Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

Kotaku is cancer as far as I'm concerned, stopped going there years ago. It's a bunch of clickbait-y circlejerk articles and a bunch of random shit they try to pass off as industry news, but really most of the time they're just grasping at straws trying to stay relevant. Also more on a personal note, whoever over there that does the anime REC articles,  has really shite taste most of the time, in my opinion.

They did it to my chibi-robo baby, and now they are doing it to my pikmin babies... NINTENDO, STOP turning all these old GameCube games into side scroller games on the 3DS. 

You can bet your ass I'm gonna get it still, especially for the amiibo.... it also looks so cute though still.

has there been ANYTHING good shown at E3 so far?

On 2017-6-11 at 9:52 AM, Tokage said:

has there been ANYTHING good shown at E3 so far?

Yes. 

I'm anti Microsoft/Xbox but their line up of exclusives this year had me a little jealous! (then I realised I can get most of the ones I want on PC) 

I can't point out good releases because I don't know what you're into, but definitely some good stuff announced so far! 

19 hours ago, Flame-X said:

THIS I'm excited for.

YAAAASSS GAWD YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS xenoverse WHO???

I might just get me a PS4 just for this ♥

Edited by sheepprincessgara

TWO new metroids, holy shit. i hope at least 1 of them is good lmao.

Mario Odyssey looks AMAZING as well, i'm in love. also enjoying the look of that new Yoshi game, but i don't have much faith in terms of gameplay, all yoshi games i've played other than SMW2 haven't really impressed me much...

Edited by Tokage

On 6/11/2017 at 10:24 PM, Flame-X said:

THIS I'm excited for.

My body is so ready for this. Can't wait to master those insane combos, more so play something I never thought would happen..DBZ and Guilty Gear's Love-Child. 

21 hours ago, Gaz said:

super excited about Metroid: Samus Returns! finally a playable Metroid game in ages. 

A2MR, Axiom Verge and Environmental Station Alpha have been out for a while though.. ; ^ )

I'm very interested in MP4, since MP1 was one of the best games I've ever played.. Still not gotten around to parts 2 and 3 tho, and I think it'll be harder to find the original GC version of 2 for a fair price these days :///

53 minutes ago, Tokage said:

A2MR, Axiom Verge and Environmental Station Alpha have been out for a while though.. ; ^ )

I'm very interested in MP4, since MP1 was one of the best games I've ever played.. Still not gotten around to parts 2 and 3 tho, and I think it'll be harder to find the original GC version of 2 for a fair price these days :///

just play them on dolphin emulator bruh! also MP2&3 aren't as good as 1, just sayin... they are still worth playing tho.

if anyone is interested I have a YT playlist I've been working on with all the E3 2017 trailers/demos/interviews so far... Still adding stuff since it's not over yet.

I'm gonna wait till this weekend, but I'm also gonna do a highlight write up in this thread about my favorite games at the show, coming soon.

4 hours ago, Tokage said:

wasn't aware of A2MR, but the latter 2 aren't even real metroids. yeah, it's metroidivania and shit, and very good shit on that i can agree, but still they failed to give me dat awld metroid feels i always get when i play nes/snes/gb/gba metroids for n-th time. 

On 2017-6-13 at 9:57 PM, chocobuzz said:

Anyone else here hyped for Assassin's Creed Origins?

YESSS!! 

I only played 2 hours of the first AC lol. 

Egyptian concept though!?? COUNT ME THE FUCK IN. 

Why haven't more games been placed in an Egyptian (or inspired by) setting? This is so gorgeous and interesting. My creative juices feel stimulated 

that fucking €800 collectors edition tho

l m a o

I am I the only one who thinks the new Mario looks jank? It looks like they couldn't figure out what to do and the art direction is just an utter mess.

I think the jank's endearing, it at least helps to make the worlds look distinctive, as opposed to i.e. the NSMB-series games which I find to look extremely monotonous and boring aesthetics-wise... then again, maybe playing romhacks intensively has made me immune to jank lol

Edited by Tokage