Trombe

Alice Nine contract with PS COMPANY will expire

Orite somehow forgot about Screw and Vivid. The first doesn't seem to going anywhere so how's Vivid? At least in here their releases get subzero buzz, but I reckon it's different in Japan?

It always mindfucks me a little bit to think that Japanese fan mobilization is completely different compared to the west

---

I wonder why PSC/A9 let the contract expire. PSC didn't re-offer? A9 declined? Mutual agreement? There's dirt there and I want it!

PSC still has good, successful bands.

They will most likely put a new band on the roster to try and fill that success range, and carry on. Can`t be anywhere close to not making good revenue / profits.

On their site the artists are listed in groups of Major then Indie, and ranked in order of popularity / success.

So:

GazettE

A9

Kra

ViViD

D=Out

SCREW

BORN

Rave

the LOTUS

NAOKI

Gazette is one of the biggest VK bands, Kra, Vivid and D=Out are successful (I would have even thought D=Out is bigger than Vivid).

PSC has had a good roster for a long time, they are good at picking bands, but the problem IMO is they can`t build them, and bands get on their roster, then stay in the same place and don`t reach new audiences. I think every band on the list, including A9 could be much more successful than they are.

Gazette should have been on Sony much sooner, A9 should have been on Universal sooner and left PSC sooner.

Kra should not be in almost the same range after years.

Vivid was one of the biggest ball drops in recent memory.

SCREW has no positioning, what kind of band are they supposed to be.

BORN has been ready to step up for a while, but same old same old.

And most of these bands only tour with bands of the same size, or only get put over by other bands in the label on occasion, like Keiyuu putting over BORN.

A9`s last two albums didn`t do as well in the charts as their first two. They reached their peak of popularity and growth at Rainbows and Vandalize, after that they went into a premature Maturity phase of product growth, and they then changed their positioning unsuccessfully, and got the Vivid treatment of having everything sold based on band members images (almost every Vivid release started coming with most versions featuring just a pic of the band for marketing, then look at Daybreak`s release, and the pictures they used along with the normal pic of the bandaged woman, you can see what marketing stance they changed to, and it provided no gain in sells to further target the market they already held, IMO).

Also, when did Shou say they were going back to basics? I haven`t been following lately, last time I heard him speak of the band`s direction, it was back when he said they thought about what kind of band they wanted to be, and considered the options, including being a VK band, and they decided to just primarily be a rock band.

Anyway, we shall see what happens when A9 leaves PSC, if they do. SuG`s presentation changed to what now seems more organic to them, and they seem happier with where they are at. But then again, SuG and Takeru always had their own idea of how they wanted to do things, and made their own sound, look etc... It will be interesting to see how much input into A9`s product was influenced by their management, and how much was them.

Kra is not popular AT ALL

Third biggest on PSC. Major band. Strong fanbase. Releases chart in the teens or twenties of the Oricon regularly, but have sustained sales over time. Probably better sales than live attendance as they have a wider fanbase than the typical livehouse holds.

More popular than the vast majority of VK bands.

But again, I thought ドウト would be higher up, but looks like Vivid chart third best on the label during their time in the top 30.

Third biggest on PSC. Major band. Strong fanbase. Releases chart in the teens or twenties of the Oricon regularly, but have sustained sales over time. Probably better sales than live attendance as they have a wider fanbase than the typical livehouse holds.

More popular than the vast majority of VK bands.

But again, I thought ドウト would be higher up, but looks like Vivid chart third best on the label during their time in the top 30.

Its nothing, they have a loyal fanbase with people who buys 15 or more cd's. They dont sell tickets enough. Their 13th Anniversary live will happen on Shibuya O-east, RoNo☆Cro will play there and they're active since 2012 HAHAHAHA AND WHO THE FUCK IS RONO CRO 

Srsly, Kra is flop. Sad but true.

ダウト isn't big as well, they're losing too many fans and will lose even more because of Minase. 

