Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

This news isn't that new, but did anyone check out P.T. the teaser for the new Silent Hills game? I was just watching some gamplay footage on Youtube but it's already dark outside and, not gonna lie, I almost peed my pants a little.

It looks amazing and I have this love/ hate relationship with horror games so I kinda can't wait.. ?

I played it last week, it is insanely creepy and very good at the scare factor!  I was pretty much on the edge of my seat the whole time haha.

The story is set in a land of the gods known as Alfheim. The once proud race of dragons are ruined, and their souls are crystallized and scattered across the world. One day, a dragon named Yuuma Irvan is discovered, and dragon slayers from the imperial army and church set out to find him.

A girl saves the dragon from the dragon slayers, and they gather the Dragonars. The Dragonar warriors play musical instruments called Armonics that resonate with the dragon's soul.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-07/ps3-shining-resonance-rpg-opening-streamed/.78458

Hope this game makes it to the US.

Also, Sai, Ar Nosurge for the PS3 is going to be released on Sept. 23.

Square Enix Would “Love To” Bring Dragon Quest X To The West

dqx_thumb.jpg

Speaking with Dragon Quest executive producer Yuu Miyake and mobile producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto at PAX, Siliconera enquired about the prospects of Dragon Quest X, the first MMORPG in the series, being brought over to the West. Were Square Enix interested in bringing the game over at all?

“We’d love to do it!” Miyake and Fujimoto exclaimed. “Love to.”

“In terms of this being an MMO, again, we have to consider the operation and logistics of how to make that feasible,” Miyake elaborated. “We also have to think about it from a business standpoint. With Final Fantasy XI and XIV, it’s a global-scale endeavor. In terms of Dragon Quest, the way it’s perceived in the different countries is very, very different. How it’s perceived in Japan is different than how it’s perceived in the United States.”

“In addition, we’d have to build a new data center for pretty much every location, and we need to make sure that makes sense as a business. We want to be able to operate in the different regions. Again, we would love to do it, but we’re still trying to work out the details and figure out what would work best [were we to bring it abroad].”

Dragon Quest X is also the first internally-developed Dragon Quest game at Square Enix. Previous games in the series have been worked on by various studios, including ArtePiazza and Level 5, but Square Enix chose to develop the MMO themselves. We asked Miyake why that was.

“In Japan, you have your outside developers who understand Dragon Quest and know what’s appropriate for a certain platform, so we worked with partners that knew what they were doing as well as what Dragon Quest was, and in that way it was a great partnership,” he replied.

“With Dragon Quest X, because it’s an MMO, the team thought, ‘Okay, what company in Japan knows MMOs the best? Wait, that’s us! We’re running Final Fantasy XI, so, why not do it with an internal team?’ So, the concept isn’t about working with an outside company versus an inside company, it’s more like who works on a specific title and platform the best. We’re all kind of the same if you look at it from that perspective.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/04/square-enix-love-bring-dragon-quest-x-west/#SB13amXoVhErXw4O.99

well at least they are considering it... I doubt it will happen tho. Hell I would be happy if we could get some fan translation patch of the game similar to Phantasy Star Online... but sadly DQ isn't that popular here...

I played it last week, it is insanely creepy and very good at the scare factor!  I was pretty much on the edge of my seat the whole time haha.

Yeah, those horror games that require you to think and do shit instead of just running around like a crazy person are creepy...

And finally a nice chunk of goodness in this new Bayonetta 2 trailer

ughhh... so good. Though I'm still salty at Platinum for betraying us and only releasing this game on what is virtually a dead console up to this point. I might have to buy a WiiU for this tbh, The first Bayonetta ranks in my top ten games of the last console generation.

Ikr. Are there even any other good WiiU exclusive titels out there? Even though being a Bayonetta fan and supporting Nintendo (because, didn't Sega drop them or something?) should kinda go hand in hand, I srsly don't need a WiiU...

Look at all these new games and consoles I can't afford. I'm not that excited for a lot of titles at the moment because I can't afford a next-gen console at the moment (and I'll probably just wait for a price drop and a new PS4 model).

I pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition for $5 (thank you, countless episodes of extreme couponing) and I'm probably getting Kingdom Hearts 2.5HD Re:Mix for Christmas as a gift. I'll only be able to buy the new Pokemon a few months later probably. That's basically all I'm excited about. I disliked Black Flag so much that I'm not even considering getting AC Rogue XD

yeah I'm not too hyped about rogue myself... but Unity is a different story, I will definitely be grabbing it day one. Also Black Flag wasn't that bad from a gameplay perspective! Just people were pissed that it didn't really have anything to do with assassin's... and even then the story was not that bad. Although definitely gotta say it's the worst creed story wise, but at least Edward isn't as bad a protagonist as Connor :urg:

Speaking of Unity here is some gamrplay of Unity's co-op heist missions

Not gonna lie that does look pretty fun... I'm gonna have to find some people to play co-op with when this drops :)

here's a trailer showing off Call of Duty Advance Warfare's new Exo abilities in multiplayer

This game has me feeling very optimistic... this might just be the Call of Duty that pulls me back in...

and finally a new Bethesda Underground video for The Evil Within

LMAO.

Black Flag lacked what I expected from an AC game, both gameplay-wise as story-wise. While AC3 had the same problem when it came to gameplay (not much opportunities to explore as in AC2, ACB and ACR), I preferred AC3 for having a story I could enjoy more. Connor is actually my favourite assassin next to Ezio, because despite the world he lives in and the cruel fate he's been dealt with, he never ever stops showing kindness and in my opinion that's what makes Connor so brave and such an interesting character. Tis' unfortunate he came after Ezio (which left many Ezio fanboys in true rage because Ezio as a character was way more extroverted and charasmatic than the silent Connor. Basically I understand preferences but I'm sick of people hating Connor because "HE'S NOT EZIO BOO"). I didn't find Edward very likeable for some reason. He lacked character, in my opinion.

I don't have a next-gen console yet so I can't get Unity (though I probably wouldn't on the day of release if I did, Black Flag killed my entire interest in the series LOL).

WHAT I'M ACTUALLY REALLY HYPED ABOUT THOUGH:

I love how far they've come since Origins. I'm so glad Leliana, Alistair, Sten and Morrigan are returning, I missed them so much ;w;

I have high hopes for inquisition as well, but after the horrible disappointment that was DA2 I will most definitely be talking a wait and see approach for the game... Bioware has to earn my trust back after that travesty but I will give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the fact they only spent a year and a half in development for DA2 and were pretty much rushed out the door by EA. If you look at it from that perspective DA2 is actually quite a feat and could be considered decent when keeping in mind what they were able to accomplish with that very short development cycle... I mean come on, even Call of duty has longer cycles than that (2 years) EA are a bunch of scumbags xD I full well expect Inquisition to be really good since they've had ample time to develop it, but I do have worries about it so therefore I will wait to hear some stuff :)

I just came across this official trailer for Fatal Frame V while I was browsing youtube, It's coming out in japan later this month.

Man this looks really good. This is probably something I would buy a WiiU for, but of course you know this would actually have to released here for me to buy it... come on Nintendo this is the kinda third party games we want. We don't want ports of games that can be played on other better consoles, we want games built from the ground up for your console intended for your hardware and most importantly we want these games to be from third party developers because there is just so much mario and zelda that one can take before it starts getting old.

Looks to be an action-RPG type of game. According to Tabata, it will definitely be localized.

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-agito-announced-for-playstation-vita-281300.phtml

Three%20Musketeers-620x.jpg

Also, three more party members and Tomahawk class for Bravely Second confirmed.

http://www.destructoid.com/bravely-second-is-shaping-up-quite-nicely-281272.phtml

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDxg2afpCE

New Final Fantasy XV trailer. No release date yet, though Type-0 HD will come with a code that will let you play the FFXV demo. Type-0 HD is set for March 2015 in Japan. Also, Tetsuya Nomura is leaving the Final Fantasy XV team as lead director. He's doing this so he can work on other important titles such as Kingdom Hearts III.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/tgs-2014-final-fantasy-xv-director-leaves-project-focusing-on-kingdom-hearts-iii

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDxg2afpCE

New Final Fantasy XV trailer. No release date yet, though Type-0 HD will come with a code that will let you play the FFXV demo. Type-0 HD is set for March 2015 in Japan. Also, Tetsuya Nomura is leaving the Final Fantasy XV team as lead director. He's doing this so he can work on other important titles such as Kingdom Hearts III.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/18/tgs-2014-final-fantasy-xv-director-leaves-project-focusing-on-kingdom-hearts-iii

There's so many things wrong with this sentence. Type-0 HD coming out before XV? Nomura leaving XV? What is happening to this game and why is it taking Square Enix so long to finish? Their resources are not in the right places.

