01. otoiro

02. 斜GIRL (ShaGIRL)

03. tosinn

04. P∞L

05. CoЯe The Child

06. ベリィ (Berry)

07. Black:List

08. 國立少年 (National Kid)

09. gift(This was more a one-time project...but still)

10. Bug Friday

i was going to say aliene mariage and madeth gray'll.

But since each have more than 2 years. So i don't know much anymore. Though, i post it anyway now lol

non-nonカロリー even though they were an alter-ego band ;u

Judging a lot of you right now.

4. Klein kaiser

5. Earl Grey

Agreed.

-L'yse:nore

-Oxide

-Ti+Dee

The Rudie Satan Park: over hyped bad to mediocre VK. People only like them because they're heavy and full of screams and that doesn't make it good music. The vocalist, while OK at screaming, positively rapes my ears with his singing. Please, gtfo.

Darty Drop: LOL. Next.

Le'veil: Le'veil is to D'espairsRay what La:Sadie's is to Dir en grey - no one would care about them if it weren't for what they became. As they are, they aren't bad but they aren't special. They're decidedly average and deserve no spot on a top 10.

I would really like to ask why you haven't considered GULLET, tosinn, or gossip for any of those positions.

GULLET was generic as shit. I don't understand the love for them.

gossip was pretty terrible, too. Outside of hiro's voice, there was nothing that made them stand out.

Well I'm just assuming certain things about his taste in music based off of what he's posted in various threads and in this one. Maybe that isn't right but it's the only way for me to ask questions and get answers. I'm throwing out some of the more popular bands of the last few years that weren't included on that list and I'm asking him why those weren't considered when compared to some of the bands on his list that I personally find unlistenable. Sure, not everyone's going to like the same things but not seeing the staple GULLET, tosinn, gossip or Heartless answers really intrigued me.

So I decided to ask :)

Honestly though I'm no expert on this subject. I skipped over the whole "BE ENAMORED WITH RARE KVLT INDIE BANDS" phase and jumped right to the cynicism.

Quit being nice. I wanted a slapfight > : (

Quit being nice. I wanted a slapfight > : (

*slap*

As some other people here have mentioned explicitly, finding a top 10 list of bands that were around for less than 2 years is difficult because a good chunk of these bands that disbanded under two years aren't very good. I think a top 5 list would be very challenging. Anyway, here's my list.

1) tosinn - I place these guys up here because they are the most solid band I know that disbanded under two years. I don't know why they did but if they didn't we wouldn't have cocklobin so I guess I cannot be too upset. They still were pretty good but a little hard to get into.

2) GULLET - Even though precious kitty thought they were generic I enjoyed them. Once again, if they were still around we wouldn't have 9GBO so I can't be upset that they're gone now. Also pretty good, but I'd put tosinn first anyday.

3) HEARTLESS - I actually tie these guys with GULLET but I personally like GULLET more so they come third. They had two years so they weren't terribly inventive, but they certainly weren't terrible. They did an overdone style well and the vocalist was talented. I wonder where they're all going now.

4) Black:List - They make the list solely because of Kyotaro + TOMOZO. At this point, Kyotaro could do harsh vocals well and he didn't sound like he was coughing up a lung when he was singing (hi pre-illational THE EIGHT) and TOMOZO is just a solid guitarist and was part of SULFURIC ACID, which was also a pretty decent to good band. The first incarnation of the band with RYO as vocalist was just "alright" but neither era did much to differentiate them from every other loud kei band. They never got an identity of their own and that's why I put them at number four.

5) CoЯe The Child - Like UnsraW but better in some respects. Yuuki's growls were better here but his singing wasn't top notch and I personally like the variation CTC brings to their music (when listening to UnsraW I get the feeling of heavy, heavy, heavier, o look obligatory ballad, moar heavy) but...the four bands above are just better than them in my book so they get number five.

tosinn - I don't know why they did but if they didn't we wouldn't have cocklobin so I guess I cannot be too upset.

That's what I thought; it's really too bad that they didn't last long but I'm also glad they did. And it sucks that the other members except nigu retired. Those generic VK trannies should retire instead.

tosinn, CoЯe The Child, Phobia, and Black:List. Stated beforehand, it's disappointing they weren't around for long, but good band like cocklobin would never have been formed if they were.

(In no particular order)

1. Da'vid/Shito:aL

2. Aioria

3. Klein Kaiser

4. Nageki Shito

5. Pleur

6. Black:List

7. Heartless

8. Kibouya Honpo

9. GULLET

10. Garasu

I just wrote these down as they came to my head. I thought each of these bands where really good or could have grown into something so much better.

i agree with jrockdrama for : カザリ

1.カルト

2.ASS'n'ARRow~????????~

3.Dizon

4.ゾディア

5.Bloody Mary

6.JOKER

7.ロドウェル

8.[13]

9.ラッド

10.キス&??イト

GULLET was generic as shit. I don't understand the love for them.

gossip was pretty terrible, too. Outside of hiro's voice, there was nothing that made them stand out.

Melno-megaizlase-7.jpg

Deflina Ma'riage is still around, I think? They've got a live scheduled for December, at least.

If I had to pick a few, it'd probably be any band that ヒロ was in(Plu'to/P*Route/GAM/Grigori). He seems to have terrible luck with bands actually staying around. Other than that, the only others that really come to mind are D'AIR, キシュ-qiche-(damn them for saying they were reviving then not) and MayDay.

3. La'miss fairy

This to the nth degree. They were so awesome, and one release is just not enough! But I guess they disbanded 'cause that one guy died, and I assume he was the main guitarist, which is what made their music so awesome in the first place, so...

If there's only one option

ZODIA

Absolutely! I'm tempted to add Lamina to this as well, but at least they got out a decent discography from those initial releases. ZODIA disbanding was a real shame. They really could have been a big hit for UNDER CODE (at least in terms of critical opinion).

Aside from those, シュガーフォークフル all the way ;_;. In three years they released jack shit, and it sucks 'cause every single one of their songs was great. (But then again, the main songwriter left, so it wouldn't have been the same if they stuck around.) Dali recently covered an SF song; makes me wish they'd have some sort of SF memorial release or something ;(

And hmmm, I liked D'AIR, but I think they kind of ran their course. They had a decently sized discography at the least. I think hearing more stuff from SyvaR... would be much more interesting!

Also, マーディレイラ! They released more than many other bands in this thread, but they were gd awesome.