Its nothing, they have a loyal fanbase with people who buys 15 or more cd's. They dont sell tickets enough. Their 13th Anniversary live will happen on Shibuya O-east, RoNo☆Cro will play there and they're active since 2012 HAHAHAHA AND WHO THE FUCK IS RONO CRO 

Srsly, Kra is flop. Sad but true.

ダウト isn't big as well, they're losing too many fans and will lose even more because of Minase.

I wouldnt call a band that has been active and selling cds for a decade a flop. And they have been major for a long time.

They regularly play shows for 1k plus crowds even when not tour finales, and Vivid charts in the top ten yet has played for 2k crowds for their finale even after being remarketed to be a band for fangirls.

None of the bands on PSC are flops, they just fail to grow, and nothing changes with the marketing, they do the same things, get the exact same magazine spots over and over, and just stay in place.

And RonoCro is alright, they seem to have their niche, they already headlined over Nocturnal Bloodlust and Black Gene ( a band that should be much more popular as well, but that is a different story).

D Out starting breaking the top ten and are getting mainstream attention, they could be getting bigger but nothing has come of it.

The bands dont even get a chance to flop, since they never get a push. All PSC bands that get big do it by themselves.

I wish some of these bands would go to DangerCrue, or have another management team in VK to go to.

I see Codomo Dragon is getting bigger already, and is in the top 30 of Oricon... Despite not being a pop sound or being marketed as bishounen.

On their site the artists are listed in groups of Major then Indie, and ranked in order of popularity / success.

Gazette is one of the biggest VK bands, Kra, Vivid and D=Out are successful (I would have even thought D=Out is bigger than Vivid).

Correction here. They're not ranked by popularity/success. They're ranked by seniority (i.e., the major artists are ranked in order of when they went major). That's how they've always listed their artists and why ViViD is before D=OUT. ViViD went major in January 2011 and D=OUT in summer 2011.

All these thing you guys are saying about bands being not that popular make me curious and want to know more. Is there a thread to discuss these things?

They regularly play shows for 1k plus crowds even when not tour finales, and Vivid charts in the top ten yet has played for 2k crowds for their finale even after being remarketed to be a band for fangirls.

I think you're kinda wrong

Just checked their last tour schedule :

札幌cube garden - 349 ppl

新横浜NEW SIDE BEACH!! - 350 ppl

名古屋Electric Lady Land - 500 ppl

ESAKA MUSE - 350 ppl

仙台MACANA - 200 pl

博多DRUM SON - 200 pl

None of them sold out.

You have so much confindence in Oricon when its not that important...

Usually japanese fans buy many cds to go to instore, so they can easily get a nice position in Oricon ranking, but it wont change the number of fans who attend to their concerts, and thats what matters for them. 

札幌cube garden - 349 ppl

新横浜NEW SIDE BEACH!! - 350 ppl

名古屋Electric Lady Land - 500 ppl

ESAKA MUSE - 350 ppl

仙台MACANA - 200 pl

博多DRUM SON - 200 pl

None of them sold out.

Usually japanese fans buy many cds to go to instore, so they can easily get a nice position in Oricon ranking, but it wont change the number of fans who attend to their concerts, and thats what matters for them.

4 week tour off one of the legs of the Joker tour which has been running two years, meanwhile, 12th A: 1k plus, Joker Zero: 1k plus, 13th A: 1k plus.

And yes true Aya, anyway, I thought D Out would be higher in actual ranking yet checking sales Vivid has sold more and the list still matches in order of total sales from what I see.

As for cd sales not being important, I disagree, it is the actual main product.

A9 can pack an arena full of fujoshi, it isn't moving their product more than when they played smaller venues for a final, and it isnt expanding their fanbase beyond that market.

I have to agree with ricchubunny. CD sales are NOT a good indication for how successful a band is. To get the most accurate picture, the best place to look is the venue capacity for their one-man lives.

All these thing you guys are saying about bands being not that popular make me curious and want to know more. Is there a thread to discuss these things?

I think there's been a couple threads.  Although, right off the top of my head is this one that I've saved because of all the live house size information it has: Japanese Live Houses Order To Success.