I read that XV is taking too much of Nomura's time which means he can't put his full attention on Kingdom Hearts III, where he is apparently more needed according to Square. That I understand, KH is Nomura's baby. Perhaps they have a schedule for KH3 to have it out before a certain year, while with XV it's like "we've been working on this for 8 years already, if we have to make people wait 2 more it's not going to be that dramatic". Though note that FFXV only REALLY hit development in 2011. The game was first announced 5 years before it actually went into development, think about that. That was Square's first mistake. Had they first announced it say, the second year of development, most of this wank wouldn't be happening.

honestly I'm glad he's going to work on KHIII because to be real I'm hype for FFXV and all but I've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts III a lot longer than XV and tbh if I had to say which game I'm more looking forward to it would be KH. Also Zess you do realize Type-0 is a game that has been fully released on psp almost 4 years ago right? A large part of it had already been localized as well before they even announced this port... I would be surprised if it wasn't coming out before XV to be real.

okay on to other bigger and better things, like say this new awesome amazing spectacular Bloodborne trailer!

Like holy shit wow! I need this in my life like right now xD and a release date for February is great, i really didn't expect it to come out so soon.

and then there's capcom's new monster hunter/Dark Souls hybrid thingy called Deep Down

I gotta say it's looking pretty sweet but I'm not totally convinced on it yet.

Okay now I'm fucking excited. This is exactly what the ps4 needed a deep grind heavy SRPG for me to sink hundreds of hours into :D even though we probably want see this localized anytime soon (probably a year or so after it releases in Japan) I'm still really excited about it.

I'M FUCKING CRYING FFXV IS ONLY DONE FOR ABOUT 50-60% AND THEY SAID "IT'S STILL GOING TO TAKE A WHILE".

8 YEARS AND THEY'RE ONLY HALFWAY (though it only hit actual development in 2011 bUT STILL)

In a new interview with GameInformer, director Hajime Tabata has stated that about 50 to 60 percent of the game is complete. “We kind of started from the beginning of the game, so the first part is more complete than the others.”

When asked about a possible release date, Tabata said, “During the “Versus era,” we weren’t able to reveal any information on release timing because that was a project in which we had to overcome so many different problems that arose. Unfortunately, while we were trying to work through the issues, the timing never matched. But about two years ago, when I officially joined the project, we did a pretty major directional change when we decided not to go with the previous generation. I also had to talk with Nomura-san about the direction FF XV is going to take. Unfortunately, it’s still going to take a while, but I’m hoping people will reset their timers from when I joined the team and restart the count from there.”

At least they're being honest instead of Square's usual "please look forward to it" and "we can't release any info on the release date yet". At least judging from this we can basically deduce that this game isn't coming out until at least late 2016. What I can understand from this is that they basically worked on this for PS3 up until 2 years ago and only then decided to make it next-gen, meaning the PS4 title has only been in development for 2 years. I do find it odd they're already releasing a demo of a game that's only halfway done so soon though. It'd be odd to release the demo, then release the actual game two years later.

UPDATE

Update: Speaking with Kotaku, Tabata clarified: this is 50-60% during the two years Tabata has joined the project. There shouldn’t be much of a wait after the demo is out, at least not years and years.

Basically already deduced that, but it's a good thing to hear.

So I just saw that Final Fantasy Type-O is being made into HD for XBOX ONE and PS4 release... 

including North America and Europe

AWESOME

So I just saw that Final Fantasy Type-O is being made into HD for XBOX ONE and PS4 release... 

including North America and Europe

AWESOME

Yes! And if you pre-order it from amazon you get the demo for Final Fantasy XV :D

Did anyone pick up the new Smash Bros.? I'm thinking of starting an MH friendly online this weekend if enough people are interested.

Did anyone pick up the new Smash Bros.? I'm thinking of starting an MH friendly online this weekend if enough people are interested.

I'd love to participate but I'm having connection troubles with my 3DS.

On that note, I LOVE THIS GAME!!!