Mamo

Top 10 Best Short-lived VK Bands?

3. La'miss fairy

This to the nth degree. They were so awesome, and one release is just not enough! But I guess they disbanded 'cause that one guy died, and I assume he was the main guitarist, which is what made their music so awesome in the first place, so...

Ohhh yeah, forgot about La'miss. Why that dude have to die :-S Also Vice Risk is another I thought was great ;D

Absolutely! I'm tempted to add Lamina to this as well, but at least they got out a decent discography from those initial releases.

Lamina is one I can kinda vote for. I love em but then I kinda don't love em but then I kinda do and I don't really know what to think haha.

Aside from those, シュガーフォークフル all the way ;_;. In three years they released jack shit, and it sucks 'cause every single one of their songs was great. (But then again, the main songwriter left, so it wouldn't have been the same if they stuck around.) Dali recently covered an SF song; makes me wish they'd have some sort of SF memorial release or something ;(

I forgot all about my old skewl UC favourites. HISKAREA, Sugar Folkfull and Mar'derayla :wub:

....and maybe Karen.

Early 2000 had a few short lived talent. tosinn, gullet, blast, ganeisha. Fortunately, members from most these bands went on to other things : ))

Bands black:list and zodia (one of few good indie UC bands I've heard). I enjoyed their stuff and wanted to hear more.

reviving a REALLY old thread, hehe

my list in no particular order, they were all great! okay, but Black:list and Zodia would really be my top two though.

Black:list

Zodia

Cocktail♪note - wayyy better than any of towa/takuya's later bands

Necro Circus

JIVE

Lucy

As if in the darkness

L'eprica and most of Raya's projects, but L'eprica seems to be active again!

Marrow Haze - they released one demo but i only heard one song from it. sounds hella good tho.

COЯE THE CHILD - seconding this band too. i never really got into Unsraw.

i would definitely add tosinn to the list, except they're not considered vk.

Edited by plastic_rainbow

4 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

Zodia

Zodia for god damn sure. I still occasionally spin them in my car. Boggles my mind that they were together for such a short period of time, yet still put out the kick ass singles.

tosinn not being a V系 band is news to me. Back in the day I don't remember anyone questioning their "visualness". They used to play with lots of other visual bands when they were around.

A quick 10-name drop:

-Lucide

-babysitter

-ハッピーサッド

-otoiro

-GULLET

-Shiver

-DUMMY CHILDREN

-L'yse:nore

-gechena

-AURORA

6 hours ago, r... said:

tosinn not being a V系 band is news to me. Back in the day I don't remember anyone questioning their "visualness". They used to play with lots of other visual bands when they were around.

A quick 10-name drop:

-Lucide

-babysitter

-ハッピーサッド

-otoiro

-GULLET

-Shiver

-DUMMY CHILDREN

-L'yse:nore

-gechena

-AURORA

That's a wonderful list right there, especially babysitter, GULLET and DC. <3

6 hours ago, r... said:

i always thought they were a vk band too, until i was told that they were not considered vk despite having a vk background. it makes some sense considering how casual they looked.

8 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i always thought they were a vk band too, until i was told that they were not considered vk despite having a vk background. it makes some sense considering how casual they looked.

Looking casual was never a problem. ラヴィアンローズ barely used any make-up and they were a visual band just the same. I understand the lines get a bit blurry sometimes, but, to me, if a band plays in the same circuit of visual bands, appear in V系-related magazines, plays in V系-related events, then too bad, they are a V系 band.