Well, I wouldn't mind it Alice Nine turned a bit heavier... :wan-44:

I always liked the Yami ni chiru sakura side of the band.

That would only happen if Saga ditched his role in A9's composition roles ("lead composer" ever since Gemini - I think?)

I never got the fuss over Yami ni chiru sakura back in the day - and now either

As for cd sales not being important, I disagree, it is the actual main product.

A9 can pack an arena full of fujoshi, it isn't moving their product more than when they played smaller venues for a final, and it isnt expanding their fanbase beyond that market.

CD's arent the main product at all, at least in Japan. Tickets are. 

It's a recording industry. Labels make their money off record sales.

It is the product the bands are based around releasing, how you reach an audience, etc. If you have no record saled you have no impact on the industry. Are live events important? Yes. Are they the main product? No.

All promotion is based around releases, tours are named after them, most of a bands coverage is based around their releases. Many tours themselves are based around promoting a release.

The reason why a band is major is because they move units.

The actual songs recorded and released to listen to are the main product.

I remember the guy from Nocturnal Bloodlust complaining about piracy, and hey, these bands release so many types for their CDs and so many forgettable singles in a short time... I think the CD selling is important for them. Lives are important but CDs also. They want to sell their CDs and they have to.

I think your thought is more valid for west bands. I already saw some guys from american bands talking about piracy and they kind of don't care that much if people get their music through illegal download since they get their music and go to their shows. Not a general thing, but a fact valid for some bands.

Despite all the hate for PSC: They made fucking good music under their management!

But I'm interested in which direction they head now and hope also that they depart of Universial Music.

I remember the guy from Nocturnal Bloodlust complaining about piracy, and hey, these bands release so many types for their CDs and so many forgettable singles in a short time... I think the CD selling is important for them. Lives are important but CDs also. They want to sell their CDs and they have to.

I think your thought is more valid for west bands. I already saw some guys from american bands talking about piracy and they kind of don't care that much if people get their music through illegal download since they get their music and go to their shows. Not a general thing, but a fact valid for some bands.

Dude, read again what i said, i didnt say its not important, i said ITS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT hahahaha

Back to the point, Kra dont sell well enough to a 13 y.o band, ViViD is avarage, D=OUT okay, the others : BEEEEEEEP 

PSC used to be a good label, but nowadays I hardly ever hear anything about their bands anymore. They're disappearing. I hear more about Royz, Lycaon, Nocturnal Bloodlust and MEJIBRAY, than PSC bands.

Dude, read again what i said, i didnt say its not important, i said ITS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT hahahaha

Back to the point, Kra dont sell well enough to a 13 y.o band, ViViD is avarage, D=OUT okay, the others : BEEEEEEEP

Examples of these numerous high selling VK bands that make Vivid average?

Vivid:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/artist/485256/ranking/cd_single/

Kamijo:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/artist/12859/ranking/cd_single/

So Vivid sells better than Kamijo who is more than a decade senior and on Warner. They make their label more money.

You are making it seem like if a band doesn't do SID numbers they aren't successful. There aren't many blockbuster acts associated with VK.

Sorry but who the fuck is Kamijo in Japan :P Btw, ViViD isnt a VK band haha

Im saying we cant tell if a band is successful or not just by Oricon numbers. They dont show their real mobilization. 

^^^thank you Zess! Got tired of coming back to this thread and seeing this argument. -__-

Im just concerned about the style they will head in after the contract expires and who they will sign with.

^^^thank you Zess! Got tired of coming back to this thread and seeing this argument. -__-

Im just concerned about the style they will head in after the contract expires and who they will sign with.

If you're coming this much to this topic you should already now they're signed to Universal Music and if they're leaving PSC UM will manage them from now heh 

And okay Zess, sorry for this 

If you're coming this much to this topic you should already now they're signed to Universal Music and if they're leaving PSC UM will manage them from now heh

And okay Zess, sorry for this

It's not that I was coming tk this thread that much, I was just expecting more news on the actual topic. That's all, and if they would be signing with anyone else. Geez.