, it's not nostalgic to them.  I don't understand why everyone has to get all anal about people getting excited about a new gaming experience from an old game.  Ignore them and move on.  I love the original but I wouldn't mind playing it again in HD, just saying.

Because the new generation wants to play it because of all the hype and they cringe when they see the out dated graphics, it's not nostalgic to them.  I don't understand why everyone has to get all anal about people getting excited about a new gaming experience from an old game.  Ignore them and move on.  I love the original but I wouldn't mind playing it again in HD, just saying.

I agree with you there.

I own the original. It's even my first ever FF and I probably wasn't even 11 when I played it for the first time. I love it and I always have, but apparently I'm wrong for even slightly anticipating this remake. Do I want this remake or do I find it necessary? Nah, not really, but now they're doing it anyway I don't see why I can't be a little hyped. Having that full game in great graphics and characters with actual voices AND getting it with an updated current gen touch? Why the hell not?

What I don't understand though, is that I've seen so many people say they want the exact same game and just want Square to "update the graphics and have the characters talk" but aren't they realizing the gameplay as it was in '97 on PSone won't do for PS4 and our current gaming generation? They're not solely remaking the full game for everyone's childhood sentiments. Nomura even said something about that, telling people who just want the game as it was to download the port when it's coming to PS4. They're not putting in this much money only to please people who grew up with the original. No, they're bringing that original which so many people loved back then to the current times, so that they can have a whole new generation of gamers experience it in current standards.

Oh wow... I'm glad these guys took notes from the first game. Not sure why they didn't show this in any of the conferences but Deus Ex: Mankind Divided looks incredible. It seems that the connections from the old original game will be much more relevant now.