Aferni

THE BLACK SWAN

Anyone remember NEGA, well of course you do they were amazing. After they disbanded a new band was announced, THE BLACK SWAN. As soon as my friend Saito and I heard this news we were pumped, we loved NEGA and we loved JIN.

It was a while before we heard any music since the announcement of this new band, but then two previews were released on youtube months later. The song's Jishin Boukansha and I SOLATION.

Imo THE BLACK SWAN sounds amazing, their live single kurochou is great. It's like listening to NEGA, i guess that's the sound JIN was going for considering how much significance Jishin Boukansha has. 

Seems to say that TBS is the continuation of the “expression” that he was trying to make at the end of NEGA. It took him a while to find members who wanted to express that same thing, and he almost gave up, but eventually found the lineup that forms TBS today. 

He also mentions that TBS song Jishin Boukansha (自深傍観者) is highly related to the NEGA songs - and THE LAST TIMES FOREVER

At their event KILLER X KILLER CARNIVAL, they will have I SOLATION freely distributed to staff workers.  

FIRST TOUR 2014 「NEEDLESS × NEEDLESS」 TOUR FINAL 

KILLER × KILLER CARNIVAL 
2014-09-11 at Takadanobaba (高田馬場) AREA 
THE BLACK SWAN / Sel'm / Femme Fatale / ERIZA / Nihilizm / SAVAGE 

※ I SOLATION freely distributed to attendees 

Their live-only demo CD thingie isn't too bad... it's hard for me to make a fair opinion because the production/sound was so crap but the music seems okay enough. Gonna stick around to check out what they'll have to offer in the future anyway.

Nega with competent guitarists, drums that do not sound like shit and a bassist that actually tries lol. The thing I disliked with Kurochou was that there was little progression to speak of in the songs, especially Jishinboukansha. Love that their solo guitarist (?) seems to enjoy that kind of super whiney guitar sounds though like in the breakdown of TRIPPER

Jin's voice was actually my least favorite aspect of NEGA because he was so inconsistent. But on the new live distro he sounds awesome. It's way more than I was expecting, so I'm eager to see how their formal releases will sound. 

waiting for them to beat neo destruction and utsu

waiting for them to beat neo destruction and utsu

I wonder if they'll remaster neo destruction, that song is what got me into NEGA.

I've always absolutely adored Jins' vocals, no matter how aggressive he sounded or 'over the top' it was (over the instruments I mean, since I read a couple of times fans didn't like how loud he was). So I was thrilled when I saw he'd be in a new band. Their first release I really enjoyed, so I'm looking forward to seeing more from them and, hopefully, Jin'll keep improving so everyone can listen happily. 

change it it beat utsu, that was nega's best

So what are people's thoughts on Mirror,Mirror?

It sounds very Nega to me.... but also like a very boring Nega song that doesn't really go anywhere.

Sometimes I make the mistake of equating rarity with quality, and I think I did that here. I got hyped cause it's a cool title and I didn't see it for auction for like a month after it came out... but I should remember that live-distro CDs are probably mostly made up of B-sides that the band already decided weren't really good enough for proper release, and that's exactly what Mirror, Mirror sounds like.

:2.0:

Is it just or me or does Makoto have immense feet? 

He does have immense feet 

We just published an interview with the band! We're also giving away 2 free autograph boards through Rafflecopter. Deadline to enter is 2/10 at 11:59PM.

http://shattered-tranquility.net/index.php/02/03/interview-the-black-swan/

Did Itsuki just give a Natalie Portman in Leon: The Professional shoutout!? I think he's my new favorite VK bandman.

Nice interview!

Seems like they're tired of people labelling them because of Kotetsu and omfg I love them

Relistening to Ousia today and I think it really is a fantastic album, much better then anything Nega did. At first I didn't like it because it's really dense and sounds very samey but every time I come back to it I like it a little more. Some criticisms are it's too long and too much metalcore/deathcore chugging but there is really great songwriting all throughout the album. Jin's voice contributes to the amazing atmosphere and he's gotten better since Nega. On all of Nega's releases there were times where his voice made me cringe pretty badly but this is mostly absent when I listen to Ousia. If they released a whole album filled with songs as good as the title track and 流声、相剋の廃と it would be vk album of the decade imo.

Edited by fieldsgrow