Spike760

-OZ-

-OZ- just seems to keep getting better and better with each new release.

I have yet to hear a song by them that I dislike : )

And if anyone was still wondering, they are still indies.

Well, what are your thoughts about the new single?

I myself somewhat liked the whole single -there were some top-notch moments and experiments...and some dull moments as well, but the latter doesn't affect the quality of this single really that much so...briefly/bluntly put, I like this - OZ is one of the most promising vk bands in 2012, hands down.

(ps. agreeing with Prophet's last.fm comment about the fact that Natsuki is doing the vocals in "Blast"/"Trusty" as well, I can even hear a bit of Natsuki's trademark "wobble" in that voice)

I did not think this excellent release, I thought the track "Stigma" a mixture of many things, I did not like,when I saw the preview I thought it would be something totally different.

In "BLAST" in gutural seems that Natsuki is singing "PLAYSTATION FOUR" Has anyone noticed this?

Oz is one of my favorite bands now, but I preferred the single Souga.

About oz be the most promising band of 2012: I do not think, think Matenrou Opera is the most promising band of 2012.

I was looking at some news and saw that oz will make the cover of Pierrot in the V.A Counteraction ―V-Rock covered Visual Anime songs Compilation―

Counteraction ―V-Rock covered Visual Anime songs Compilation― is a VA of cover bands that made VKS anime openings.

source: https://www.facebook.com/counteraction2012/info

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Artist/CB60088.html

Sorry my bad english.

Heh, what a coincidence this thread being revived today was... I had "Illegal Sleep" stuck in my head at work today and thought 'damn, it's been too long since I spun some Oz'

Sidenote: the outro guitar in Illegal Sleep is one of the ripping-est effin' riffs in VK.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

I still bang these guys pretty frequently. It's hard to think that they're gone. TBH their disbandment hit me almost as hard as ReS looking back at it.

*getting back into the j rock scene*

....Oz disbanded? :(

5 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

*getting back into the j rock scene*

....Oz disbanded? :(

I can feel you haven't been around j-rock for years)

Yeah, in 2013, I believe.

Out of interest how do we pronounce the band name? Literally 'oz'? As in the wizard of? Always wondered if it was an abbreviation, a reference to Australia, or a nod to ounces XD 

5 hours ago, zaa_zaa said:

I can feel you haven't been around j-rock for years)

Yeah, in 2013, I believe.

I've been away for a couple of years (even though I listened to JRock a lot, I was just not very much up to date with new bands/releases)

Or maybe I just forgot about it and now I'm shocked all over again haha ;D

I always thought it was pronounced just like the wizard of Oz :)

I feel much peoples pain on OZ i just got into the band back when they were still around and then disbanded a month later afterward i like sht... well what do i do now 

3 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

i want to get into this band 'oz' which album should i get?

Versus. Although their 'best of' pretty much covers their entire discography so I'd flick through that to see what era you click with most :)

3 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

i want to get into this band 'oz' which album should i get?

Id say go with there best album youll be able to determine which songs you like there is most of there discograpghy in that

2 hours ago, NICKT said:

Friend of mine was recently in Japan and was watching a cooking show and Natsuki showed up.
Apparently he now owns or works on an avocado farm, if I remember correctly?

Not that I don't believe you, but I do need a source for this.

50 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Not that I don't believe you, but I do need a source for this.

Googling ”アボカド” and the date led me to this:
http://kakaku.com/tv/channel=4/programID=20443/episodeID=1218126/
『元人気ビジュアル系バンドOZの名人が作る極上アボカド』

That is so cool. 👏👏👏 Farmer Natsuki.

Esp since Avocado is popular fruit there. Probably more steady flow of income too than being indie bandomen 👌

Also, apparently his real name is Kunihito Sekine (関根邦仁)

Edited by LIDL

23 hours ago, LIDL said:

That is so cool. 👏👏👏 Farmer Natsuki.

Esp since Avocado is popular fruit there. Probably more steady flow of income too than being indie bandomen 👌

Also, apparently his real name is Kunihito Sekine (関根邦仁)

SHHH! Don't you know that if you say a band man's name three times they can never return to the land of visual kei1?!?!

In all seriousness though, -OZ- was one of those bands that I thought was at the "top" of the indie circuit. Learning that farming avocados is more consistent and lucrative than being an indie visual kei band man is a sobering feeling...