Trombe

Alice Nine contract with PS COMPANY will expire

I kind of don't care that their contract expired. I just hope they find what they want with their current label and they go back and away from wherever they were trying to go with on SUPERNOVA.

To the shining future, come with us.
B2kUXl2CQAEZSDR.jpg

"FAREWELL-LIVE SIDE-" SET-LIST at 2014/11/16:

01.光環
02.ヴェルベット
03.Le Grand Bleu
04.九龍-NINE HEADS RODEO SHOW-
05.RUMWOLF
06.SEVEN
07.メビウス
08.ハイカラなる輪舞曲
09.Scarlet
10.SLEEPWALKER
11.WHITE PRAYER(将×ヒロト session)
12.Daybreak
13.[new song]
14.開戦前夜
15.RAINBOWS
16.SHINING

EN1
01.RED CARPET GOING ON
02.平成十七年七月七日

EN2
01.NUMBER SIX.
02.Waterfall
03.SHINING

I have given up on A9 - not intentionally, but because once this sound was gone:

... my interest faded.  絶景色 [Zekkeishoku] was their PSC Zenith for what I loved about them - but as they got bigger and poppier, I hoped that it was due to label pressure and not musical desire and taste.

There is an ounce of me that hopes their sound will change with the future - but either way - I'm one of those annoying fans stuck in nostalgia over "the old" A9.

I don't think they ever wanted to be a heavy band at all and will ever go back to 2004 a9 sound with the label change tbh.

they always followed sid's formula doing softer rock with a heavier edge for certain tracks, and mostly focusing on delivering the looks.

Zekkeishoku is a thing of beauty, but I agree with nekkichi that I don't think they ever wanted to use a heavy sound full-time. Every softer band was doing it around 2004-2006 for the attention (remember Plastic Tree with "Ghost"?). "Yami ni chiru sakura" is probably just a product of some nostalgia from their Givuss days (even more so given how "Byakuya ni kuroneko" was the b-side of the single).

But yeah, my interested peaked with Zekkeishoku too and disappeared some time before Alpha.

Zekkeishoku is a thing of beauty, but I agree with nekkichi that I don't think they ever wanted to use a heavy sound full-time. Every softer band was doing it around 2004-2006 for the attention (remember Plastic Tree with "Ghost"?). "Yami ni chiru sakura" is probably just a product of some nostalgia from their Givuss days (even more so given how "Byakuya ni kuroneko" was the b-side of the single).

But yeah, my interested peaked with Zekkeishoku too and disappeared some time before Alpha.

Zekkeishoku is also my favorite album, but that is where my interest in the band began.

I've adored all of their music up until after SLEEPWALKER. Everything else has been a hit or miss with me.

I did like 閃光, Gemini -0- eternal, Daybreak, and 開戦前夜 to name a few, but I feel as though they lost their edge when they joined TOKUMA JAPAN.

(I understand that a lot of people enjoy their newer music though).

I believe that's when they stopped making music they created for themselves, and began making music the general public (I forgot how they put it in an interview).

But I do miss the more passionate and melodic sound Shou use to have when singing (ex: jelly fish [original], イレイザー memorie d'une fleur, and atmosphere) **I miss the long vibratos** and when Tora and Hiroto use to produce more of their music.

I don't like their looks in that video. Not appealing.

Anyway, from all their songs, nothing beats Yami ni chiru sakura. One of my all times favourite songs and my signature in 2006.

Seems like "Saga-friendly era" (the way I call their Vandalize/Gemini/"9"-era - for reasons) is not everyone's cup of tea? Awww.

I am still waiting them to top Gemini (show your aces already, Saga!)  :V

Yami ni chiru Sakura/Byakua no Kuroneko is also my favorite single of theirs, Zekkeishoku being my favorite album. Honestly though I find at least one or two songs that I can get excited about on each album to this day.

I think this is the best look Shou has had in a few years.

YES YES YES @ everyone's love for 闇に散る桜!!

Also slightly OT, but I'd love to hear them re-record 絶景色 one day. I mean, if that re-recording of jellyfish was fucking amazing! It's not my favourite album ("9" is, if anyone was wondering), but it definitely has its moments.

honestly Shou's singing was terrible in their first few releases, but he improved dramatically after that. 闇に散る桜 is probably the first A9 release that i liked, and while my interest cooled after 2011 i still find most of what they do these day better than average and easily listenable.

seems like most people loved 絶景色 most, and a handful GEMINI and "9". so am i the only one who's crazy over their VANDALIZE era? :D that album has tons of beautiful tracks with amazing guitarwork that i still play often today. singles from that 2008-9 period were just incredible, especially MIRROR BALL and 華【hæ・nǝ】 (dat oriental epicness *_*). and lets not forget 夢幻 -electric eden- from the CROSS GAME single, which is what i still hold as the band's single best track in their entire discography.

i was curious about them since i first saw them in a magazine, 2004, 

but "sleepwalker" was the first song that i have ever heard of them ,

and since then, i did listen to them time to time.

and hands down "9" was their best album imo ,

gemini was really good as well :)

honestly Shou's singing was terrible in their first few releases, but he improved dramatically after that. 闇に散る桜 is probably the first A9 release that i liked, and while my interest cooled after 2011 i still find most of what they do these day better than average and easily listenable.

seems like most people loved 絶景色 most, and a handful GEMINI and "9". so am i the only one who's crazy over their VANDALIZE era? :D that album has tons of beautiful tracks with amazing guitarwork that i still play often today. singles from that 2008-9 period were just incredible, especially MIRROR BALL and 華【hæ・nǝ】 (dat oriental epicness *_*). and lets not forget 夢幻 -electric eden- from the CROSS GAME single, which is what i still hold as the band's single best track in their entire discography.

I completely agree with you 100%, I always felt as though they hit they sounded their best when VANDALIZE was released.

I enjoyed the band the most from 2006-2009. Both atmosphere and 夢幻 -electric eden- were works of art! Atmosphere happens to be my favorite track from their entire discography.  :wan-09: